Photo

Earthbound has finally made it's long awaited Return

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
17 replies to this topic

EZLO21
EZLO21

Owner of Zelda 101

• Thwomp
  • 651 Posts

Posted 18 July 2013 - 11:52 AM

Yeah I am not pulling your arms or legs, Nintendo has officially re released Earthbound and you may download it for 9.99 USD on the Wii U eShop now. They have in other news updated Nintendo Zone for the 3DS too. Here is the Press Release for both of these and more:

http://press.nintend...es.jsp?id=39817

You may now talk about this and everything else in this Press Release if you wish to.

I can't believe they are giving us Earthbound on my 30th birthday and I don't have enough to get it.

Posted Image

Joshua
Joshua

The Watcher

• Bulborb
  • 846 Posts

Posted 18 July 2013 - 10:15 PM

CHEER! HURRAH! THIS DAY HAS FINALLY COME!

Sorry, I would have been here to post about this sooner, but I was too busy actually playing Earthbound.

261excw.gif nl74m9.gif vo0jnk.png

Spin
Spin

Absolute Zero

• Ness
  • 7,456 Posts

Posted 18 July 2013 - 11:31 PM

I have to choose between this and DuckTales Remastered....

I DON'T KNOW WHICH TO CHOOSE.

hA0AZYy.png

Sanji07
Sanji07

Nya

• Kirby
  • 10,781 Posts

Posted 18 July 2013 - 11:58 PM

Flip a coin.

GO WITH WHAT YOUR HEART IS TELLING YOU.

Posted Image

^0w0^

Posted Image

Joshua
Joshua

The Watcher

• Bulborb
  • 846 Posts

Posted 21 July 2013 - 12:04 PM

I have to choose between this and DuckTales Remastered....

I DON'T KNOW WHICH TO CHOOSE.

Spin, the correct answer is Earthbound. Remember this very important rule: If you must choose between two games and one of them is Earthbound, always choose Earthbound unless the other game's title includes the phrase "The Legend of Zelda".

261excw.gif nl74m9.gif vo0jnk.png

Spin
Spin

Absolute Zero

• Ness
  • 7,456 Posts

Posted 21 July 2013 - 12:52 PM

I can't say that I'm all that impressed with the game right now. It's definitely better than most simple turn based RPGs I've played. But the story is super simple and there isn't much there that is explained. I hear Mother 3 fixes this. Hopefully supporting earthbound on VC gets us Mother 3 here in the US.

hA0AZYy.png

Sanji07
Sanji07

Nya

• Kirby
  • 10,781 Posts

Posted 21 July 2013 - 06:44 PM

What about the second Mother/Earthbound? I never hear about it. ._.

Posted Image

^0w0^

Posted Image

Spin
Spin

Absolute Zero

• Ness
  • 7,456 Posts

Posted 21 July 2013 - 08:23 PM

What about the second Mother/Earthbound? I never hear about it. ._.

Earthbound is Mother 2. Mother 1 is known as Earthbound Zero by most Mother fans.

hA0AZYy.png

Sanji07
Sanji07

Nya

• Kirby
  • 10,781 Posts

Posted 21 July 2013 - 08:28 PM

Earthbound is Mother 2. Mother 1 is known as Earthbound Zero by most Mother fans.

Oh....so did Mother 1 ever get released here?

Posted Image

^0w0^

Posted Image

Spin
Spin

Absolute Zero

• Ness
  • 7,456 Posts

Posted 21 July 2013 - 09:50 PM

Oh....so did Mother 1 ever get released here?

Nope,

I think that is a good reason as for why Earthbound feels so empty. The characters aren't all that fleshed out. Probably because publishing a sequel international as opposed to only Japan would have been awkward for other countries that didn't know the story.

The first game stars Ninten (derived from Nintendo). It was originally on the Famicom/NES in Japan.

hA0AZYy.png

Sanji07
Sanji07

Nya

• Kirby
  • 10,781 Posts

Posted 21 July 2013 - 09:54 PM

Nope,

I think that is a good reason as for why Earthbound feels so empty. The characters aren't all that fleshed out. Probably because publishing a sequel international as opposed to only Japan would have been awkward for other countries that didn't know the story.

The first game stars Ninten (derived from Nintendo). It was originally on the Famicom/NES in Japan.

Weird...why haven't fans been wanting the first game? I've only heard about Earthbound and Mother 3. ._.

Posted Image

^0w0^

Posted Image

Spin
Spin

Absolute Zero

• Ness
  • 7,456 Posts

Posted 21 July 2013 - 09:56 PM

Weird...why haven't fans been wanting the first game? I've only heard about Earthbound and Mother 3. ._.

Probably because it has long since been translated. And it is also the next part of the story after Earthbound. A step forward is more wanted than a step backward I guess.

hA0AZYy.png

Sanji07
Sanji07

Nya

• Kirby
  • 10,781 Posts

Posted 21 July 2013 - 09:58 PM

Probably because it has long since been translated. And it is also the next part of the story after Earthbound. A step forward is more wanted than a step backward I guess.

Oh that makes sense. 8'D

Posted Image

^0w0^

Posted Image

Spin
Spin

Absolute Zero

• Ness
  • 7,456 Posts

Posted 21 July 2013 - 10:03 PM

One thing I was kind of hoping for is this, I played this Earthbound clone game called Guadia Quest, played very much the same and looked the same as this game battle wise. The cool thing about it though was it has this roulette wheel thing whenever you attack, you could press the button any time during the attack and it would stop the wheel, the effect pictured on the wheel would then be added to the attack. Whether it be missing or hitting with critical damage, healing yourself or adding an element to your attack. I was thinking Earthbound would do the same thing.

Unfortunately, it doesn't seem so.

hA0AZYy.png

EZLO21
EZLO21

Owner of Zelda 101

• Thwomp
  • 651 Posts

Posted 22 July 2013 - 11:33 AM

The only reason I am holding off on Earthbound is because I am saving for my new laptop and the other fact is that it will be around when I finally do get it. I will be getting an HP Envy 17 laptop, because it has everything I am wanting and I am mostly getting it for more space, more ram, and a SuperMulti DVD Burner too. I am not getting it for the SuperMulti DVD Burner even tho it comes with it. Any way Earthbound will be on there when I finally do get it.

Posted Image

Spin
Spin

Absolute Zero

• Ness
  • 7,456 Posts

Posted 22 July 2013 - 03:45 PM

I think it'd be cool for Nintendo to tell us how well Earthbound is doing since it came out.

hA0AZYy.png

Spin
Spin

Absolute Zero

• Ness
  • 7,456 Posts

Posted 27 July 2013 - 02:58 PM

I got to talk to Marcus Lindblom the other day, he was the lead localization director for Earthbound. It wasn't a long talk. But he did show me this interview he did with Wired. Ya'll might wanna read it:

http://www.wired.com...lom-earthbound/

hA0AZYy.png

Fatal
Fatal
  • Rattata
  • 151 Posts

Posted 28 October 2013 - 06:46 PM

EarthBound is in my top 15 / 10 favorites.