Hello hello, I'm new! A friend of mine gave me a link to this site a long while back, so I figured that I'd give it a shot. (Everything looks so polished!)
So... I'll try to be concise. I'm looking for a friendly, mature, and tolerant online community I can hang out with. I'm generally not in any specific geographical location for longer than 4 months at a time, so I prefer to make online friends, and even then people come and go. None of my old Skype friends seem to come online anymore.
I used to be on IMVU a while back, but I didn't get along well with the community there. I left when some harassers targeted me and began stalking me on another online networks as well. I'm also technically on Gaia Online, but when I try to have discuss anything, I feel like the people there are either children fooling around or senior members who just collect the virtual items. Or trolls; gotta love'em trolls! /sarcasm
1. I'm a student living in Canada right now.
2. I absolutely love anime, and I enjoy writing reviews once I've watched a series enough times. (I'd love to share some, if no one minds!) I prefer shows with depth to them.
3. I used to game quite a bit. I still play some games on Steam, but I have a Mac now, so my selection is limited. (I was also active on Guild Wars 2 for a long while, until Anet decided to make it another hardcore MMO and the casual players left.)
4. I used to be a Nintendo gamer, but I don't have any of the new systems and I don't feel the need to buy them. (Though I missed out on Fire Emblem, I'm missing out on Animal Crossing, and I'll probably miss out on Phoenix's return. D:)
5. I'm also a furry, but I hope you won't hold that against me. D: (On that matter, I'm also on Furaffinity, but I don't get along that well with the rest of the fandom.)
Personal Anime Trivia:
1. My all-time favourite anime is Steins;Gate.
2. The anime I enjoyed the most was The World God Only Knows.
3. My favourite "casual" anime is Phi Brain.
4. My least favourite "serious" anime is Sword Art Online.
Casual = for casual entertainment, not expecting depth (e.g. non-5D's YuGiOh, Cardfight Vanguard, etc.)
Serious = I expect quality characters and story, like shows where characters don't fight fight with trading cards
So yep, nice to meet you all. :D I hope that I'll like this place enough to stay.