Photo

Wii Sports - Totaka's Song found? Your Thoughts

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
3 replies to this topic

Cam3ron36@NP
Cam3ron36@NP

Retro Gamer/Reviewer

• Rattata
  • 163 Posts

Posted 07 August 2013 - 11:27 PM

Hey guys, I just watched this video, and was curious to get some more opinions on the matter.  For those who don't know, Totaka's Song is a little melody found in every game that the composer Totaka has worked on.  Well, almost all, some games remain unaccounted for.  This video tries to find out if the pitches in Wii Sports Tennis match up to the song.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nEWYsxa5udM

While they remain inconclusive for logical reasons, I still think it sounds enough like the song.  Sure they mention the thing about lining it up for the specific song, but 2 things.

1.  I don't think the Mario one they tried to do sounded much like the super mario bros level 1-1 song.

2. I've left this for several days, then clipped myself right to the wii rackets only version of the song when I had kind of forgotten what it sounded like.

Your thoughts?

WildWorld
WildWorld

The Wildest.

• Space Pirate
  • 2,501 Posts

Posted 08 August 2013 - 11:38 AM

I don't believe it's Totaka's song. As they state in the video, the racket sounds can be compatible with many other songs, making it too tough to tell. The fact that editing was needed to even begin to think it might be the song further proves to me that this is merely a coincidence.

Totaka likes hiding his song in tough places, but he always has it play out in its entirety in an obvious fashion.

3DS Friend Code: 0817 - 3915 - 9370
Posted Image

Cam3ron36@NP
Cam3ron36@NP

Retro Gamer/Reviewer

• Rattata
  • 163 Posts

Posted 08 August 2013 - 01:47 PM

I don't believe it's Totaka's song. As they state in the video, the racket sounds can be compatible with many other songs, making it too tough to tell. The fact that editing was needed to even begin to think it might be the song further proves to me that this is merely a coincidence.

Totaka likes hiding his song in tough places, but he always has it play out in its entirety in an obvious fashion.

I was thinking that upon later look yesterday.  The one that bugs me is Wave Race 64.  He seems to be inconstent in today's games as to when he adds them, but they were in all his games back then except Wave Race 64.

Fatal
Fatal
  • Rattata
  • 151 Posts

Posted 28 October 2013 - 06:43 PM

I say it's real.