Photo

______ Fan Signatures

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
16 replies to this topic

NintendoQueen
NintendoQueen

Haaaave You Met Ted?

• Space Pirate
  • 2,482 Posts

Posted 12 August 2013 - 11:18 AM

I see a few members with signatures that say  ____________ Fan, and I think they are so fun! I think all the active members should have his/her own signature created and other members could use those. (Unless this is already a thing!!) And we could have a thread showcasing them, adding any new ones, etc.

This was just a quick idea that came to me. 

:)

Top Bunk
Top Bunk

Top Bunk

• Administrator
  • 15,548 Posts

Posted 12 August 2013 - 11:34 AM

Been a long time since we've had a fanbar craze. Switch used to make a bunch of them for people to use. And then later on I used the ones he made for me as a method to make a bunch of people fans of mine, and had a bunch of people with my fanbar in their sigs. I even expanded upon and had a fan ranking system, like with me as the godly leader, then having a commander, and even a janitor I think. :v

But aside from all that. I think this would be pretty cool.

bZCTZfr.png

Spoiler

NintendoQueen
NintendoQueen

Haaaave You Met Ted?

• Space Pirate
  • 2,482 Posts

Posted 12 August 2013 - 11:57 AM

Well crap! I reached my quota for likes today, and it's only noon!

Well,  I'm glad you think this is a good idea. I just think it would be fun to do, and people can create the banners (as you said Switch used to do this).

What was the fan ranking system?

Top Bunk
Top Bunk

Top Bunk

• Administrator
  • 15,548 Posts

Posted 12 August 2013 - 12:02 PM

That's sure running out of Likes fast. :v Might have to try and increase the limit.

Yeah, just a matter of finding people who aren't too lazy to make one. Lol.

And the fan ranking system was just some fake ranking stuff. Like instead of the fanbars only saying "Slasher Fan", it would say "Slasher Fan ~ God" (for the one I had), or "Slasher Fan ~ Commander" etc.

bZCTZfr.png

Spoiler

Spin
Spin

Absolute Zero

• Ness
  • 7,456 Posts

Posted 12 August 2013 - 01:29 PM

Yeah I don't think there should be a limit on liking things. There isn't a lot of people here that would abuse the system yet.

It'd be cool if we could see which person we like the most based on the rep system.

hA0AZYy.png

Top Bunk
Top Bunk

Top Bunk

• Administrator
  • 15,548 Posts

Posted 12 August 2013 - 01:33 PM

Yeah I don't think there should be a limit on liking things. There isn't a lot of people here that would abuse the system yet.

It'd be cool if we could see which person we like the most based on the rep system.

I could see a few instances in which a limit would help. But with the members we have, they aren't really even an issue.

And being able to see who we Like the most would be neat. But might also cause some issues with members who tend to take things personally. Everyone wants to be the most liked, naturally. So if there are members that aren't high up on anyone's most-liked list, it might create a fuss. Kinda like back when we had negative reputation. So I'd prefer to avoid any potential mess like that again. :v

bZCTZfr.png

Spoiler

Spin
Spin

Absolute Zero

• Ness
  • 7,456 Posts

Posted 12 August 2013 - 01:36 PM

I didn't think the neg rep business was that bad. More like a small debate. But yes I understand.

hA0AZYy.png

Top Bunk
Top Bunk

Top Bunk

• Administrator
  • 15,548 Posts

Posted 12 August 2013 - 01:42 PM

I didn't think the neg rep business was that bad. More like a small debate. But yes I understand.

Small debate that resulted in reports being made and emotional stress with drama for certain people.

Personally I saw no issue with it either, but the facts of the whole thing cannot be ignored.

bZCTZfr.png

Spoiler

Spin
Spin

Absolute Zero

• Ness
  • 7,456 Posts

Posted 12 August 2013 - 01:49 PM

I guess I don't remember it all that well.

hA0AZYy.png

NintendoQueen
NintendoQueen

Haaaave You Met Ted?

• Space Pirate
  • 2,482 Posts

Posted 12 August 2013 - 02:56 PM

We don't want any butthurt people here on NP.

Sanji07
Sanji07

Nya

• Kirby
  • 10,789 Posts

Posted 12 August 2013 - 03:02 PM

I still have my Slasher Fan fanbar on my photobucket account. XD This would be a cool fad to bring back!

Posted Image

^0w0^

Posted Image

apathy
apathy
  • Adept
  • 3,825 Posts

Posted 12 August 2013 - 03:27 PM

http://nintendopipel...d-on-directory/

:: [Soundcloud] :: [Mixcloud] ::
deep/tech house

Sanji07
Sanji07

Nya

• Kirby
  • 10,789 Posts

Posted 12 August 2013 - 03:47 PM

I haven't seen that thread in forever. o_o

Posted Image

^0w0^

Posted Image

NintendoQueen
NintendoQueen

Haaaave You Met Ted?

• Space Pirate
  • 2,482 Posts

Posted 12 August 2013 - 04:17 PM

Thank you for sharing that, Switch! We need an updated one!! 

:]

Trinity
Trinity

Speaks In Animated Images

• Zelda
  • 5,329 Posts

Posted 19 August 2013 - 05:33 AM

So apparently fan bars actually were a thing way back when. I was never around for that, I guess. The only time I've seen fan bars floating around was when Slasher, being the ego he is, decided to start a fanclub... for himself.

I guess if there really are a lot of people into the fan bar shenanigans, it would be a solid idea to have a thread dedicated to keeping track of them.

And no, I'm still not a part of this whole fan bar thing. Stop trying, Slasher.

Edited by Trinity, 19 August 2013 - 06:06 AM.

Posted Image
Spoiler

Shulk
Shulk
  • Mario
  • 24,960 Posts

Posted 19 August 2013 - 06:45 AM

The only person it would effect emotionally is me but I'm not as active anymore and I belong to another community that I know actually likes me. Plus I'm already feeling unlinked here as it is so not like that will change if you decide to use the like system as a popularity contest.

Razor Bern
Razor Bern

Pirate

• Ike
  • 9,443 Posts

Posted 19 August 2013 - 09:52 AM

Been a long time since we've had a fanbar craze. Switch used to make a bunch of them for people to use. And then later on I used the ones he made for me as a method to make a bunch of people fans of mine, and had a bunch of people with my fanbar in their sigs. I even expanded upon and had a fan ranking system, like with me as the godly leader, then having a commander, and even a janitor I think. :v

But aside from all that. I think this would be pretty cool.

Ah memories.  I wish I had my old fanbar from then but I didn't save it anywhere.

ShulkSignature.jpg