Photo

Behold, the Nintendo 2DS

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
21 replies to this topic

Spin
Spin

Absolute Zero

• Ness
  • 7,455 Posts

Posted 28 August 2013 - 01:05 PM

Oh my, what is this...?

hA0AZYy.png

Innocence
Innocence

keep talking

• Rattata
  • 279 Posts

Posted 28 August 2013 - 01:50 PM

Wow, that looks so sweet! I love my 3DS, but that one is so cute.

PhantomL
PhantomL
  • Bob-omb
  • 91 Posts

Posted 28 August 2013 - 02:06 PM

It seems... strange.

It doesn't appeal to me but it will be good for children/people who don't care about 3d/people who are short on money and will help expand Nintendo's audiences in general.

020410f3-1211-4a92-a786-2ef9ed3a8861_zps

Tai
Tai
  • lke
  • 9,365 Posts

Posted 28 August 2013 - 02:11 PM

nintendo pls

Posted Image

I AM AND I ARE ALL WE

Sunkissii
Sunkissii

Zzzz

• Armos Knight
  • 3,404 Posts

Posted 28 August 2013 - 02:44 PM

It's like a McDonald child's toy, you get at every meal.

(No offense Nintendo).

To be honest: It seems, that the system, advertises more for a child age (then older kids/teens).

Because of it's compact size. And how it does the same thing as the 3DS but smaller.

It's easier for the child to carry it around or hold (I'm not saying they can't).

Plus, if any older kids or teens were to get it. They would probably have to wait

because they advertise it too fast. Since some of us, already have a 3DS.

And trying to save up on games.

Would I get it? Not really since it doesn't appeal to me as much.

Edited by Sunny, 28 August 2013 - 02:52 PM.

wU2Pke4.gifD2qlmWT.gif Always happy~

Spin
Spin

Absolute Zero

• Ness
  • 7,455 Posts

Posted 28 August 2013 - 03:44 PM

I don't understand the big bulky design of it. I love the DS's clamshell for it's pocket perfect design. You can't really put this in your pocket.

Although I'll admit the cheaper price is probably appealing to some people. Especially when I don't use the 3D at all.

hA0AZYy.png

Nathan
Nathan

Coffee Enthusiast

• Zelda
  • 5,262 Posts

Posted 28 August 2013 - 05:41 PM

god this is awful. it just looks terrible and bulky. not to mention nintendo officially sucks at naming their products

Posted Image

Hugh
Hugh

A Mann's Man

• 6,935 Posts

Posted 28 August 2013 - 06:10 PM

god this is awful. it just looks terrible and bulky. not to mention nintendo officially sucks at naming their products

tbh it's better than Nintendo 3DS MiniU

*eyeroll*

EDIT: Just wanted to say that the eyeroll and my avatar eyerolling is totally coincidental and I found that incredibly amusing.

Edited by Smash, 28 August 2013 - 06:11 PM.

Top Bunk
Top Bunk

Top Bunk

• Administrator
  • 15,542 Posts

Posted 28 August 2013 - 07:38 PM

They can't be serious...

This is almost on par with when they made the red/black Wii with no internet support.

I don't see a point in this. They took away the 3D, and also took away the hinges. I liked being able to close my 3DS into pocket mode to walk around with it. I don't think the 2DS would be able to fit in anyone's pockets. It'll make streetpassing near impossible as nobody would want to carry that thing around with them.

bZCTZfr.png

Spoiler

Trinity
Trinity

Speaks In Animated Images

• Zelda
  • 5,329 Posts

Posted 28 August 2013 - 09:37 PM

I liked being able to close my 3DS into pocket ... to walk around with it.

Basically the main reason why I would not get one of these things. RIP compactability.
Posted Image
Spoiler

Kea
Kea

memento mori

• Ness
  • 7,888 Posts

Posted 28 August 2013 - 10:41 PM

I would think that without the hinges, the system would be more durable. When a DS gets damaged, the hinges usually break before anything else break. Now it's more like a GameBoy.

I wouldn't get one, but I'm glad it's an option for lower income families and young children. After all, this is what it was made for.

I have to admit that the naming is pretty confusing, though. Replacing the "3" makes it sound like it's a new console instead of just another version of the same one. Hopefully that make that clear enough on the packaging.

Edited by Keatos, 28 August 2013 - 10:42 PM.

Posted Image

Sanji07
Sanji07

Nya

• Kirby
  • 10,750 Posts

Posted 28 August 2013 - 11:13 PM

At first I was a little worried that this was the successor to the 3DS. Glad to see that's not true.

Posted Image

^0w0^

Posted Image

Innocence
Innocence

keep talking

• Rattata
  • 279 Posts

Posted 29 August 2013 - 12:19 PM

Been seeing some hate about it on Facebook and Tumblr, wow. People fail to see that this new console is more targeted for children or people who want to avoid the console snapping in two after years of excessive use. If I hadn't already purchased the 3DS XL, I would've gave a thought to this one. Not only it's more wallet friendly, but there's no 3D to deal with. I don't use that function anyway, as my eyes can't even see it regardless. People buttraging and being hurt feelings with Nintendo should try to be more reasonable and understanding. Fools.

Zae
Zae
  • Monty Mole
  • 393 Posts

Posted 29 August 2013 - 01:18 PM

Been seeing some hate about it on Facebook and Tumblr, wow. People fail to see that this new console is more targeted for children or people who want to avoid the console snapping in two after years of excessive use. If I hadn't already purchased the 3DS XL, I would've gave a thought to this one. Not only it's more wallet friendly, but there's no 3D to deal with. I don't use that function anyway, as my eyes can't even see it regardless. People buttraging and being hurt feelings with Nintendo should try to be more reasonable and understanding. Fools.

well fans are always butt hurt at something , i guess this is the new fuel for them.

Regardless though im just glad its not really a replacement, as i just got my 3ds a few months back and it was pretty expensive for me.

pew pew

EZLO21
EZLO21

Owner of Zelda 101

• Thwomp
  • 651 Posts

Posted 30 August 2013 - 04:14 PM

It is not geared to the teen/adult markets here people, it is marketed to 5 and 6 year olds who's eyes are still developing their sight or vision. The 3D at a child's age is not something you want to ruin.

Also P.S. just skip buying it like I will be skipping it myself.

Posted Image

Innocence
Innocence

keep talking

• Rattata
  • 279 Posts

Posted 31 August 2013 - 06:15 AM

well fans are always butt hurt at something , i guess this is the new fuel for them.

Regardless though im just glad its not really a replacement, as i just got my 3ds a few months back and it was pretty expensive for me.

Nah, it obviously isn't a replacement. Not even close  :content: the 3DS has too much potential to just let go and fall back, even if I don't utilise the effect myself at all.

Top Bunk
Top Bunk

Top Bunk

• Administrator
  • 15,542 Posts

Posted 31 August 2013 - 09:49 AM

I can see the use of it being for kids. But it's the parents who will be buying it for them. Considering how a lot of parents are these days, they won't give much regard to the purpose of it being for younger children. They will think it's just a downgrade to the 3DS and not worth getting it, and get their kids a regular 3DS anyways. So that kinda renders the point of it useless.

Besides, the 3D on the 3DS is optional, so that's not really a valid reason for not getting a kid a 3DS. The 3D is not really damaging to their eyes anyways. That's just a precaution they put there so they can't get into any legal trouble if some kid ends up with bad eyesight with the 3D being blamed, whether or not it's actually the fault of it.

The only point I can see in the 2DS is the fact that it has no hinges and made to be more durable. That will probably be it's best selling point they can offer. But again, parents probably won't realize that and just see it as a bulky 3DS minus the 3D feature.

bZCTZfr.png

Spoiler

Jojo BitesChu
Jojo BitesChu
  • Shy Guy
  • 27 Posts

Posted 31 August 2013 - 12:39 PM

tWhy8Kt.png

Sanji07
Sanji07

Nya

• Kirby
  • 10,750 Posts

Posted 31 August 2013 - 02:53 PM

@Slasher Some kids might try to turn on the 3D when their parents aren't looking. 8V

I still don't think this is going to sell well...

Posted Image

^0w0^

Posted Image

Top Bunk
Top Bunk

Top Bunk

• Administrator
  • 15,542 Posts

Posted 31 August 2013 - 08:25 PM

@Slasher Some kids might try to turn on the 3D when their parents aren't looking. 8V

I still don't think this is going to sell well...

Not like turning on the 3D is going to affect much. It was already proven that the 3D on the 3DS is not harmful to your vision. It's a depth perception form of 3D that doesn't really alter your vision in any way.

bZCTZfr.png

Spoiler