Photo

The Spiritual Successor to Megaman will arrive!!!

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
73 replies to this topic

JMarz
JMarz

Rhyme's Love

• Armos Knight
  • 3,249 Posts

Posted 31 August 2013 - 10:04 PM

Kenji Inafune the creator of Megaman is making a Kickstarter for his own game. Since Capcom has failed to make any new Megaman games with in the last 3 years or so. Inafune has heard the cries of all Megaman fans and decided to do something about it. Even though Capcom is not using Megaman in any game and basically making him as a joke, they are sure as hell not giving up the IP to anyone; Inafune is making a new side scroller reminiscent to the Blue Bomber . Ladies and Gentlemen I introduce you to.....

MIghty No. 9

http://www.kickstart...no9/mighty-no-9

It was just announced today and already $160,000 has been donated for the cause. I hope this game comes to be and I would donate as much as I can for this. What are your thoughts about this.

JessSig_zps4aa17d34.png

Spin
Spin

Absolute Zero

• Ness
  • 7,456 Posts

Posted 31 August 2013 - 10:06 PM

This is excellent, I hope it goes well!

Whoa, he's asking for a lot of money to make all this stuff. Probably one of the more expensive kickstarters to date.

Edited by Spin, 31 August 2013 - 10:12 PM.

hA0AZYy.png

JMarz
JMarz

Rhyme's Love

• Armos Knight
  • 3,249 Posts

Posted 31 August 2013 - 10:14 PM

Whoa, he's asking for a lot of money to make all this stuff. Probably one of the more expensive kickstarters to date.

Well this game is worth it. Some one dropped a whole lot of money to have dinner with Kenji.

JessSig_zps4aa17d34.png

Sanji07
Sanji07

Nya

• Kirby
  • 10,781 Posts

Posted 31 August 2013 - 10:33 PM

So this is basically a new Mega Man? I'm on the fence about this.

There's even characters that look like Roll and the heroine for Mega Man Legends 3. O.o

Posted Image

^0w0^

Posted Image

Top Bunk
Top Bunk

Top Bunk

• Administrator
  • 15,548 Posts

Posted 31 August 2013 - 10:39 PM

So this is basically a new Mega Man? I'm on the fence about this.

There's even characters that look like Roll and the heroine for Mega Man Legends 3. O.o

Why are you on the fence about it? Capcom refuses to hand Megaman back to him, and instead are trying to kill off Megaman. The fans want more Megaman games, so Inafune is stepping up to the plate to handle that, creating a new IP to replace Megaman, a character that Capcom can't touch. Being able to renew the Megaman style in the only way possible.

So to do that, of course they need to have similar-ish characters. But it's not like it's a direct copy. They intend to have new revolutionary ideas added into it.

Anyways, I'm all in support for this. I hope it succeeds.

bZCTZfr.png

Spoiler

Sanji07
Sanji07

Nya

• Kirby
  • 10,781 Posts

Posted 31 August 2013 - 10:51 PM

Why are you on the fence about it? Capcom refuses to hand Megaman back to him, and instead are trying to kill off Megaman. The fans want more Megaman games, so Inafune is stepping up to the plate to handle that, creating a new IP to replace Megaman, a character that Capcom can't touch. Being able to renew the Megaman style in the only way possible.

So to do that, of course they need to have similar-ish characters. But it's not like it's a direct copy. They intend to have new revolutionary ideas added into it.

Anyways, I'm all in support for this. I hope it succeeds.

I'm not sure if I like having newish characters replacing Megaman. Don't get me wrong it's just a shame that Megaman has to be replaced like this. The new designs do look good...it's probably just a matter of getting used to them.

I am more on the positive side. Just hoping that MAYBE Megaman doesn't completely die away (and doesn't appear in anymore disappointing games).

Posted Image

^0w0^

Posted Image

Top Bunk
Top Bunk

Top Bunk

• Administrator
  • 15,548 Posts

Posted 31 August 2013 - 11:01 PM

I'm not sure if I like having newish characters replacing Megaman. Don't get me wrong it's just a shame that Megaman has to be replaced like this. The new designs do look good...it's probably just a matter of getting used to them.

I am more on the positive side. Just hoping that MAYBE Megaman doesn't completely die away (and doesn't appear in anymore disappointing games).

Capcom has had many opportunities to revive Megaman, but has passed it up each time. Even cancelling the most anticipated Megaman games that all fans were wanting so badly. All they've done with him lately is throw him in a couple of games to mock his appearance. That's the most we'll see Capcom do with him.

If we do end up seeing a real Megaman game, it would probably be because Capcom just wants to screw Keiji over and prevent him from gaining success.

I'd rather see this new concept win over. It's only right for Keiji to take back the spotlight he had from creating Megaman in the first place.

bZCTZfr.png

Spoiler

Sanji07
Sanji07

Nya

• Kirby
  • 10,781 Posts

Posted 31 August 2013 - 11:05 PM

Capcom has had many opportunities to revive Megaman, but has passed it up each time. Even cancelling the most anticipated Megaman games that all fans were wanting so badly. All they've done with him lately is throw him in a couple of games to mock his appearance. That's the most we'll see Capcom do with him.

If we do end up seeing a real Megaman game, it would probably be because Capcom just wants to screw Keiji over and prevent him from gaining success.

I'd rather see this new concept win over. It's only right for Keiji to take back the spotlight he had from creating Megaman in the first place.

I guess it's just a matter of me getting used to the new guy. 8'P

Posted Image

^0w0^

Posted Image

Spin
Spin

Absolute Zero

• Ness
  • 7,456 Posts

Posted 31 August 2013 - 11:11 PM

I'm pretty sure there is enough people to generate 2.5 million funds. That would definitely prove that Mega Man is worth investing in. If anything maybe Capcom will learn that the world wants a Mega Man game.

I love the character's names though. Beck and Call. XD

hA0AZYy.png

Bounty
Bounty

The end is nigh

• Armos Knight
  • 3,110 Posts

Posted 31 August 2013 - 11:28 PM

I'm all for this! Megaman finally "revived" -- into a new character! Now what could make this even better was if after this first game gets released and is really popular was if they made a Battle Network/Star Force spinoff of the series, those games were awesome!

2rcwyzs.png

Top Bunk
Top Bunk

Top Bunk

• Administrator
  • 15,548 Posts

Posted 31 August 2013 - 11:44 PM

I also just want to comment on this. I almost forgot to.

He's not really asking for much at all. In fact, that's a low amount of money for all the stuff they have to do. I'd explain the reasoning myself, but the Q&A does it better.

bZCTZfr.png

Spoiler

Spin
Spin

Absolute Zero

• Ness
  • 7,456 Posts

Posted 31 August 2013 - 11:55 PM

I also just want to comment on this. I almost forgot to.

He's not really asking for much at all. In fact, that's a low amount of money for all the stuff they have to do. I'd explain the reasoning myself, but the Q&A does it better.

I'm saying it's quite expensive for a Kickstarter, nevermind the reason's why. 

hA0AZYy.png

Top Bunk
Top Bunk

Top Bunk

• Administrator
  • 15,548 Posts

Posted 01 September 2013 - 12:12 AM

I'm saying it's quite expensive for a Kickstarter, nevermind the reason's why. 

There's no such thing as something being too expensive for Kickstarter. If the fans want it, they will throw their money at it. Like the Homestuck Kickstarter game had a goal of only 700k. But ended up with almost 2.5mil.

bZCTZfr.png

Spoiler

Bounty
Bounty

The end is nigh

• Armos Knight
  • 3,110 Posts

Posted 01 September 2013 - 12:25 AM

... So depending on how much money you donate, this is what you get, right? I gave $100 to it. I'M GOING TO BE IN THE CREDITS!! (Considering we're already a third of the way there in the first day)

22630ff9e65afe4fcfe0069f5b782d7e_large.j

Edited by Nullvoid, 01 September 2013 - 12:53 AM.

2rcwyzs.png

Top Bunk
Top Bunk

Top Bunk

• Administrator
  • 15,548 Posts

Posted 01 September 2013 - 02:27 AM

They already reached 1/3 of the goal, and this is only the first day it's been up. At this rate, they should have it fully funded within a couple more days. I'm gonna estimate that they'll reach at least 2mil before it's over.

I want to pledge towards it myself, but I don't have a debit/credit card still. Maybe now that I've made a couple of phone bill payments and got some credit under my name, they'll give me one. But we'll see.

bZCTZfr.png

Spoiler

JMarz
JMarz

Rhyme's Love

• Armos Knight
  • 3,249 Posts

Posted 01 September 2013 - 11:04 AM

I'll add money to this as soon as I can. I'll add 60 to this.

JessSig_zps4aa17d34.png

Bounty
Bounty

The end is nigh

• Armos Knight
  • 3,110 Posts

Posted 01 September 2013 - 07:59 PM

They already reached 1/3 of the goal, and this is only the first day it's been up. At this rate, they should have it fully funded within a couple more days. I'm gonna estimate that they'll reach at least 2mil before it's over.

I want to pledge towards it myself, but I don't have a debit/credit card still. Maybe now that I've made a couple of phone bill payments and got some credit under my name, they'll give me one. But we'll see.

Why don't you just go to the bank and open up a checking account with a debit card linked to it like I do (unless you already have one, then your bank should have already given you one when you opened it up)? And I wonder what the special transformation will be then? Hmm.

Edited by Nullvoid, 01 September 2013 - 07:59 PM.

2rcwyzs.png

Top Bunk
Top Bunk

Top Bunk

• Administrator
  • 15,548 Posts

Posted 01 September 2013 - 08:09 PM

Why don't you just go to the bank and open up a checking account with a debit card linked to it like I do (unless you already have one, then your bank should have already given you one when you opened it up)? And I wonder what the special transformation will be then? Hmm.

I already explained this whole thing before. :v

My bank won't give me a credit or debit card without credit under my name. I already asked them about it 3 times and they wouldn't give me one. The only card they gave me when opening my account originally was an ATM card, which can only be used for ATMs, obviously. We talked about all this back during the earlier planning of the Chicago trip and all. :v

Although now that I have a phone bill to pay every month where I can get credit under my name, my bank should hopefully give me a card. Assuming the two payments I've made will be enough credit. I have no idea how to check how much I need and how much I have.

bZCTZfr.png

Spoiler

JMarz
JMarz

Rhyme's Love

• Armos Knight
  • 3,249 Posts

Posted 01 September 2013 - 10:34 PM

And now it's over $726,000

The Power of Megaman fans.

**** you Capcom, it's time for you to roll over and just die. This is what you get for defacing your well beloved character and not putting him in any games. You cancelled about 4 games, You failed to put him in Marvel vs Capcom 3 and then teased us by having a picture of him in Ultimate, then you had a fatman dress up and pretend he is Megaman in SFXT, also you were so lazy that you had took a fanmade game and call it a new Megaman game. The only thing you have done was let Nintendo use him in the new Smash Brothers game. Capcom for once do the right thing either give Inafune, his son, Megaman, back to him or give him to Nintendo so Inafune can work with them. Face it you have failed.

JessSig_zps4aa17d34.png

Bounty
Bounty

The end is nigh

• Armos Knight
  • 3,110 Posts

Posted 01 September 2013 - 11:59 PM

I already explained this whole thing before. :v

My bank won't give me a credit or debit card without credit under my name. I already asked them about it 3 times and they wouldn't give me one. The only card they gave me when opening my account originally was an ATM card, which can only be used for ATMs, obviously. We talked about all this back during the earlier planning of the Chicago trip and all. :v

Although now that I have a phone bill to pay every month where I can get credit under my name, my bank should hopefully give me a card. Assuming the two payments I've made will be enough credit. I have no idea how to check how much I need and how much I have.

Well that's pretty ridiculous that they won't give you a debit card since you honestly don't need credit to have a debit card... Then again, I have a free student checking account with my bank. I guess it varies from bank to bank. Either that, or see if you can switch banks maybe?

2rcwyzs.png