Photo

The Spiritual Successor to Megaman will arrive!!!

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
73 replies to this topic

Top Bunk
Top Bunk

Top Bunk

• Administrator
  • 15,537 Posts

Posted 02 September 2013 - 12:49 AM

Well that's pretty ridiculous that they won't give you a debit card since you honestly don't need credit to have a debit card... Then again, I have a free student checking account with my bank. I guess it varies from bank to bank. Either that, or see if you can switch banks maybe?

I've looked at other banks already, and I've come to the conclusion that all other banks suck. I'd rather not get screwed into having fees after fees for either using too much or too little money, needing to constantly put money in or take it out at certain intervals with how much I can do at a time or needing to keep a certain amount in and whatnot. My current bank doesn't do any of that bullshit. All the money that's in my account is all mine with no fees for anything I want to use it for or how I want to use it. I'd rather put up with the needing credit for debit bullshit rather than putting up with all the other bullshit. Since at least once I can get enough credit, it fixes that one bad issue with it and it suddenly would become a perfect bank.

bZCTZfr.png

Spoiler

Bounty
Bounty

The end is nigh

• Armos Knight
  • 3,110 Posts

Posted 02 September 2013 - 01:06 AM

I've looked at other banks already, and I've come to the conclusion that all other banks suck. I'd rather not get screwed into having fees after fees for either using too much or too little money, needing to constantly put money in or take it out at certain intervals with how much I can do at a time or needing to keep a certain amount in and whatnot. My current bank doesn't do any of that bullshit. All the money that's in my account is all mine with no fees for anything I want to use it for or how I want to use it. I'd rather put up with the needing credit for debit bullshit rather than putting up with all the other bullshit. Since at least once I can get enough credit, it fixes that one bad issue with it and it suddenly would become a perfect bank.

Same with mine, I don't need to pay for my account or anything, as long as I don't go over $-5, I don't have to pay anything! Plus I have my savings account included, and as long as I have $100 or more in that account, I don't pay anything for that either, otherwise it's just a measly $4 to keep it open. Besides that, there aren't any strings attached and it's completely 100% FDIC-insured, so fraud isn't really an option.

Anyway, back on topic, do you think this will eventually replace Mega Man altogether if it launches?

2rcwyzs.png

Top Bunk
Top Bunk

Top Bunk

• Administrator
  • 15,537 Posts

Posted 02 September 2013 - 01:39 AM

Same with mine, I don't need to pay for my account or anything, as long as I don't go over $-5, I don't have to pay anything! Plus I have my savings account included, and as long as I have $100 or more in that account, I don't pay anything for that either, otherwise it's just a measly $4 to keep it open. Besides that, there aren't any strings attached and it's completely 100% FDIC-insured, so fraud isn't really an option.

Anyway, back on topic, do you think this will eventually replace Mega Man altogether if it launches?

I never saw a point in a savings account. What's so hard about saving money manually with just a single account? I like to have access to all of my money for when I need it. I budget my money well on my own without having to put it into a separate account that I can't even touch all of the money in. It just restricts you from what's rightfully yours.

And I don't even need to pay anything to keep my account open. I can go for like a year without touching my bank at all and still have it active with everything there. Needing absolutely nothing to keep it up is better than needing $4.

As per the actual on topic question. It all depends. If Capcom doesn't step up to do anything Megaman related that fans want, then the spotlight all goes to Mighty No. 9. Megaman fans are tired of being disappointed time and time again by Capcom. The fans need someone else capable of taking over the genre, someone who can bring back what we loved the most from the series in a new and fresh way. Keiji Inafune is the man for the job. And Mighty No. 9 is the game to do it with.

bZCTZfr.png

Spoiler

Bounty
Bounty

The end is nigh

• Armos Knight
  • 3,110 Posts

Posted 02 September 2013 - 02:56 AM

I never saw a point in a savings account. What's so hard about saving money manually with just a single account? I like to have access to all of my money for when I need it. I budget my money well on my own without having to put it into a separate account that I can't even touch all of the money in. It just restricts you from what's rightfully yours.

And I don't even need to pay anything to keep my account open. I can go for like a year without touching my bank at all and still have it active with everything there. Needing absolutely nothing to keep it up is better than needing $4.

As per the actual on topic question. It all depends. If Capcom doesn't step up to do anything Megaman related that fans want, then the spotlight all goes to Mighty No. 9. Megaman fans are tired of being disappointed time and time again by Capcom. The fans need someone else capable of taking over the genre, someone who can bring back what we loved the most from the series in a new and fresh way. Keiji Inafune is the man for the job. And Mighty No. 9 is the game to do it with.

Makes sense, they might as well do it. And the reason for having a savings account is to help manage your money easier, and some banks (like mine) will give compound interest on your money, so your savings will grow over time without you even touching it.

2rcwyzs.png

JMarz
JMarz

Rhyme's Love

• Armos Knight
  • 3,249 Posts

Posted 02 September 2013 - 09:41 AM

People it's almost done!!!!!

It's over $884,000!!!!!

JessSig_zps4aa17d34.png

Top Bunk
Top Bunk

Top Bunk

• Administrator
  • 15,537 Posts

Posted 02 September 2013 - 09:46 AM

And within 4 minutes has gained another $2,000. :v

EDIT: It has now reached the goal.

Edited by Slasher, 02 September 2013 - 10:22 AM.

bZCTZfr.png

Spoiler

Bounty
Bounty

The end is nigh

• Armos Knight
  • 3,110 Posts

Posted 02 September 2013 - 08:00 PM

... And now, we are at exactly $1,111,111 that I saw. I expect it to be in the 8 figures by the time the deadline comes up.

2rcwyzs.png

Sanji07
Sanji07

Nya

• Kirby
  • 10,723 Posts

Posted 02 September 2013 - 08:21 PM

Already? This kickstarter could go into the billions. O_o

Posted Image

^0w0^

Posted Image

Bounty
Bounty

The end is nigh

• Armos Knight
  • 3,110 Posts

Posted 02 September 2013 - 08:22 PM

Already? This kickstarter could go into the billions. O_o

That's how much people want a Mega Man reboot; which is amazing considering how most people think change is hard.

2rcwyzs.png

Sanji07
Sanji07

Nya

• Kirby
  • 10,723 Posts

Posted 02 September 2013 - 08:30 PM

That's how much people want a Mega Man reboot; which is amazing considering how most people think change is hard.

Well this is pretty much Mega Man in a new skin. Either that or people are pretty desperate for another platformer that's not Mario. 8P

Megaman's considered a platformer right? Or is he just action....

Edited by Sanji07, 02 September 2013 - 08:30 PM.

Posted Image

^0w0^

Posted Image

Spin
Spin

Absolute Zero

• Ness
  • 7,455 Posts

Posted 02 September 2013 - 08:52 PM

Well this is pretty much Mega Man in a new skin. Either that or people are pretty desperate for another platformer that's not Mario. 8P

Depends on what Mega Man game you pick.

hA0AZYy.png

Sanji07
Sanji07

Nya

• Kirby
  • 10,723 Posts

Posted 02 September 2013 - 08:57 PM

Depends on what Mega Man game you pick.

The original 8-bit ones.

Posted Image

^0w0^

Posted Image

Bounty
Bounty

The end is nigh

• Armos Knight
  • 3,110 Posts

Posted 02 September 2013 - 09:07 PM

So it seems like you've accepted this now as a Mega Man replacement, that was quick! To quote from earlier:

So this is basically a new Mega Man? I'm on the fence about this.

There's even characters that look like Roll and the heroine for Mega Man Legends 3. O.o

2rcwyzs.png

Sanji07
Sanji07

Nya

• Kirby
  • 10,723 Posts

Posted 02 September 2013 - 09:13 PM

So it seems like you've accepted this now as a Mega Man replacement, that was quick! To quote from earlier:

I've always been leaning towards the positive, but I'll never forget the original. <8'3

Posted Image

^0w0^

Posted Image

Bounty
Bounty

The end is nigh

• Armos Knight
  • 3,110 Posts

Posted 02 September 2013 - 09:36 PM

I've always been leaning towards the positive, but I'll never forget the original. <8'3

Exactly. Forgive (as in move on in this case), but never forget. Do not forsake and forget!

2rcwyzs.png

Sanji07
Sanji07

Nya

• Kirby
  • 10,723 Posts

Posted 02 September 2013 - 09:42 PM

Exactly. Forgive (as in move on in this case), but never forget. Do not forsake and forget!

That's right! He'll live on in our hearts! ;_;

Posted Image

^0w0^

Posted Image

Zae
Zae
  • Monty Mole
  • 393 Posts

Posted 02 September 2013 - 10:31 PM

The original 8-bit ones.

well the original classic series is more platformer-ish. I mean i guess the whole shooting aspect can count as action but for the most part its platforming being done.

I think like x and mmz are more action-ish.

I actually need to go back and play the originals but im really bad at platformers so not sure on that.

lots of ish apparently

pew pew

JMarz
JMarz

Rhyme's Love

• Armos Knight
  • 3,249 Posts

Posted 02 September 2013 - 10:51 PM

And the trolling on Capcom has begone!!!

http://www.capcom-un...-capcom-archive

JessSig_zps4aa17d34.png

Bounty
Bounty

The end is nigh

• Armos Knight
  • 3,110 Posts

Posted 03 September 2013 - 02:24 PM

So they met their goal already, look at these stretch goals:

110a6de5dda104da34261e4bbd4d89b8_large.j

Do you think they can make it all the way to $2,500,000? I think they could do it by next week.

2rcwyzs.png

Zae
Zae
  • Monty Mole
  • 393 Posts

Posted 03 September 2013 - 05:14 PM

So they met their goal already, look at these stretch goals:
110a6de5dda104da34261e4bbd4d89b8_large.j
Do you think they can make it all the way to $2,500,000? I think they could do it by next week.

kinda messed up the image there, buddy.

I saw it earlier though and i think its possible.

Although i also hope the actual game is good, its pretty hard for me to get hyped for many things anymore.

pew pew