Photo

Phoenix Wright: Dual Destinies

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
99 replies to this topic

Hugh
Hugh

A Mann's Man

• 6,935 Posts

Posted 16 September 2013 - 08:00 PM

The first installation of the Ace Attorney series for the 3DS has been released in Japan and supposedly will be released over the eshop in North America and Europe this fall! Thoughts? Predictions? When will it release?

I gotta admit that I've been listening to the soundtrack, but that is the only thing I'm spoiling myself on. And not case-specific soundtracks either, just the courtroom soundtracks.

The old thread was archived so I posted this one because it's just easier this way.

Sanji07
Sanji07

Nya

• Kirby
  • 10,771 Posts

Posted 16 September 2013 - 08:03 PM

Wait...they're re-releasing the first game?

Posted Image

^0w0^

Posted Image

Hugh
Hugh

A Mann's Man

• 6,935 Posts

Posted 16 September 2013 - 08:19 PM

Nope, what I meant by that sentence was that DD will be this first of (likely) a few AA games for the 3DS!

Sanji07
Sanji07

Nya

• Kirby
  • 10,771 Posts

Posted 16 September 2013 - 08:33 PM

Oh...derp. 8'D

I can't wait for this to come out. The only thing that concerns me is the M-rating...I'm hoping that the ESRB is just getting stricter.

Posted Image

^0w0^

Posted Image

Hugh
Hugh

A Mann's Man

• 6,935 Posts

Posted 16 September 2013 - 08:38 PM

I honestly don't think the M-rating is anything to worry about. It's PW, they won't be showing nudity, the worst that will happen is the odd curse and probably mostly for the blood.

Nathan
Nathan

Coffee Enthusiast

• Zelda
  • 5,262 Posts

Posted 16 September 2013 - 09:07 PM

kinda glad about the m rating. the pw games can only get cooler with (what i'm hoping) what will be a darker, more adult setting.

Posted Image

Top Bunk
Top Bunk

Top Bunk

• Administrator
  • 15,543 Posts

Posted 16 September 2013 - 09:11 PM

I'm still curious as to what's in it that gives it an M rating. I can't really imagine anything more being done than what they've done in past AA games. Perhaps the crime scene being in somewhat better detail pushes it from T to M? idk.

bZCTZfr.png

Spoiler

Sanji07
Sanji07

Nya

• Kirby
  • 10,771 Posts

Posted 16 September 2013 - 09:12 PM

I'm still curious as to what's in it that gives it an M rating. I can't really imagine anything more being done than what they've done in past AA games. Perhaps the crime scene being in somewhat better detail pushes it from T to M? idk.

I'm hoping that this will be the case.

Posted Image

^0w0^

Posted Image

PhantomL
PhantomL
  • Bob-omb
  • 91 Posts

Posted 17 September 2013 - 03:29 AM

I'm looking forward to it.

It has all three of my favorite characters in the game :3.

Plus I think this game might change my opinion of Apollo from what I have seen.

Plus Simon looks like he will be an interesting character...

020410f3-1211-4a92-a786-2ef9ed3a8861_zps

Nathan
Nathan

Coffee Enthusiast

• Zelda
  • 5,262 Posts

Posted 17 September 2013 - 01:16 PM

i imagine this and a dialogue with stronger language. i imagine sexual content would be a thing too but i don't imagine nudity in it

Posted Image

Sanji07
Sanji07

Nya

• Kirby
  • 10,771 Posts

Posted 17 September 2013 - 03:21 PM

I'm looking forward to it.

It has all three of my favorite characters in the game :3.

Plus I think this game might change my opinion of Apollo from what I have seen.

Plus Simon looks like he will be an interesting character...

EDGEWORTH HAS GLASSES <33333

Posted Image

^0w0^

Posted Image

Spin
Spin

Absolute Zero

• Ness
  • 7,455 Posts

Posted 17 September 2013 - 03:27 PM

Possibly the M rating is because the crime scenes will have more darker plots. Like a serial killer that cuts up the body into several pieces or something.

I prefer that they don't try to be more 'adult.' Because adult to the popular media means sex...and that's not as fun as it sounds. A darker, more detailed crime scene I'm fine with though.

Also, I just caught wind they the release date is October 24th!

Edited by Spin, 17 September 2013 - 03:30 PM.

hA0AZYy.png

PhantomL
PhantomL
  • Bob-omb
  • 91 Posts

Posted 17 September 2013 - 03:52 PM

That isn't to far away.
I would have been mad and spoiled myself if it was December

020410f3-1211-4a92-a786-2ef9ed3a8861_zps

Hugh
Hugh

A Mann's Man

• 6,935 Posts

Posted 17 September 2013 - 08:08 PM

Maybe the M rating is because of stuff like terrorism? Like the first case. (Which isn't a spoiler because it's in the dang trailer)

I'm fine with Oct. 24, that's just after midterms for me I believe so I should be golden.

Yesterday a fan translation of AAI2 was released for the first two cases. Since it won't be ported to America for a long while (if ever) I have no qualms about using a ROM for it. Because I would buy it if it were available or would be available soon. So far it's decent, I'm liking case 2 so far. Case 1 was kinda blah but that's what usually happens.

Hugh
Hugh

A Mann's Man

• 6,935 Posts

Posted 01 October 2013 - 07:50 PM

Apparently a demo was released that you can download on the 3DS! I'm not sure if I want to play it though... 23 more days!

Sanji07
Sanji07

Nya

• Kirby
  • 10,771 Posts

Posted 01 October 2013 - 08:02 PM

Apparently a demo was released that you can download on the 3DS! I'm not sure if I want to play it though... 23 more days!

Oh sweet I'll have to check it out! :la:

Posted Image

^0w0^

Posted Image

Hugh
Hugh

A Mann's Man

• 6,935 Posts

Posted 02 October 2013 - 12:18 AM

I think I'll hold off for now. I'm getting my AA fix through a youtube translation of AAI2. It's almost done and that game is SO GOOD omg!

Sanji07
Sanji07

Nya

• Kirby
  • 10,771 Posts

Posted 02 October 2013 - 12:22 AM

I'm going to hold off on buying the actual game until I get caught up with the other games (still need to get another copy of Justice for All...).

Posted Image

^0w0^

Posted Image

Hugh
Hugh

A Mann's Man

• 6,935 Posts

Posted 04 October 2013 - 09:35 AM

Has anyone downloaded the demo yet?

Hugh
Hugh

A Mann's Man

• 6,935 Posts

Posted 05 October 2013 - 12:05 PM

Okay well I tried out the demo. I'm not sure how big a fan I am of the anime cutscenes, I don't really like anime but I'm sure they'll grow on me. The 3D characters took a little bit to get used to, the animations are much smoother than they were before. The 3D effect is nice, it's not crazy but it does add some subtle effects. Music is top notch, as always.

I think this is going to be a great game, there are so many subtle changes that add a lot to how the story plays out. I think the mood matrix will be a wonderful addition. 19 more days!