Photo

NES Remix

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
10 replies to this topic

Spin
Spin

Absolute Zero

• Ness
  • 7,456 Posts

Posted 18 December 2013 - 04:01 PM

Now this looks like fun. Reminds me of WarioWare.

hA0AZYy.png

NintendoQueen
NintendoQueen

Haaaave You Met Ted?

• Space Pirate
  • 2,482 Posts

Posted 18 December 2013 - 05:53 PM

Oh boy, this does look like A LOT of fun!

Now I wish I had a Wii U...

:)

Shulk
Shulk
  • Mario
  • 24,960 Posts

Posted 18 December 2013 - 06:16 PM

What that has Link in the DK game! :O

Ween
Ween
  • Rattata
  • 136 Posts

Posted 19 December 2013 - 03:35 AM

Those Mario challenges looked pretty fun.
Reverse levels and disappearing platforms and all. 

Spoiler

EZLO21
EZLO21

Owner of Zelda 101

• Thwomp
  • 651 Posts

Posted 19 December 2013 - 04:56 PM

I am not sure of this game's value yet. I will wait and see how this game turns out before I give it a chance.

Posted Image

Shulk
Shulk
  • Mario
  • 24,960 Posts

Posted 19 December 2013 - 05:34 PM

I doubt I'd ever play it let alone get it because I don't really care for playing games for a challenge.

EZLO21
EZLO21

Owner of Zelda 101

• Thwomp
  • 651 Posts

Posted 19 December 2013 - 06:31 PM

I doubt I'd ever play it let alone get it because I don't really care for playing games for a challenge.

Yeah, but with possible DLC it might change even my mind. But they have some majorly bad game choices on there too. Baseball is one of those bad choices. Super Mario Bros. 2 or 3 or Super Mario Bros. 2 and 3 on there together would have been cooler. Another bad game choice was Urban Champion they could have added Adventure of Link in replace of that game. the rest could be a tossup.

Golf maybe acceptable
DK 3 maybe acceptable, but most likely hated too.
Baseball, I would have preferred Nintendo World Cup or Duck Hunt to this game.
Pin Ball seriously who enjoys this as a remix? That is where Punch Out or Super Spike V-Ball remixed would have been better.
Next Ice Climber is questionable. I would have added in Batman if I were able to get the ok from whoever owns the Batman line of games now.

You get my point by now tho.
Posted Image

Joshua
Joshua

The Watcher

• Bulborb
  • 846 Posts

Posted 24 December 2013 - 12:24 AM

I purchased NES Remix about a day after they announced it, and I love it! I do hope they add DLC - I'd be willing to drop a few dollars for a second set of games; maybe Metroid, Kid Icarus, Zelda 2, Mario 2, Mario 3.

It's worth noting that some of the games currently in the game don't actually have entire sections - like Urban Champion. I have almost unlocked every stage, and I encountered one Urban Champion bonus stage. Baseball and Donkey Kong 3 are just bonus stages as well (which makes me sad, because Donkey Kong 3 is one of my favorites). 

I actually found myself enjoying some of these games that I normally dislike - like Ice Climber. The smaller sets of challenges make the games more enjoyable than trying to play the real thing - but jumping is still frustrating in Ice Climber. I've also had a lot of fun with the Miiverse stamps (see my signature :P). 

NES Remix is a great game; I'm looking forward to playing it with my brothers over Christmas. 

261excw.gif nl74m9.gif vo0jnk.png

Spin
Spin

Absolute Zero

• Ness
  • 7,456 Posts

Posted 24 December 2013 - 02:26 AM

I wish they would've included the full game of each one in the bundle, but I'm sure that would be outrageous. Maybe a discount for VC versions of each game? O:

hA0AZYy.png

Joshua
Joshua

The Watcher

• Bulborb
  • 846 Posts

Posted 24 December 2013 - 08:33 AM

I wish they would've included the full game of each one in the bundle, but I'm sure that would be outrageous. Maybe a discount for VC versions of each game? O:

It's only outrageous because Nintendo over charges for most of these games. There's no way most of these games are actually worth $5 each.

It would have been cool to see the full games unlockable if you completed all of the challenges (for a particularly game) with a perfect score (that is "3 rainbow stars"). It's hard enough to do that not everyone would unlock the games, but still an incentive to buy and play the game.

261excw.gif nl74m9.gif vo0jnk.png

128-Up
128-Up

Mario Trivia Master!

• Stalfos
  • 2,948 Posts

Posted 28 December 2013 - 12:40 PM

It's worth noting that some of the games currently in the game don't actually have entire sections - like Urban Champion. I have almost unlocked every stage, and I encountered one Urban Champion bonus stage. Baseball and Donkey Kong 3 are just bonus stages as well (which makes me sad, because Donkey Kong 3 is one of my favorites).

These are probably because there's not much you can really do with those games.

I think this game is a nice way to introduce people to NES titles. I have things like Zelda 1 and Ice Climber on my 3DS (Ambassador things) and had no idea how to do anything with them. I do now. X3

...You were expecting something witty here? Lolz no.

A level from the game I'm designing!