Photo

Minecraft for Wii U

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
11 replies to this topic

Grooms
Grooms

King of Contests

• Hammer Bro
  • 1,999 Posts

Posted 03 January 2014 - 02:56 AM

There was a rumor in early December that Minecraft was going to be developed for Wii U. That rumor was later discredited with Notch saying that he was not aware of any such plans.

Despite rumors being true or not, what are your thoughts? Would Minecraft do well on the Wii U? Would you purchase it if it was developed?

Edited by Grooms, 03 January 2014 - 02:56 AM.

majorasmask.jpg

Santatoes
Santatoes
  • Rattata
  • 145 Posts

Posted 03 January 2014 - 04:46 AM

The gamepad would make a wonderful crafting grid. I'd probably buy it if they gave it online multiplayer. Nintendo taking focus off of it really makes me realize how much I don't like not being able to play with my friends online.

Posted Image

Top Bunk
Top Bunk

Top Bunk

• Administrator
  • 15,541 Posts

Posted 03 January 2014 - 09:28 AM

I think it would work much better on the Wii U than it does on the 360/PS3. Though nothing really beats the PC version either way.

bZCTZfr.png

Spoiler

Grooms
Grooms

King of Contests

• Hammer Bro
  • 1,999 Posts

Posted 03 January 2014 - 12:08 PM

The gamepad would make a wonderful crafting grid. I'd probably buy it if they gave it online multiplayer. Nintendo taking focus off of it really makes me realize how much I don't like not being able to play with my friends online.

That's the one thing that would concern me if it was released for Wii U. Nintendo seems to never want games to have online multiplayer, but with Minecraft it's almost necessary. I never play single player Minecraft anymore because it's just not as fun as playing with friends. And since the Wii U only allows one Gamepad, that would mean any friends playing in the room wouldn't be able to craft things on a separate screen.

Nintendo should really consider making games where multiplayer can be played with multiple Gamepads.

majorasmask.jpg

Santatoes
Santatoes
  • Rattata
  • 145 Posts

Posted 03 January 2014 - 12:45 PM

I dunno, local multiplayer minecraft would be kind of awkward to me. Splitscreen just wouldn't do it for me.

Posted Image

Spin
Spin

Absolute Zero

• Ness
  • 7,455 Posts

Posted 03 January 2014 - 01:20 PM

I see no point in buying minecraft for the console when the PC version is superior to it in every way. It's hard to go back.

hA0AZYy.png

Grooms
Grooms

King of Contests

• Hammer Bro
  • 1,999 Posts

Posted 03 January 2014 - 02:02 PM

I see no point in buying minecraft for the console when the PC version is superior to it in every way. It's hard to go back.

The PC version is definitely the best, but if I had enough friends who wanted to play it for Wii U, I would buy it.

Personally, I find it easier to host games on the console versions than trying to set up a server for PC. However, at least with servers, as long as it's running then anyone can play at anytime.

Also, playing on a bigger screen and not listening to my laptop overheat would be nice :) And I think the touch screen would be perfect for crafting/inventory (using the stylus to move blocks where you want them).

majorasmask.jpg

Top Bunk
Top Bunk

Top Bunk

• Administrator
  • 15,541 Posts

Posted 03 January 2014 - 02:14 PM

I think what would really help console Minecraft is having cross compatibility with PC players. That, and keeping the games updated on the console versions whenever the PC version updates.

bZCTZfr.png

Spoiler

Grooms
Grooms

King of Contests

• Hammer Bro
  • 1,999 Posts

Posted 07 January 2014 - 09:45 PM

I think what would really help console Minecraft is having cross compatibility with PC players. That, and keeping the games updated on the console versions whenever the PC version updates.

I completely agree with you; cross-console compatibility needs to be more of a thing. I think that chess game was the first one to do it, right? And I mean, if a game with multiplayer is going to be released on every console, the different companies might as well work together to make it cross compatible; that would totally increase sales of the game.

And yes, updates for every version would be nice. I've been considering buying Minecraft for 360 just so I can play with one of my friends that has it for 360, but I keep thinking about all the things it will be missing :/

majorasmask.jpg

Spin
Spin

Absolute Zero

• Ness
  • 7,455 Posts

Posted 08 January 2014 - 11:21 PM

Portal 2 had cross-play. And a lot of Vita/Ps3 games have cross-play. I hope it becomes more possible in the future.

The issue is that all consoles operate off of different code. So it's hard for them to communicate.

hA0AZYy.png

RickSwee
RickSwee
  • Goomba
  • 5 Posts

Posted 17 July 2014 - 01:48 AM

I'm looking forward to the Vita version. A 3DS version would be nice too, although it's not clear how much they'd lose in draw distance, it could be a significant problem.

Wii U on the other hand, should've already happened. It seems like it's all down to whether Notch decides to put the energy in. I've heard him say both positive and negative things about Nintendo before, so it's not entirely clear where he stands.

Beauseant
Beauseant

And still I am Lady Death, always dressed extravagantly.

• Bulborb
  • 918 Posts

Posted 20 July 2014 - 01:54 PM

Would be cool if it happened, would be cool if crafting was on the gamepad and all that shit

Oh yea, they could also make it look like this or at least make it optional: 

minecraft-shaders-landscapeminecraft-wat

D5cpUXc.png

BlPltJD.png