Photo

Announcing: Awards!

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
60 replies to this topic

MageLeif
MageLeif

Tidal Trickster

• Administrator
  • 10,668 Posts

Posted 06 January 2014 - 08:21 PM

I'd like to announce that the awards system is now finally live! Though you could also call them badges I guess idk

You can see the different kinds of awards by clicking on the Awards tab on the navigation bar.

Regarding the donation awards
I have a log of everyone that has donated (and how much) to the Nintendo Pipeline. However, this only goes back to the Parked Domain Crisis of 2011. If you donated before that, I apologize but I have no record of it. Donations go to the costs of running the Nintendo Pipeline (web-hosting costs and the IPB license are two examples) which in turn temporarily lightens the amount I need pay.

Regarding friend referrer awards
I don't have a log of this but if you did refer any friends to the Nintendo Pipeline, you can send me a private message on who you referred. There is an activity requirement that the referred to have at least one-hundred posts and be active for at least a month before they are counted as eligible towards the award. The reason for this is so that people don't just invite their friends who make a few posts and then never return.

Regarding awards of Mafia Game Hoster, Mafia Game Participator, and Game Night Participator
Users will have to earn them from the ground-up starting today. For example, even if you have participated in several mafia games previously, it will be like you have participated in zero mafia games for award-purposes. The reason for this is because there's no possible way to accurately gauge the quantity of whichever of the remaining awards, and it would be unfair to "guess".

All earned awards are shown in the awards tab in your profile, but only the three most recent awards are shown under your avatar in the posts you make. If there's ever a point where you have over three awards and you would like to change which awards are displayed under your avatar in posts, feel free to send me a private message so that I can "shuffle" your awards to change which ones are displayed.

We're also open to ideas for awards as well, so feel free to suggest away if you have any good ones.

Also any questions, comments, praises, death threats, and so on would be appreciated because feedback is important.

gbwyoshi
gbwyoshi
  • Blooper
  • 1,304 Posts

Posted 06 January 2014 - 09:53 PM

What about those who donated after the parked domain and can prove it?

Top Bunk
Top Bunk

Top Bunk

• Administrator
  • 15,543 Posts

Posted 06 January 2014 - 10:00 PM

That's already been mentioned. Mage has a log of all those who paid since that crisis and after it. You already have the award yourself, after all.

bZCTZfr.png

Spoiler

Shoe
Shoe

I didn't do it

• Bulborb
  • 845 Posts

Posted 06 January 2014 - 10:18 PM

Also any questions, comments, praises, death threats, and so on would be appreciated because feedback is important.

Mage, I am disappoint with this system. I am gonna have to take care of you if you don't improve it. Otherwise, don't trust your mail, there just might be a special package meant to refurbish your entire house.

Jk, Shoe approves... Shoe better be able to approve, or else

Joshua
Joshua

The Watcher

• Bulborb
  • 846 Posts

Posted 06 January 2014 - 10:37 PM

I do not approve of the Game Night Participator awards as they are. They are backwards. 

The NES is clearly the most superior of the three consoles represented in the icons and should be the award for participating the most; not the least.

Also, there are six* Nintendo consoles. There should be six* ranks.  :meh:

* or seven if you want to include the Virtual Boy; FYI: I want to include the Virtual Boy.

As for award ideas...I'm really hoping this thread Rhyme made becomes popular: http://nintendopipel...ames-beat-2014/

If it does, it'd be neat to give out awards at the end of 2014.

261excw.gif nl74m9.gif vo0jnk.png

Sunkissii
Sunkissii

Space Unicorn

• Armos Knight
  • 3,406 Posts

Posted 06 January 2014 - 10:40 PM

I would think- Oh. First of all. That is awesome Mage.

And second, what about the people who made the most post? Shouldn't they get award?

Since they toke their time and such.

wU2Pke4.gifD2qlmWT.gif Always happy~

Shulk
Shulk
  • Mario
  • 24,960 Posts

Posted 06 January 2014 - 10:41 PM

That would actually be pretty cool if possible.

Top Bunk
Top Bunk

Top Bunk

• Administrator
  • 15,543 Posts

Posted 06 January 2014 - 10:59 PM

And second, what about the people who made the most post? Shouldn't they get award?

Having a high post count/the most posts is already a reward in itself in multiple ways. I personally think it would be rather silly to make an extra award for it. And this is coming from a high poster myself.

bZCTZfr.png

Spoiler

MageLeif
MageLeif

Tidal Trickster

• Administrator
  • 10,668 Posts

Posted 06 January 2014 - 11:05 PM

Do you mean before the Parked Domain Crisis? If so, then if you can prove it I would be fine with that, which most likely would be done by checking one's PayPal history. If you did mean after the Parked Domain Crisis, I'm almost certain that I got everyone that did donate, but it's possible that there may have been an oversight so if there was in fact an oversight then yes I would accept proof of donation as well.

That's already been mentioned. Mage has a log of all those who paid since that crisis and after it. You already have the award yourself, after all.

Oops I just hit Multiquote to every post in the thread so far so I didn't see Slasher explain this until just now. I'll just leave my above text stay though because I don't want to just delete stuff I wrote~

Mage, I am disappoint with this system. I am gonna have to take care of you if you don't improve it. Otherwise, don't trust your mail, there just might be a special package meant to refurbish your entire house.

Jk, Shoe approves... Shoe better be able to approve, or else

JOKES ON YOU I LIVE IN AN APARTMENT NOT A HOUSE :awesome:

I do not approve of the Game Night Participator awards as they are. They are backwards. 

The NES is clearly the most superior of the three consoles represented in the icons and should be the award for participating the most; not the least.

Also, there are six* Nintendo consoles. There should be six* ranks.  :meh:

* or seven if you want to include the Virtual Boy; FYI: I want to include the Virtual Boy.

As for award ideas...I'm really hoping this thread Rhyme made becomes popular: http://nintendopipel...ames-beat-2014/

If it does, it'd be neat to give out awards at the end of 2014.

I was afraid somebody might say something along these lines, because you do have a good point. Also, someone may favor one console over the other. For example, of the three icons that currently exist, I would prefer the Gamecube than the NES or Wii.

Also the reason why there are three instead of six/seven ranks was to keep things consistent (three different tiers per award type).

However, I'm all for coming to a conclusion on how to solve this little issue; extending past three tiers would be fine though seeing how there is another award type that will come in soon which will have four tiers as opposed to three.

The ranks themselves are a sort of reward for posting, like how once you get enough posts to hit the Mario rank, you also get an icon next to your name.

That would actually be pretty cool if possible.

I'll be sure to keep Joshua's idea in mind then.

Grooms
Grooms

King of Contests

• Hammer Bro
  • 1,999 Posts

Posted 06 January 2014 - 11:11 PM

BACK AND BETTER THAN EVER! Great jorb, Hamstray!

I think Decho should get a Most Sexy Butt Award.

majorasmask.jpg

MageLeif
MageLeif

Tidal Trickster

• Administrator
  • 10,668 Posts

Posted 06 January 2014 - 11:27 PM

I think Decho should get a Most Sexy Butt Award.

dat decho tho

77jiV8a.jpg

Hero
Hero

Munchy the Munchlax

• Retired Staff
  • 2,748 Posts

Posted 06 January 2014 - 11:34 PM

:dummy:

Posted Image

Sanji07
Sanji07

Nya

• Kirby
  • 10,771 Posts

Posted 06 January 2014 - 11:35 PM

THE HERO HATH POSTED!

Posted Image

^0w0^

Posted Image

MageLeif
MageLeif

Tidal Trickster

• Administrator
  • 10,668 Posts

Posted 06 January 2014 - 11:40 PM

YAY HERO HAS RETURNED EVEN IF BRIEFLY~ <3

AND WOW IT'S BEEN ABOUT 20-21 MONTHS

vwuF4im.jpg

Joshua
Joshua

The Watcher

• Bulborb
  • 846 Posts

Posted 06 January 2014 - 11:50 PM

I was afraid somebody might say something along these lines, because you do have a good point. Also, someone may favor one console over the other. For example, of the three icons that currently exist, I would prefer the Gamecube than the NES or Wii.

Also the reason why there are three instead of six/seven ranks was to keep things consistent (three different tiers per award type).

However, I'm all for coming to a conclusion on how to solve this little issue; extending past three tiers would be fine though seeing how there is another award type that will come in soon which will have four tiers as opposed to three.

...it was mostly sarcasm...except the part about the Virtual Boy and the NES being the superior console. (and my new idea of course, that's totes legit)

I vote we use the following tiers: Rank 1: Super NES, Rank 2: NES, Rank 3: Virtual Boy, Rank MageLeif: GameCube. There, now everyone is happy.  :happysmall:

261excw.gif nl74m9.gif vo0jnk.png

MageLeif
MageLeif

Tidal Trickster

• Administrator
  • 10,668 Posts

Posted 06 January 2014 - 11:55 PM

...it was mostly sarcasm...except the part about the Virtual Boy and the NES being the superior console. (and my new idea of course, that's totes legit)

I vote we use the following tiers: Rank 1: Super NES, Rank 2: NES, Rank 3: Virtual Boy, Rank MageLeif: GameCube. There, now everyone is happy.  :happysmall:

I do like Rank MageLeif :awesome:

Tai
Tai
  • lke
  • 9,365 Posts

Posted 07 January 2014 - 01:03 AM

FINALLY
star points when?

Posted Image

I AM AND I ARE ALL WE

MageLeif
MageLeif

Tidal Trickster

• Administrator
  • 10,668 Posts

Posted 07 January 2014 - 01:22 AM

FINALLY
star points when?

SORRY STAR POINTS DIED WITH MARIOTHEPIANOMAN :eager:

Spin
Spin

Absolute Zero

• Ness
  • 7,455 Posts

Posted 07 January 2014 - 03:12 AM

That's awesome Mage, thanks for getting it up. You too Slasher, if you helped. Maybe more people will attend gaming night now.

Youshouldtotallyaddmorerankstotherepsystemnowkthnxbai

hA0AZYy.png

Kea
Kea

memento mori

• Ness
  • 7,888 Posts

Posted 07 January 2014 - 04:07 AM

I can't believe you guys still remember that picture I posted of Decho's butt. I'm glad my photography skills are so memorable.

Posted Image