Photo

Announcing: Awards!

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
60 replies to this topic

Grooms
Grooms

King of Contests

• Hammer Bro
  • 1,999 Posts

Posted 07 January 2014 - 07:57 AM

thanks for getting it up.

:oop:

I'm sorry

majorasmask.jpg

Top Bunk
Top Bunk

Top Bunk

• Administrator
  • 15,543 Posts

Posted 07 January 2014 - 12:14 PM

That's awesome Mage, thanks for getting it up. You too Slasher, if you helped. Maybe more people will attend gaming night now.

Youshouldtotallyaddmorerankstotherepsystemnowkthnxbai

Of course I helped, no if about it. </3
I spruced up the I Voted badge to prevent an uglier version from being used. And gave feedback and input on the badges before letting them be released, which was taken and used. :v

I can't believe you guys still remember that picture I posted of Decho's butt. I'm glad my photography skills are so memorable.

Nobody could ever forget a butt like that. I'd like to change my vote for Sexiest to Decho's Butt

bZCTZfr.png

Spoiler

Hero
Hero

Munchy the Munchlax

• Retired Staff
  • 2,748 Posts

Posted 07 January 2014 - 12:16 PM

SORRY STAR POINTS DIED WITH MARIOTHEPIANOMAN :eager:

RIP IN PEACE Star Points, my baby.

Posted Image

MageLeif
MageLeif

Tidal Trickster

• Administrator
  • 10,668 Posts

Posted 07 January 2014 - 12:24 PM

RIP IN PEACE Star Points, my baby.

The Star Points have gone to a better place, up in the sky to live with the stars.

OKAY BAD JOKE SORRY

MageLeif
MageLeif

Tidal Trickster

• Administrator
  • 10,668 Posts

Posted 07 January 2014 - 03:04 PM

And gave feedback and input on the badges before letting them be released, which was taken and used. :v

Well you and Keatos, everyone else ignored us~ </3

Sunkissii
Sunkissii

Space Unicorn

• Armos Knight
  • 3,406 Posts

Posted 07 January 2014 - 06:56 PM

Well you and Keatos, everyone else ignored us~ </3

Hi Mage. I'm not ignoring you. <3

wU2Pke4.gifD2qlmWT.gif Always happy~

Tai
Tai
  • lke
  • 9,365 Posts

Posted 08 January 2014 - 04:34 PM

I can't believe you guys still remember that picture I posted of Decho's butt. I'm glad my photography skills are so memorable.

You should let me borrow your camera

Posted Image

I AM AND I ARE ALL WE

Grooms
Grooms

King of Contests

• Hammer Bro
  • 1,999 Posts

Posted 09 January 2014 - 10:26 AM

I have a (real) suggestion for an award, as seen on another Nintendo forum that does awards: award for starting lots of threads.

It encourages members to create new conversations. And to keep with the tiered theme:

Tier 1: Create 50 threads.

Tier 2: Create 150 threads.

Tier 3: Create 300 threads.

I dunno, something like that. And we can call it "Ice Breaker".

I will now accept all the Star Points.

majorasmask.jpg

Top Bunk
Top Bunk

Top Bunk

• Administrator
  • 15,543 Posts

Posted 09 January 2014 - 01:22 PM

I have a (real) suggestion for an award, as seen on another Nintendo forum that does awards: award for starting lots of threads.

It encourages members to create new conversations. And to keep with the tiered theme:

Tier 1: Create 50 threads.

Tier 2: Create 150 threads.

Tier 3: Create 300 threads.

I dunno, something like that. And we can call it "Ice Breaker".

I will now accept all the Star Points.

That is a nice idea, but some people have a hard time to even create 1 thread, let alone 50, especially 300. :v

But we could just lower the numbers to something more reasonable for this forum.

bZCTZfr.png

Spoiler

Spin
Spin

Absolute Zero

• Ness
  • 7,455 Posts

Posted 09 January 2014 - 02:22 PM

That is a nice idea, but some people have a hard time to even create 1 thread, let alone 50, especially 300. :v

But we could just lower the numbers to something more reasonable for this forum.

I think that's perfectly reasonable. It's an award that should be hard to reach. And some members here have reached it quite easily.

hA0AZYy.png

Top Bunk
Top Bunk

Top Bunk

• Administrator
  • 15,543 Posts

Posted 09 January 2014 - 03:07 PM

I think that's perfectly reasonable. It's an award that should be hard to reach. And some members here have reached it quite easily.

I suppose it depends on if we're counting past threads are starting new with it.

But even if we count old threads, there's so many to look back on and count manually for each member. And out of the 6 years I've been here, I've only made 38 topics. :v

bZCTZfr.png

Spoiler

Spin
Spin

Absolute Zero

• Ness
  • 7,455 Posts

Posted 09 January 2014 - 03:18 PM

I suppose it depends on if we're counting past threads are starting new with it.

But even if we count old threads, there's so many to look back on and count manually for each member. And out of the 6 years I've been here, I've only made 38 topics. :v

Only 38? I'm sure you've made more than that. Is there a query for such a thing?

hA0AZYy.png

Top Bunk
Top Bunk

Top Bunk

• Administrator
  • 15,543 Posts

Posted 09 January 2014 - 03:31 PM

Only 38? I'm sure you've made more than that. Is there a query for such a thing?

If you click the "Find Content" button in your profile, then filter by "Only topics", then you can view every topic you've made. I've counted all the way back since my introduction post on July 7th, 2008 and I've only made 38 topics since then.

bZCTZfr.png

Spoiler

MageLeif
MageLeif

Tidal Trickster

• Administrator
  • 10,668 Posts

Posted 09 January 2014 - 03:40 PM

If you click the "Find Content" button in your profile, then filter by "Only topics", then you can view every topic you've made. I've counted all the way back since my introduction post on July 7th, 2008 and I've only made 38 topics since then.

You don't need to manually count them though since it displays the exact amount you made

6fdIb.jpg

Shulk
Shulk
  • Mario
  • 24,960 Posts

Posted 09 January 2014 - 03:45 PM

Yup I've made 241 topics lol given that I'm the top poster and I do love making topics, I'd probably take me 7 Years to reach 500 so I'd have to agree with Slasher that the number is a high lol

Edited by Rhyme, 09 January 2014 - 03:45 PM.

Top Bunk
Top Bunk

Top Bunk

• Administrator
  • 15,543 Posts

Posted 09 January 2014 - 03:57 PM

You don't need to manually count them though since it displays the exact amount you made

6fdIb.jpg

Oh man, I didn't even see that, until you pointed it out just now. That certainly helps at least. :v

Still, a much lower number would be needed for the badge.

I'd say...

Tier 1: 15 topics

Tier 2: 30 topics

Tier 3: 50 topics

Or, if people think that's too low still...

Tier 1: 25 topics

Tier 2: 50 topics

Tier 3: 75 (or 100) topics

I don't think it should go any higher than 100, but that's just me.

bZCTZfr.png

Spoiler

Shulk
Shulk
  • Mario
  • 24,960 Posts

Posted 09 January 2014 - 04:03 PM

Second option sounds good. I think the first is too easy.

MageLeif
MageLeif

Tidal Trickster

• Administrator
  • 10,668 Posts

Posted 09 January 2014 - 04:07 PM

While some people do have a hard time creating threads, one of the points of awards is to reward extra effort. For example. to get the Game Night 3 you would have to be at every Game Night for almost four months. For some people that would be really easy, and for others that would be really difficult.

Maybe 25/50/100, but I think it should be bumped up just a tiny bit more

Grooms
Grooms

King of Contests

• Hammer Bro
  • 1,999 Posts

Posted 09 January 2014 - 04:13 PM

I actually didn't realize how low a topic-count I had. I've only made like 31, but it feels like it's been way more than that.

majorasmask.jpg

Shulk
Shulk
  • Mario
  • 24,960 Posts

Posted 09 January 2014 - 04:20 PM

While some people do have a hard time creating threads, one of the points of awards is to reward extra effort. For example. to get the Game Night 3 you would have to be at every Game Night for almost four months. For some people that would be really easy, and for others that would be really difficult.

Maybe 25/50/100, but I think it should be bumped up just a tiny bit more

I just tried to see if there was a way to refine the search by dates of created topics. I only ask because if this does take effect would you want to count past topics or just from the time the award is created? I couldn't find away to separate the topic search by dates.