Photo

Just curious...

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
18 replies to this topic

B9M
B9M

In World 7-4, lost in that damn maze.

• Monty Mole
  • 307 Posts

Posted 10 January 2014 - 12:11 PM

are there any Wii U games to avoid? Ones that are so bad that they're not even worth trying out?

Spin
Spin

Absolute Zero

• Ness
  • 7,456 Posts

Posted 10 January 2014 - 02:07 PM

That's an easy and tough to answer question. Of course there are. Anything from these "party game" compilations to blatant rip-offs of other series.

When in doubt, research, when still in doubt. Rent it.

hA0AZYy.png

B9M
B9M

• Monty Mole
  • 307 Posts

Posted 10 January 2014 - 02:11 PM

That's an easy and tough to answer question. Of course there are. Anything from these "party game" compilations to blatant rip-offs of other series.

When in doubt, research, when still in doubt. Rent it.

Ah. Like a lot of the third party stuff?

That's usually what I do in that regard, same with rentals. Just wanted to see what you guys avoided, for the heck of it.

Santatoes
Santatoes
  • Rattata
  • 145 Posts

Posted 10 January 2014 - 02:25 PM

I heard Assassins Creed 3 on Wii U is horrible, but I can tell you 4 is pretty solid.

Posted Image

B9M
B9M

• Monty Mole
  • 307 Posts

Posted 10 January 2014 - 02:27 PM

Cool. Might do some looking into it.

Will also be looking into some other games as well to get more of an idea.

Spin
Spin

Absolute Zero

• Ness
  • 7,456 Posts

Posted 10 January 2014 - 02:33 PM

For the most part I haven't bought too many wii u games yet. Rented even fewer.

I can say the Lego City was fun. But it dragged on forever.

hA0AZYy.png

Shulk
Shulk
  • Mario
  • 24,960 Posts

Posted 10 January 2014 - 03:40 PM

I heard Assassins Creed 3 on Wii U is horrible, but I can tell you 4 is pretty solid.

I loved Assassins Creed 3 it was my first WiiU game and the first assassins creed game I ever played. It's what got me hooked on the series.

As for games to avoid. I wouldn't have bought Nintendo land if it didn't come with the system. I've only played it once and it's just not my thing.

B9M
B9M

• Monty Mole
  • 307 Posts

Posted 10 January 2014 - 04:35 PM

Ah. What didn't you like about it, game wise?

Shulk
Shulk
  • Mario
  • 24,960 Posts

Posted 10 January 2014 - 07:46 PM

You asking me in regards to Nintendo Land? It's just not my kind of game. I like RPGs, action and adventure games all that have stories and deep characters. I'm not into having a collection of mini games, and I'm not into party games.

Spin
Spin

Absolute Zero

• Ness
  • 7,456 Posts

Posted 10 January 2014 - 10:17 PM

Nintendo Land was an awesome game. Especially with friends. i pull it out whenever people come over (which isn't often at all but at least my family is big enough to enjoy it)

hA0AZYy.png

Sanji07
Sanji07

Nya

• Kirby
  • 10,789 Posts

Posted 10 January 2014 - 10:20 PM

Nintendo Land was an awesome game. Especially with friends. i pull it out whenever people come over (which isn't often at all but at least my family is big enough to enjoy it)

I've been thinking about trading in New Super Mario Bros. for it.

Posted Image

^0w0^

Posted Image

Shulk
Shulk
  • Mario
  • 24,960 Posts

Posted 10 January 2014 - 10:34 PM

Yeah that's the thing, my real life friends don't play video games. Well the younger friends I have do, but they are all 8-16 years old. Being that I'm 32 I tend to spend more of my free time hanging out with my older friends. Thou I've had parties with my little friends as I call them, it's a bit trying at my age to be entertaining youths all the time.

Colette
Colette
  • Thwomp
  • 711 Posts

Posted 11 January 2014 - 12:25 AM

I'm not really a big fan of Nintendo Land either, for the main reason that the few friends I have (besides Spin) hardly ever play video games, and when they do play games its not party games. They mainly play FPS games, so our taste in games are totally different. The only reason I even have Nintendo Land is because it came with my system. It was fun for maybe a total of 30 minutes AND i haven't touched it since.

Posted Image

Justice and love will always win

Joshua
Joshua

The Watcher

• Bulborb
  • 846 Posts

Posted 11 January 2014 - 01:28 AM

Lego City: Undercover was disappointing. Parts of it are fun, and the writing is pretty amusing, but most of the gameplay I encountered was just pretty dull and slow-paced.

And I'll drop a vote in favor of Nintendo Land. I don't play it frequently, but when we (I usually play it with friends) do play it, it's a ton of fun.

261excw.gif nl74m9.gif vo0jnk.png

B9M
B9M

• Monty Mole
  • 307 Posts

Posted 11 January 2014 - 06:57 PM

You asking me in regards to Nintendo Land? It's just not my kind of game. I like RPGs, action and adventure games all that have stories and deep characters. I'm not into having a collection of mini games, and I'm not into party games.

Ah. Guess it wouldn't work for me either... since I don't have folks often that often. Might try and rent it to see if it'll change my mind. 

Grooms
Grooms

King of Contests

• Hammer Bro
  • 1,999 Posts

Posted 12 January 2014 - 04:08 PM

I enjoyed playing Nintendo Land on my own for a while, but it is definitely a lot more fun to play with friends. I haven't played it for a while.

majorasmask.jpg

FrankIero
FrankIero
  • Shy Guy
  • 30 Posts

Posted 26 January 2014 - 06:20 PM

By no means am I saying to avoid buying this game but we got New Super Mario Bros U and New Super Luigi U for Christmas. Played Mario first and it was pretty awesome, then we got to Luigi and we expected an entire new game with new maps and levels and storyline and all that, but it just ended up being a time attack version of all the levels in Mario Bros U. It's still a pretty cool game, and if you play 2 player the 2nd player could play someone who is basically invincible, but we were expecting a standalone game rather than what should have just been an add-on to Mario Bros. Pretty sad about it :(

Giygas
Giygas

Slasher's #√-1 Fan

• Ness
  • 7,269 Posts

Posted 26 January 2014 - 06:37 PM

By no means am I saying to avoid buying this game but we got New Super Mario Bros U and New Super Luigi U for Christmas. Played Mario first and it was pretty awesome, then we got to Luigi and we expected an entire new game with new maps and levels and storyline and all that, but it just ended up being a time attack version of all the levels in Mario Bros U. It's still a pretty cool game, and if you play 2 player the 2nd player could play someone who is basically invincible, but we were expecting a standalone game rather than what should have just been an add-on to Mario Bros. Pretty sad about it :(

Yeah, real shame that 'weegee gets such an inferior game to his brah

I've enjoyed what I have playe of Nintendo Land.

B9M
B9M

• Monty Mole
  • 307 Posts

Posted 03 February 2014 - 10:57 PM

Yea I noticed that. It's definitely weird. O.o. Was hoping it would be a different game, but oh well. Should be rather funny seeing how many ways I can die though  :lol: .