Photo

Played Online?

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
6 replies to this topic

Grooms
Grooms

King of Contests

• Hammer Bro
  • 1,999 Posts

Posted 14 January 2014 - 12:29 PM

Has anyone played a Wii U game online? I don't own any that support online multiplayer, but I was curious about how it is; whether there's lag, the interface for choosing to play online, etc.

majorasmask.jpg

Shulk
Shulk
  • Mario
  • 24,960 Posts

Posted 14 January 2014 - 03:44 PM

I've played Assassins Creed 3 and it was fine.

GOOD_DOGE
GOOD_DOGE

"Make it quick."

• doge
  • 1,759 Posts

Posted 14 January 2014 - 10:04 PM

Monster Hunter 3 Ultimate played wonderfully online. I can only remember a handful of times where other players and/or the monsters were rubber-banding.

Colette
Colette
  • Thwomp
  • 711 Posts

Posted 15 January 2014 - 05:22 PM

The only game that I can remember playing online was Monster Hunter 3 Ultimate, and it seemed to work just fine without lag.

Posted Image

Justice and love will always win

Spin
Spin

Absolute Zero

• Ness
  • 7,456 Posts

Posted 16 January 2014 - 02:03 AM

I haven't actually played a game online on the Wii U yet. I know that Mario Strikers Charged for the Wii significantly improved in framerate (there used to be a lot of frame lag in the cutscenes) with better processing of the Wii U.

The best I can tell you is that the games themselves will work as good as they did on the Wii. The issues with games lagging on the wii were because of poor netcode, not the console itself having issues.

Brawl has horrible netcode, for example. Mario Kart Wii has amazing netcode.

I've heard from friends that the fighting game Injustice works great on the Wii U.

hA0AZYy.png

Grooms
Grooms

King of Contests

• Hammer Bro
  • 1,999 Posts

Posted 17 January 2014 - 11:26 AM

Thanks for the info, ya'll :)

Have any of you played with people you have as friends in Miiverse? And if you have, how did you go about playing together? Is there like, a way to invite a friend to a game, or did you have to go to a sort of lobby screen and open a game for your friends to join before it started?

majorasmask.jpg

Shulk
Shulk
  • Mario
  • 24,960 Posts

Posted 17 January 2014 - 03:20 PM

I've never actually tried to play with a MiiVerse friend. It's not like with MK7 that if you see a friend online you can join their game. I guess it would depend on the game thou. Some games let you create parties that those on you friends list can join. I don't think miiverse acts as a central hub like how the online gaming works on a 360.