Photo

Nintendo Falling at the Wayside

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
25 replies to this topic

Spin
Spin

Absolute Zero

• Ness
  • 7,455 Posts

Posted 29 January 2014 - 01:41 PM

I know and that sets Nintendo apart from pretty much everyone in the market. They are idealists, not businessmen. It's weird, and sometimes annoying. But eh...

hA0AZYy.png

Top Bunk
Top Bunk

Top Bunk

• Administrator
  • 15,537 Posts

Posted 29 January 2014 - 01:49 PM

I like how they're idealists, it creates room for more innovation. They're not looking to make a quick buck fast and cheap. Sometimes they are forced to throw things out there quickly just so they have something for people to hold over with. But during that time they're at least working on greater things.

bZCTZfr.png

Spoiler

Spin
Spin

Absolute Zero

• Ness
  • 7,455 Posts

Posted 29 January 2014 - 01:54 PM

Yeah I for some reason think Super Mario 3D World was one of those forced products. At least it was still good.

hA0AZYy.png

Spin
Spin

Absolute Zero

• Ness
  • 7,455 Posts

Posted 30 January 2014 - 08:52 PM

Sorry for the double post. But yeah, Nintendo just had their investors meeting. If you wanna read up on it, head here: http://www.nintendo....0130/index.html

Anyway, one part that stuck out to me was Nintendo saying they were 'Licensing out their characters.' This could mean anything from marketing toys and thing to other companies, to advertising, to actually letting other game companies tackle their licenses to make more IPs available. This is exciting to me <3

As an example, here's a Campbell's commercial that just started showing. It has the Wii U on display and could possibly get people wondering.

hA0AZYy.png

Sanji07
Sanji07

Nya

• Kirby
  • 10,722 Posts

Posted 30 January 2014 - 08:55 PM

But there is already tons of Mario and Zelda merchandise.

Posted Image

^0w0^

Posted Image

Spin
Spin

Absolute Zero

• Ness
  • 7,455 Posts

Posted 30 January 2014 - 08:58 PM

Yes, but how often do you see it advertised? Nintendo has been protecting it's characters for a long time now, it seems they want to change that!

hA0AZYy.png