Photo

Monster Hunter 4 Ultimate

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
70 replies to this topic

Spin
Spin

Absolute Zero

• Ness
  • 7,455 Posts

Posted 11 October 2014 - 02:39 PM

Kirby would be cool. He could swallow monsters and copy their abilities haha.

hA0AZYy.png

Top Bunk
Top Bunk

Top Bunk

• Administrator
  • 15,542 Posts

Posted 11 October 2014 - 05:21 PM

I can understand Link, but...Samus? :x

It makes sense from a gunner point of view. It's basically just a costume anyway.

Kirby would be cool. He could swallow monsters and copy their abilities haha.

How about no.

bZCTZfr.png

Spoiler

Spin
Spin

Absolute Zero

• Ness
  • 7,455 Posts

Posted 11 October 2014 - 08:09 PM

How about no.

Aw come on, its either that or Wario will appear in it. XD

hA0AZYy.png

Sanji07
Sanji07

Nya

• Kirby
  • 10,767 Posts

Posted 11 October 2014 - 10:48 PM

It makes sense from a gunner point of view. It's basically just a costume anyway.

Yeah I agree that it's weird to have Samus in the game. At least she doesn't have any awkward costumes. 

Posted Image

^0w0^

Posted Image

Top Bunk
Top Bunk

Top Bunk

• Administrator
  • 15,542 Posts

Posted 12 October 2014 - 12:15 AM

Aw come on, its either that or Wario will appear in it. XD

Or neither. There's plenty of other options if they really feel the need to. This isn't Super Monster Smash Hunter.

bZCTZfr.png

Spoiler

Spin
Spin

Absolute Zero

• Ness
  • 7,455 Posts

Posted 12 October 2014 - 09:12 AM

Or neither. There's plenty of other options if they really feel the need to. This isn't Super Monster Smash Hunter.

You sure about that?

qHvFzUk.jpg

hA0AZYy.png

Top Bunk
Top Bunk

Top Bunk

• Administrator
  • 15,542 Posts

Posted 12 October 2014 - 01:35 PM

You sure about that?

Yes, because they're still just costumes with no real effect on abilities.

bZCTZfr.png

Spoiler

Sanji07
Sanji07

Nya

• Kirby
  • 10,767 Posts

Posted 12 October 2014 - 04:33 PM

You sure about that?

qHvFzUk.jpg

JFLKJASDFAJSDKFJDSLSKDFJLSDJFKSJFLKSDJFLKSDJFLJSFKLDJFDSJFSDJFLKSDJF

ISHOKYOOOOOTANDNYAAAAA!!! *w*

Posted Image

^0w0^

Posted Image

Colette
Colette
  • Thwomp
  • 711 Posts

Posted 15 January 2015 - 12:33 PM

Time to update this thread with some new information including the new 3DS XL limited edition and the Collector's Edition of the game. Of course the new 3DS XL Monster Hunter edition is exclusive to Gamestop, so if you want one at launch it is probably best to pre-order it.

new 3DS XL Monster Hunter Edition

Monster-Hunter-4-Ultimate-New-Nintendo-3

This is only available at Gamestop in North America and it costs $229.99 and includes the game, but is pre-installed on the system. I do like the system, but I liked the Majora's Mask new 3DS XL more, so I pre-ordered that one. Although this one does come with the game, so if you are wanting a new system and Monster Hunter 4 Ultimate you will technically save $10 by buying this bundle.

Collector's Edition

monsterhunter_LELG.jpg

I love getting figures with collector editions of games. The lanyard and pin I don't really see getting much use, but the cleaning cloth will definitely be handy cleaning that new 3DS XL Monster Hunter edition or your own 3DS system. For $59.99, do you feel that the collector's edition is worth the extra $20 compared to the standard edition of the game?

Posted Image

Justice and love will always win

Top Bunk
Top Bunk

Top Bunk

• Administrator
  • 15,542 Posts

Posted 15 January 2015 - 01:35 PM

I got both the MH4 New 3DS XL along with the LE MH4U game. Going to be selling the physical game from the LE edition to my bro while keeping the loots, and just transfer everything from my current 3DS to the New 3DS so that it merges with the preloaded MH4U game. I'm weary of if it'll actually merge, but according to all sources, everything is saying it should do so automatically.

bZCTZfr.png

Spoiler

Colette
Colette
  • Thwomp
  • 711 Posts

Posted 15 January 2015 - 03:09 PM

@TopBunk: You shouldn't have any issues getting it transferred over, from what I have read and personal experience. I was going to get Spin the MH new 3DS XL, but he isn't much of a monster hunter fan and wanted the regular new 3DS (which isn't coming over here). I eventually pre-ordered the MH LE after many days of debating with myself. The figure eventually won me over and the cleaning cloth is pretty useful.

Posted Image

Sanji07
Sanji07

Nya

• Kirby
  • 10,767 Posts

Posted 15 January 2015 - 07:05 PM

I recently got an email from Nintendo with early access codes for MH4U. Has anyone else gotten one?

Posted Image

^0w0^

Posted Image

Top Bunk
Top Bunk

Top Bunk

• Administrator
  • 15,542 Posts

Posted 15 January 2015 - 09:01 PM

I got no email for any codes. </3 Currently F5 spamming sites giving out free codes to use. Unless someone here wants to be kind enough to give me one.

bZCTZfr.png

Spoiler

Colette
Colette
  • Thwomp
  • 711 Posts

Posted 16 January 2015 - 11:28 AM

I didn't receive a code either for the demo. Is there something I need to do to receive codes in the future? I'm not too bummed about not getting a code for this demo, because it doesn't change whether I will get the game or not.

If anyone tries out the demo, please post your impressions/opinions here.

Edited by Colette, 16 January 2015 - 11:28 AM.

Posted Image

Top Bunk
Top Bunk

Top Bunk

• Administrator
  • 15,542 Posts

Posted 16 January 2015 - 12:20 PM

doge played the demo last night and streamed it on Twitch. So you could check that out Here if you wish.

I downloaded the demo last night (thanks to Xavyrr for giving me a code) but haven't played it yet since things came up I that I had to take care of.

bZCTZfr.png

Spoiler

PsychoDuck
PsychoDuck

A duck what acts crazy-like

• Pikachu
  • 8,535 Posts

Posted 16 January 2015 - 12:39 PM

I didn't get an email with codes, but I nabbed one from a Reddit thread. All glory to the F5

Oi00g.png

(2009-2013)

TwitterYoutube

The Duck Has Spoken.

Top Bunk
Top Bunk

Top Bunk

• Administrator
  • 15,542 Posts

Posted 16 January 2015 - 01:55 PM

I didn't get an email with codes, but I nabbed one from a Reddit thread. All glory to the F5

Quite lucky. Before Xavyrr gave me a code, I tried to do the same thing, but no dice. I even went as far as to use reddit-stream  and input the codes online through Nintendo Network's code redeemer for super quick copy/paste and I was still always too slow.

bZCTZfr.png

Spoiler

Colette
Colette
  • Thwomp
  • 711 Posts

Posted 16 January 2015 - 02:05 PM

doge played the demo last night and streamed it on Twitch. So you could check that out Here if you wish.

I downloaded the demo last night (thanks to Xavyrr for giving me a code) but haven't played it yet since things came up I that I had to take care of.

Thanks, I will definitely check it out when I get home from work and wedding cake shopping.

Posted Image

PsychoDuck
PsychoDuck

A duck what acts crazy-like

• Pikachu
  • 8,535 Posts

Posted 16 January 2015 - 02:36 PM

Quite lucky. Before Xavyrr gave me a code, I tried to do the same thing, but no dice. I even went as far as to use reddit-stream  and input the codes online through Nintendo Network's code redeemer for super quick copy/paste and I was still always too slow.

I was actually lying a bit when I said "all glory to the F5". I seriously just opened a code thread, sorted comments by newest first, and caught one seconds after it'd been posted. Copy+paste into the code redeemer and I got the first of three in the comment  :dummy:

Oi00g.png

(2009-2013)

TwitterYoutube

The Duck Has Spoken.

GOOD_DOGE
GOOD_DOGE

"Make it quick."

• doge
  • 1,756 Posts

Posted 16 January 2015 - 10:47 PM

Oh, I didn't realize you referenced to my stream.

I edited down the stream to make a shorter video for youtube.

Basically just covered all of the demo monsters as well as the new insect glaive.

The demo goes pretty in depth and also has online play! Can't wait for the full release though. :v