Photo

Monster Hunter 4 Ultimate

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
70 replies to this topic

Colette
Colette
  • Thwomp
  • 711 Posts

Posted 18 January 2015 - 05:23 PM

@GOOD_DOGE: That armor looks interesting at the beginning of the video, make your character look like a Transformer of sorts. Earlier in the video when you jumped on the boss to stab it, is that something you can do with your character whenever you want to? The demo actually seemed pretty long from your YouTube video that I watched. Looks very similar to Monster Hunter 3, any differences that you could point out after playing through the demo?

Posted Image

Justice and love will always win

GOOD_DOGE
GOOD_DOGE

"Make it quick."

• doge
  • 1,754 Posts

Posted 18 January 2015 - 05:36 PM

@GOOD_DOGE: That armor looks interesting at the beginning of the video, make your character look like a Transformer of sorts. Earlier in the video when you jumped on the boss to stab it, is that something you can do with your character whenever you want to? The demo actually seemed pretty long from your YouTube video that I watched. Looks very similar to Monster Hunter 3, any differences that you could point out after playing through the demo?

I made a similar comment about the armor myself, but unfortunately you can't look at your own stats/equipment in the demo so I couldn't see what it was. In the Great Jaggi quest it just sort of put me there after the cutscene, but you can jump off of a ledge and do an attack to end up on a monster again. Although, while you're up there, the monster can shake you off. I would imagine it probably isn't something you can keep doing over and over, but I'm not quite sure. The gameplay is pretty much the same, exactly what you'd expect from monster hunter. What with the platforming it does end up being a little more acrobatic; climbing and jumping are faster and more useful as well. I'm sure there are a few more added features that may not have been showed off in the demo, but besides that it follows the typical monster hunter formula (which isn't a bad thing). The main thing I'm looking forward to are the new monsters and weapon trees, because that usually does a good job of keeping MH games fresh. 

Edited by GOOD_DOGE, 18 January 2015 - 05:56 PM.

Top Bunk
Top Bunk

Top Bunk

• Administrator
  • 15,537 Posts

Posted 18 January 2015 - 06:00 PM

I was messing around with the demo, and so far it looks like you can keep jumping on the monster's back. I'm not sure if it'll be the case for the full version of the game though. But what I have noticed is that the bar starts off lower while the monster is in rage mode. And if the monster flails or roars as you stab it, it'll shake you off faster. You're supposed to wait until it settles down a bit before stabbing at it so that you can raise the bar to full and that will leave the monster stunned after you fill the bar up fully without it throwing you off. And I haven't tested it myself, but aside from jumping off ledges to attack and jump on it's back, I'm pretty sure teammates you play with can knock you in the air so that you can jump on them too.

bZCTZfr.png

Spoiler

Sanji07
Sanji07

Nya

• Kirby
  • 10,722 Posts

Posted 19 January 2015 - 01:41 AM

GUYS YOU ARE FORGETTING ABOUT THE BEST NEW FEATURE IN THE GAME: FELYNE COMRADES

Edited by Sanji07, 19 January 2015 - 01:43 AM.

Posted Image

^0w0^

Posted Image

Colette
Colette
  • Thwomp
  • 711 Posts

Posted 19 January 2015 - 11:51 AM

GUYS YOU ARE FORGETTING ABOUT THE BEST NEW FEATURE IN THE GAME: FELYNE COMRADES

How could I have forgotten that feature? I agree that has to be the best feature in the game.

@TopBunk

That is an interesting feature with a lot more depth than what I thought at first. Is it just me or does the stabbing remind anyone else of Shadow of the Colossus?

Posted Image

Top Bunk
Top Bunk

Top Bunk

• Administrator
  • 15,537 Posts

Posted 28 January 2015 - 05:34 PM

So apparently Gamestop has been restocking the MH4U New 3DS XL for the past couple days. Unfortunately I missed out on both days as I didn't wake up in time and they only lasted for about an hour each time. Going to try waking up at like 9am tomorrow and hope they restock again. I already have mine pre-ordered from the first batch ever sold, so I'm pretty well set, but Kimogaron needs one too, so I have to handle buying it for him while he's busy going to school and stuff. He better have my money ready if I'm able to buy it for him though. :v

bZCTZfr.png

Spoiler

Prof. Dohoho
Prof. Dohoho

Immoral Asstroll

• Monty Mole
  • 311 Posts

Posted 29 January 2015 - 01:24 AM

So apparently Gamestop has been restocking the MH4U New 3DS XL for the past couple days. Unfortunately I missed out on both days as I didn't wake up in time and they only lasted for about an hour each time. Going to try waking up at like 9am tomorrow and hope they restock again. I already have mine pre-ordered from the first batch ever sold, so I'm pretty well set, but Kimogaron needs one too, so I have to handle buying it for him while he's busy going to school and stuff. He better have my money ready if I'm able to buy it for him though. :v

Not to worry. This isn't gonna be like the art tablet-monitor where you had to wait like a month or two to get it paid off. I've got all the money waiting for you in physical form as soon as you press that Order button.

Edited by Kimogaron, 29 January 2015 - 10:12 AM.

Bounty
Bounty

The end is nigh

• Armos Knight
  • 3,110 Posts

Posted 30 January 2015 - 09:11 PM

So I got a chance to try the demo thanks to @Princess Elysia, and I'm kind of new to all this. So I try the beginner's demo, and choose the dual blades class, and hunt the Monster. Lol, it reminded me of God of War but with a little more open-world feel to it. So I have to say that I will probably enjoy this game later on, just something to get used to and do in little spurts, my kind of game.

2rcwyzs.png

Top Bunk
Top Bunk

Top Bunk

• Administrator
  • 15,537 Posts

Posted 30 January 2015 - 09:25 PM

Good, more people to play Monster Hunter with. There's obviously a lot more to the game than the demo shows. But at least this demo was much better than the one they had for the previous game.

If you need any help or want some tips/advice if you get the full game, feel free to ask.

bZCTZfr.png

Spoiler

Sanji07
Sanji07

Nya

• Kirby
  • 10,722 Posts

Posted 30 January 2015 - 09:38 PM

So I got a chance to try the demo thanks to @Princess Elysia, and I'm kind of new to all this. So I try the beginner's demo, and choose the dual blades class, and hunt the Monster. Lol, it reminded me of God of War but with a little more open-world feel to it. So I have to say that I will probably enjoy this game later on, just something to get used to and do in little spurts, my kind of game.

Yay dual blades. That's my main class.  :dummy:

Good, more people to play Monster Hunter with. There's obviously a lot more to the game than the demo shows. But at least this demo was much better than the one they had for the previous game.

If you need any help or want some tips/advice if you get the full game, feel free to ask.

ONE OF US ONE OF US

Posted Image

^0w0^

Posted Image

Colette
Colette
  • Thwomp
  • 711 Posts

Posted 31 January 2015 - 11:00 PM

@DIYGUY: Dual Blades are my favorite to use in Monster Hunter. Actually it's the only class I've ever used...but that's besides the point.

I'm actually pretty excited to start playing this game, although it comes out around the same time as other games, so it will probably have to wait before I even start playing it...and then I will be so far behind everyone else that no one will want to play with me again.

Posted Image

Sanji07
Sanji07

Nya

• Kirby
  • 10,722 Posts

Posted 01 February 2015 - 10:12 PM

@DIYGUY: Dual Blades are my favorite to use in Monster Hunter. Actually it's the only class I've ever used...but that's besides the point.

I'm actually pretty excited to start playing this game, although it comes out around the same time as other games, so it will probably have to wait before I even start playing it...and then I will be so far behind everyone else that no one will want to play with me again.

I also use the bowgun occasionally, but I need paw pass tickets to upgrade it (and I'm not willing to beat up poor little kitties)...

Posted Image

^0w0^

Posted Image

GOOD_DOGE
GOOD_DOGE

"Make it quick."

• doge
  • 1,754 Posts

Posted 10 February 2015 - 10:34 PM

Beep boop, here's a nice review form ProJared:

Top Bunk
Top Bunk

Top Bunk

• Administrator
  • 15,537 Posts

Posted 10 February 2015 - 11:29 PM

That guy's got all the bases covered and conveyed it all clearly. Such review, much recommend. It's a good watch, especially for those who might be new to the game or inexperienced.

bZCTZfr.png

Spoiler

Bounty
Bounty

The end is nigh

• Armos Knight
  • 3,110 Posts

Posted 11 February 2015 - 12:51 AM

So apparently critics are all in agreement and giving this game a 9/10 on average. Metacritic gives it an 87--it even beats Smash 3DS, an 85. Damn seems foolish not to pick it up.

2rcwyzs.png

Nathan
Nathan

Coffee Enthusiast

• Zelda
  • 5,262 Posts

Posted 13 February 2015 - 11:51 PM

You all better hunt with me.

Like right now.

Posted Image

Top Bunk
Top Bunk

Top Bunk

• Administrator
  • 15,537 Posts

Posted 14 February 2015 - 01:42 AM

You all better hunt with me.

Like right now.

Right now is not doable for me as the game is still downloading (and has been for the past 2-3 hours). But perhaps whenever you're next available. :v

bZCTZfr.png

Spoiler

Nathan
Nathan

Coffee Enthusiast

• Zelda
  • 5,262 Posts

Posted 14 February 2015 - 03:04 AM

Right now is not doable for me as the game is still downloading (and has been for the past 2-3 hours). But perhaps whenever you're next available. :v

Still available hurry up with that dl!

Posted Image

Top Bunk
Top Bunk

Top Bunk

• Administrator
  • 15,537 Posts

Posted 14 February 2015 - 10:49 AM

Lol, I mostly meant by the next day (which would be today now), plus I fell asleep while waiting since it was only halfway done at the time. Such a large game, and my internet was only working at half the speed (no thanks to my bros with their own downloads).

Much playing needs to be had.

Edit: Scratch that. I need to figure out what went wrong with my system transfer that caused me to lose my save data and see if I can still restore it all.

Edit2: Okay, solved my issue, but need to redownload MH4 again.

bZCTZfr.png

Spoiler

Top Bunk
Top Bunk

Top Bunk

• Administrator
  • 15,537 Posts

Posted 02 March 2015 - 03:01 PM

@Nathan - You still need to hunt with me. I've been playing nothing but monster hunter since I got the game.

I did all Caravan stuff up to the start of 9 star. Even completed "The Caravaneer's Challenge" just a moment ago. That challenge is too op. Zinogre and Rajang teaming up in automatic charged mode. And then having to kill the Shagaru Magala on top of it all. But color changing armor pigment unlocked now.

Also at HR7 with guild stuff. Need to go back to complete some of the guild's non-key quests though.

bZCTZfr.png

Spoiler