Photo

Monster Hunter 4 Ultimate

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
70 replies to this topic

Nathan
Nathan

Coffee Enthusiast

• Zelda
  • 5,262 Posts

Posted 03 March 2015 - 05:18 PM

@Nathan - You still need to hunt with me. I've been playing nothing but monster hunter since I got the game.

I did all Caravan stuff up to the start of 9 star. Even completed "The Caravaneer's Challenge" just a moment ago. That challenge is too op. Zinogre and Rajang teaming up in automatic charged mode. And then having to kill the Shagaru Magala on top of it all. But color changing armor pigment unlocked now.

Also at HR7 with guild stuff. Need to go back to complete some of the guild's non-key quests though.

I bought New Leaf and kinda forgot about MH4 but yes we need to hunt! My roommates have been giving me shit for not playing lately.

Posted Image

Top Bunk
Top Bunk

Top Bunk

• Administrator
  • 15,542 Posts

Posted 03 March 2015 - 05:35 PM

I bought New Leaf and kinda forgot about MH4 but yes we need to hunt! My roommates have been giving me shit for not playing lately.

Too many good 3DS games, gotta play 'em all. :v

If you're still at low rank in MH4, I can help you grind your way up in gathering hall stuff and help you take down monsters for materials to get more gear. And then you can show off to your roommates, who are hopefully not farther ahead than the average person, otherwise you'd look silly showing off like that. Lol.

bZCTZfr.png

Spoiler

Nathan
Nathan

Coffee Enthusiast

• Zelda
  • 5,262 Posts

Posted 03 March 2015 - 06:45 PM

Too many good 3DS games, gotta play 'em all. :v

If you're still at low rank in MH4, I can help you grind your way up in gathering hall stuff and help you take down monsters for materials to get more gear. And then you can show off to your roommates, who are hopefully not farther ahead than the average person, otherwise you'd look silly showing off like that. Lol.

My roommates are actually kinda far, at least in comparison to me. Maybe the four of us can actually play. Sometimes we just sit on the couch and kill monsters it's great.  :meow:

But I'm down. Maybe later this week, I've got a lot of homework and midterms to study for but yeah!

Posted Image

Top Bunk
Top Bunk

Top Bunk

• Administrator
  • 15,542 Posts

Posted 03 March 2015 - 07:23 PM

My roommates are actually kinda far, at least in comparison to me. Maybe the four of us can actually play. Sometimes we just sit on the couch and kill monsters it's great.  :meow:

But I'm down. Maybe later this week, I've got a lot of homework and midterms to study for but yeah!

If they're decked out in high rank gear and basically at G rank stuff, then that's about where I am. If they're farther than that, then I need to make faster progress instead of grinding for materials. :v

I should be available any time you're able to play. So just let me know when.

bZCTZfr.png

Spoiler

Colette
Colette
  • Thwomp
  • 711 Posts

Posted 06 March 2015 - 02:11 PM

So....I have the Collector's Edition of the game, but I have yet to open it and start playing. I am waiting for my screen protectors for my new 3DS XL Majora's Mask edition. I also bought a clear plastic case to go around it, so I don't scratch the system. I could always try playing it on my other 3DS, with the more difficult camera controls.

Posted Image

Justice and love will always win

Top Bunk
Top Bunk

Top Bunk

• Administrator
  • 15,542 Posts

Posted 06 March 2015 - 02:48 PM

So....I have the Collector's Edition of the game, but I have yet to open it and start playing. I am waiting for my screen protectors for my new 3DS XL Majora's Mask edition. I also bought a clear plastic case to go around it, so I don't scratch the system. I could always try playing it on my other 3DS, with the more difficult camera controls.

This game is definitely something that's better played on the New 3DS. Not just because of camera controls, but because of better performance and textures as well. So unless you plan to do a system transfer later, it would be best to wait.
Like, even one of my bros bought a New 3DS XL just to play this game because he couldn't stand how sub-par it looked and performed on the regular 3DS in comparison. And he doesn't even play any other 3DS games really.

Comparison video

Monster images comparison

bZCTZfr.png

Spoiler

Colette
Colette
  • Thwomp
  • 711 Posts

Posted 07 March 2015 - 07:48 PM

@TopBunk

I didn't understand a word the guy was saying in the comparison video (no habla espanol), but wow...I could see the difference in performance and the textures. I didn't realize how long it took games to load on the original 3DS XL.

Posted Image

Top Bunk
Top Bunk

Top Bunk

• Administrator
  • 15,542 Posts

Posted 08 March 2015 - 03:36 PM

@TopBunk

I didn't understand a word the guy was saying in the comparison video (no habla espanol), but wow...I could see the difference in performance and the textures. I didn't realize how long it took games to load on the original 3DS XL.

I didn't understand any of what the guy said either, but what's shown really speaks for itself and that's the important part. :v

Even booting up the systems themselves have a noticeable difference in speed, including when pressing the Home button to go back to the home screen. And closing out a game or powering the system off is faster too.

bZCTZfr.png

Spoiler

Sanji07
Sanji07

Nya

• Kirby
  • 10,767 Posts

Posted 08 March 2015 - 04:11 PM

I didn't understand any of what the guy said either, but what's shown really speaks for itself and that's the important part. :v

Even booting up the systems themselves have a noticeable difference in speed, including when pressing the Home button to go back to the home screen. And closing out a game or powering the system off is faster too.

Ooh that sounds nice. It annoys me how it takes a second for the 3DS to turn on, off, pause, etc. 

Posted Image

^0w0^

Posted Image

Top Bunk
Top Bunk

Top Bunk

• Administrator
  • 15,542 Posts

Posted 25 March 2015 - 06:05 AM

Finally have G rank armor. Going through a bunch of G rank quests using only high rank armor was tiring. Now I can feel more comfortable without having to heal every time I get hit once or twice by a G rank monster, with my 721 defense as opposed to 561 like with my Akantor set or 506 with my Rath Soul set. I also have a bunch of beautiful skills now.

0iwFVZi.jpg

~What the skills do~

Spoiler

Now I need to work on getting G rank gunner armor next.

...After I get more zenny, because now I'm completely broke.

bZCTZfr.png

Spoiler

Colette
Colette
  • Thwomp
  • 711 Posts

Posted 26 March 2015 - 01:49 PM

I finally got the protective cover and screen protectors for my new 3DSXL Majora's Mask. Doing the system transfer now, and hoping by the end of today I will be able to play this game!

Posted Image