Photo

Retreating to the Sacred Realm

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
12 replies to this topic

ZeldaSageofFire
ZeldaSageofFire

The very model of a Scientist Salarian

• Magikoopa
  • 2,068 Posts

Posted 03 February 2014 - 01:47 AM

Greetings everyone.

Most of you know that I've been here a long time, since the very beginning, actually. I began as an admin working with Hero, back over 8 years ago now when this place first got started, and I've been lurking about the site in various ways ever since. I've been an Admin, a Mod, a regular user (shortly), and a Sage. I've been a Mod most recently, and most of you who are active probably only remember me as a Sage or a Mod. I'm happy to say that I've loved every minute of the time I've spent on staff here at the Pipe. It's been an absolute joy to be such an integral part of this community.

Having said that, I've reached a decision point in my life where things are beginning to come to a head and are literally demanding much more of my attention than I ever expected them to. That's the largest reason for my lack of activity since the end of summer; things offline have simply and forcefully demanded my attention to an extent that I feel I can no longer benefit this community by remaining on staff.

I've talked with Mage about this a bit, and I had initially intended to use the month of January as a trial period, to see if I could rejuvenate my activity while continuing the things in my life that require so much focus. Regrettably, while I feel like I have been able to increase my personal traffic on the site, things have become even more turbulent for me this month, and I feel it's in everyone's best interests if I simply step down and leave the staff in good standing, rather than waiting for them to kick me out because of inactivity.

This is in no way a statement that you'll never see me around here again. I've been here since Day 0, and I have no intentions of ever leaving this place. I've tried fitting in to other online communities, but nowhere feels like home the way the Pipe does. I mentally consider myself to be the "Old Man" of the Pipe, and I'll be here until the day she vanishes. So you'll definitely still be seeing me post and contribute in various ways. I'll just no longer be doing so as part of the staff.

I have every confidence in Mage and Slasher to choose a worthwhile replacement for my position, and in their leadership of the site as a whole. It was my honor to be on staff with them for as long as I was, and I have nothing but respect and admiration for them.

I love this place, this community. Thank you for allowing me the opportunity to be a Moderator here, even though I may not have been the greatest Mod out there. I love you all, and I'm looking forward to continuing here on the Pipe among the ranks of Retired Staff members. Thank you all.

~ZeldaSageofFire

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Good night, and Big Balls.

MageLeif
MageLeif

Tidal Trickster

• Administrator
  • 10,668 Posts

Posted 03 February 2014 - 01:52 AM

You've been an awesome person, sad to see you go ZSoF! But as you mentioned you won't be gone for good so I'm glad to hear that - I hope you're making good progress on your novel that you're working on so that it shall be finished on time.

NintendoQueen
NintendoQueen

Haaaave You Met Ted?

• Space Pirate
  • 2,482 Posts

Posted 03 February 2014 - 02:01 AM

You're a good man, ZSoF. It is a shame that you must step down from the moderator throne.

It is incredible you have been here since Day 0, and want to continue to be here. And best of luck to you in your "IRL" events and whatnot. :) :)

:)

Sanji07
Sanji07

Nya

• Kirby
  • 10,749 Posts

Posted 03 February 2014 - 02:21 AM

Thanks for being an awesome mod ZSoF. Here's to another eight years on the Pipeline!

Posted Image

^0w0^

Posted Image

Top Bunk
Top Bunk

Top Bunk

• Administrator
  • 15,541 Posts

Posted 03 February 2014 - 03:09 AM

It's been great having you around, bud. I still look forward to any future contributions you make. Mage and I will do good in keeping this place afloat. It's a wonderful community and home to many of us, and it shall continue to be so.

Many cheers to you for all you've done for the Pipeline! Keep on being awesome bro.

bZCTZfr.png

Spoiler

Giygas
Giygas

Slasher's #√-1 Fan

• Ness
  • 7,269 Posts

Posted 03 February 2014 - 04:18 AM

Always been one of my favourite staff and it'll be a shame to see you go but... Good luck in all your ventures!

Spin
Spin

Absolute Zero

• Ness
  • 7,455 Posts

Posted 03 February 2014 - 12:17 PM

It's been great seeing you around ZSoF. You and your red text have posted some of the most well thought out posts around. I'm glad you won't be leaving anytime soon either!

hA0AZYy.png

SakuraSaturn
SakuraSaturn

If sarcasm burned calories, I'd be a twig.

• Hammer Bro
  • 1,940 Posts

Posted 03 February 2014 - 04:15 PM

You've done a fantastic job as a staff member, ZSoF! I'm glad that you are not leaving the Pipeline for good; you had me a bit worried there haha.

hTWXg2b_zps1fbbe04e.png

Thank you, Princess Elysia for the awesome sig! ^_^

Hugh
Hugh

A Mann's Man

• 6,935 Posts

Posted 03 February 2014 - 10:21 PM

Your avatar seems happy about it!

I really hope you stick around and continue to be influential to all the whippersnappers that show up. I know real life is tough and I'm glad you've stuck with this position it as long as you could. It's going to be weird without seeing your name in blue but you get to join the ranks of NP's elite ex-staff!

Bounty
Bounty

The end is nigh

• Armos Knight
  • 3,110 Posts

Posted 03 February 2014 - 11:20 PM

Besides the whole mod part, the same has basically gone for me -- life has gotten in the way and demands my attention much more. You were always awesome, stay that way, and stay metal!

2rcwyzs.png

Tai
Tai
  • lke
  • 9,365 Posts

Posted 04 February 2014 - 10:20 PM

Tai for mod next!

Posted Image

I AM AND I ARE ALL WE

Ammy
Ammy

I love you, I miss you.

• Bullet Bill
  • 1,594 Posts

Posted 12 February 2014 - 08:06 AM

lol, I can totally relate to things in personal life messing up free time. That was very true for me during the fall/winter months. Best of wishes to you ZSoF. Glad to hear you'll keep in touch though.

zjVHwFP.png

ZeldaSageofFire
ZeldaSageofFire

The very model of a Scientist Salarian

• Magikoopa
  • 2,068 Posts

Posted 15 February 2014 - 06:23 PM

Many thanks to you all. :) You've made this "old man" very happy, and I'm very grateful for all the kind words you've all given me. <3 Don't worry, I'll still be around. ;) And I'm thinking I may host a new mafia game next month as well, once I get a theme worked out. You'll all know when it happens, lol.

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Good night, and Big Balls.