Photo

Sonic Boom

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
12 replies to this topic

Bounty
Bounty

The end is nigh

• Armos Knight
  • 3,110 Posts

Posted 06 February 2014 - 04:13 PM

1010616_10152177442997418_619561479_n.pn

I just came across this just about now, but they're adding a new sort of Sonic game into the mix: Sonic Boom, coming to the Nintendo platforms. There will be a cartoon series for it as well. Here is so far the only trailer I can find for it (the text is in French; they also have on for Germany currently, I'm guessing America's will be up later):

You can also check out the Sonic The Hedgehog Facebook page.

Now WHAT THE **** IS UP WITH KNUCKLES? He looks so disproportionate... Otherwise, this game looks okay, I might give it a chance. Discuss likes/dislikes, etc. GO

2rcwyzs.png

Top Bunk
Top Bunk

Top Bunk

• Administrator
  • 15,548 Posts

Posted 06 February 2014 - 04:24 PM

Okay, so they all have a costume now. And Knuckles looks like he went on steroids that only affected his upper half. I cannot accept this new Knuckles. It disturbs me greatly.

And that dubstep music in the video, I don't even...

A Sonic game should use their own Sonic music for their trailers, not some commonly overused dubstep track that's not even decent.

bZCTZfr.png

Spoiler

PsychoDuck
PsychoDuck

A duck what acts crazy-like

• Pikachu
  • 8,535 Posts

Posted 06 February 2014 - 04:26 PM

Okay, so they all have a costume now. And Knuckles looks like he went on steroids that only affected his upper half. I cannot accept this new Knuckles. It disturbs me greatly.

And that dubstep music in the video, I don't even...

A Sonic game should use their own Sonic music for their trailers, not some commonly overused dubstep track that's not even decent.

Maybe they're just trying to ease us into the announcement of the game's actual title, Sonic: BANGARANGWUBWUBWUB

Oi00g.png

(2009-2013)

TwitterYoutube

The Duck Has Spoken.

Tai
Tai
  • lke
  • 9,365 Posts

Posted 06 February 2014 - 04:55 PM

I am very fond of the new Tails myself.

Posted Image

I AM AND I ARE ALL WE

Hugh
Hugh

A Mann's Man

• 6,936 Posts

Posted 06 February 2014 - 06:02 PM

Is this where the Sonic series finally self-destructs, ending its horribly prolonged life?

Bounty
Bounty

The end is nigh

• Armos Knight
  • 3,110 Posts

Posted 06 February 2014 - 08:40 PM

Is this where the Sonic series finally self-destructs, ending its horribly prolonged life?

Apparently not, this isn't going to replace the main Sonic The Hedgehog games according to Sega.

2rcwyzs.png

Sanji07
Sanji07

Nya

• Kirby
  • 10,781 Posts

Posted 06 February 2014 - 10:27 PM

WHAT DID THEY DO TO KNUCKLES

I'm sorry, but this looks horrible. The character models are ugly and...is Amy skinnier than usual? What's with that half-wink? *erhem* ANYWAY I feel like I've seen that robot monster thing at the end in a million other videogames.

Posted Image

^0w0^

Posted Image

Spin
Spin

Absolute Zero

• Ness
  • 7,456 Posts

Posted 07 February 2014 - 02:13 AM

I'm really really excited for this. Look at those areas, it's wide open and spacious like Sonic Adventure. Each character plays differently, like SA! And Sonic Team isn't making it. Today is truly a glorious day.

Also SEGA has confirmed that this IS NOT Sonic's new permanent look, this game is just for the TV Show. And by the trailer it actually seems like a nice little show. Sonic should return to normal in other games after this one releases.

I'm not sure what to think of the new designs. it looks...weird? But somehow cool. Knuckles does weird me out the most. But it's ok. Amy is like a totally new character purely based off of how she lands from that fall in the trailer.

I'm perfectly fine with this new series, just as long as it's separate from normal Sonic. Sonic has tons of different series' already. One more can't hurt.

Edited by Spin, 07 February 2014 - 02:14 AM.

hA0AZYy.png

Bounty
Bounty

The end is nigh

• Armos Knight
  • 3,110 Posts

Posted 07 February 2014 - 02:56 AM

I'm really really excited for this. Look at those areas, it's wide open and spacious like Sonic Adventure. Each character plays differently, like SA! And Sonic Team isn't making it. Today is truly a glorious day.

Also SEGA has confirmed that this IS NOT Sonic's new permanent look, this game is just for the TV Show. And by the trailer it actually seems like a nice little show. Sonic should return to normal in other games after this one releases.

I'm not sure what to think of the new designs. it looks...weird? But somehow cool. Knuckles does weird me out the most. But it's ok. Amy is like a totally new character purely based off of how she lands from that fall in the trailer.

I'm perfectly fine with this new series, just as long as it's separate from normal Sonic. Sonic has tons of different series' already. One more can't hurt.

I pretty much agree with everything you just said. My only real complaint is, like I said, Knuckles' body ratio-- something to do with the torso or legs. Yeah, if they shrunk him a little, he would look great, but he looks really strange, I agree, as a giant compared to the rest of them.

2rcwyzs.png

Hugh
Hugh

A Mann's Man

• 6,936 Posts

Posted 07 February 2014 - 10:15 AM

Spoilered for SBaHJ: (I did not make this)

Spoiler

Spin
Spin

Absolute Zero

• Ness
  • 7,456 Posts

Posted 07 February 2014 - 12:48 PM

So apparently the game is going to have a tethering mechanic a la Knuckles Chaotix inspiration. Interesting.

I'm still confused why it seems 4 characters are in the same level at once. Co-op or Sonic Heroes style gameplay?

hA0AZYy.png

EZLO21
EZLO21

Owner of Zelda 101

• Thwomp
  • 651 Posts

Posted 07 February 2014 - 02:58 PM

They have Co-Op play in this new game Oh and I will upload the US Trailer for this game in just a minute.

Edited by EZLO21, 07 February 2014 - 04:24 PM.

Posted Image

Sanji07
Sanji07

Nya

• Kirby
  • 10,781 Posts

Posted 07 February 2014 - 08:17 PM

Oh great a tv series....I hope this doesn't become like Raving Rabbids. ;_;

Edit: Oh and they better not try to make Amy "sexy".

Edited by Sanji07, 07 February 2014 - 08:20 PM.

Posted Image

^0w0^

Posted Image