Photo

Can we please bring back the old favicon?

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
7 replies to this topic

Tai
Tai
  • lke
  • 9,365 Posts

Posted 07 February 2014 - 08:49 PM

I much preferred the pipeline symbol over the triforce. There is absolutely no reason why it should of changed. Or at the very least can someone make a userscript to bring the old one back on the user level?

Posted Image

I AM AND I ARE ALL WE

Spin
Spin

Absolute Zero

• Ness
  • 7,455 Posts

Posted 08 February 2014 - 02:58 PM

You mean the triforce up there? Yeah it bothers me too.

hA0AZYy.png

Top Bunk
Top Bunk

Top Bunk

• Administrator
  • 15,542 Posts

Posted 08 February 2014 - 03:45 PM

I've been meaning to change it back, and I'm not sure why Mage changed it in the first place. But idk what he did with the original icon. I'll have to see if I can relocate it somehow.

bZCTZfr.png

Spoiler

JackSpade
JackSpade

Unranked Lurker

• Shy Guy
  • 48 Posts

Posted 08 February 2014 - 03:51 PM

@Tai The favicon symbol changed through Best Leader Mage's discretion and the art abilities of myself.

L106lEL.jpg

Top Bunk
Top Bunk

Top Bunk

• Administrator
  • 15,542 Posts

Posted 08 February 2014 - 04:06 PM

Nope, found it and working on changing it back now. Oddly enough, it keeps defaulting the old image I copy over though into the triforce image again for some reason. So looks like I gotta take the complicated route to do it.

Edit: There we go, fixed. Not sure what Mage even did when he changed it originally, but for some reason even deleting the triforce favicon from the host files and replacing it with the original favicon, kept making the replacement image turn into the triforce image again...

So I had to rename the original icon to something else and make those changes through each individual skin.

bZCTZfr.png

Spoiler

Tai
Tai
  • lke
  • 9,365 Posts

Posted 08 February 2014 - 05:30 PM

Much better! Somethings just shouldn't change!

Posted Image

I AM AND I ARE ALL WE

EZLO21
EZLO21

Owner of Zelda 101

• Thwomp
  • 651 Posts

Posted 10 February 2014 - 11:01 PM

Well the Triforce is ok for a Zelda Skin, but for other Skins no it should have changed.
Posted Image

Top Bunk
Top Bunk

Top Bunk

• Administrator
  • 15,542 Posts

Posted 10 February 2014 - 11:10 PM

A favicon is meant to be something to represent the forum within a tiny image. Most commonly, a logo, which is like a personalized signature of the whole site. The one I changed it back to is probably the best one we've ever had. It's sleek, clean, and simple.

Even for the Zelda skin, we should stick to one single favicon. It's the site's personalized logo all around.

bZCTZfr.png

Spoiler