Photo

Beautiful, Bravely Default.

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
75 replies to this topic

Autumn
Autumn

Sage

• Bullet Bill
  • 1,509 Posts

Posted 10 February 2014 - 11:18 PM

And the story is all laid out in a note book. Hard to get really lost in this game.  Woot, I just got pirate job. :P I am going to stop talking about this now, I am still too excited by it all. :) I do hope that anyone not sure, really thinks hard, and picks this up, it is really a not-to-be-missed game.

@Slasher, is the Ablink helping you? I hope I am doing it right. 

Edited by Autumn, 11 February 2014 - 12:12 AM.

Posted Image

Top Bunk
Top Bunk

Top Bunk

• Administrator
  • 15,537 Posts

Posted 11 February 2014 - 02:53 AM

I haven't used the abilink feature yet. I keep forgetting to try it out. :v I'll have to try using it.

bZCTZfr.png

Spoiler

Decho
Decho
  • Captain Falcon
  • 6,523 Posts

Posted 11 February 2014 - 03:54 PM

ive been playing it a lot lately and been reaaaaally enjoying it, barring some of the english voice choices (although really, the japanese va isn't too great either). the job system's pretty fun, too. ive been enjoying grinding some of those up to combine them later on.

Top Bunk
Top Bunk

Top Bunk

• Administrator
  • 15,537 Posts

Posted 11 February 2014 - 07:18 PM

ive been playing it a lot lately and been reaaaaally enjoying it, barring some of the english voice choices (although really, the japanese va isn't too great either). the job system's pretty fun, too. ive been enjoying grinding some of those up to combine them later on.

True, the voices aren't the greatest. But it's tolerable. The only one that really bugs me the most is Edea's. Ringabel's suits him well for his personality at least. Tiz is average and Agnés' is alright. That fire mage boss guy, Crowe or w/e probably had the most annoying voice I've ever heard before, and the stuttering (although meant to be intentional) only made it worse. :v

I haven't tried out the Japanese voices, so can't say much about those.

But considering how amazing the game is overall, the voices is only a miniscule thing.

bZCTZfr.png

Spoiler

Autumn
Autumn

Sage

• Bullet Bill
  • 1,509 Posts

Posted 11 February 2014 - 08:38 PM

Hmm, I liked all the voices so far. The crazed stutterer made me just howl with laughter, he was so petulant, always stomping his feet. The only one that is truly awful is the Performer's voice, I am trying to kill her now, only because I hate her voice so much, she just has to go. They sure make you work for a new job class lol. 

Well, I opened the fourth crystal, the Earth Crystal. I have a feeling things get sticky from here on out. I am going to spend a bit of time working my characters, they are all level 62 right now. My town reconstruction is almost all done, that was not too bad at all. I was sure it would take longer.

OH MY STARS!

Edited by Autumn, 17 February 2014 - 07:19 PM.

Posted Image

Top Bunk
Top Bunk

Top Bunk

• Administrator
  • 15,537 Posts

Posted 19 February 2014 - 10:34 PM

I need to progress farther. I'm only a bit above level 50, just awoke the fire crystal, yet still sticking around Eisenberg.

On the plus side, I finally got most of my jobs to level 6, aside from the Performer and Salve-Maker classes. Not to mention I finally have a character with level 11 Merchant. So I can use the Big Pharma money trick. Having the support ability on him and my red mage to have infinite use of MP while in critical. And a knight character to keep them protected in case the sleeping fails as a foolproof. Enemy is put to sleep and poisoned. Big Pharma is used while the red mage uses Sleep every single turn, since they're in critical with infinite MP. And then set to auto and fast forward. So I'm just sitting here right now listening to the money roll right in.

The reason I need to grind all this money is because I finished building all of Norende and need to buy the best equipment I can, plus all the special outfits. Hard mode is hard, and I can tell it's only getting harder. Enemies while trying to get to the Fire Temple gave me so much trouble with their countering. And the boss there wiped out my entire party in one blast except for my one character I had on Default, luckily. Which helped me revive and heal the rest of my characters to finish off the boss. I already have some pretty nice equipment and character setups. But I need even better stuff if I'm to continue.

bZCTZfr.png

Spoiler

Autumn
Autumn

Sage

• Bullet Bill
  • 1,509 Posts

Posted 20 February 2014 - 09:27 AM

I am in chapter 5 and is is tough. Still trying to get the Vampire job (he is one tough cookie). It is very easy now to level up very fast and get job classes up in a heart beat, and money is not a problem. But it is a bit of a shock after chapter 4. I am really going slow now and thinking about how I want to do things. 90 plus hours playing and not half way done as I see it. 

Posted Image

Top Bunk
Top Bunk

Top Bunk

• Administrator
  • 15,537 Posts

Posted 20 February 2014 - 05:34 PM

Oh man, if the game is even causing you to have to slow down, I'm definitely going to have to take more caution myself and prepare things ahead of time.

Early on in the game, it was relatively easy to just use Brave 4 times on all characters and attack regularly with all of them to get through battles easily. And then by chapter 3, I had to be careful of the tiger enemy's chomp attack that brings my character's health to 1 hp instantly. And even further in the chapter, having to worry about the enemies that can kill me with counter moves in 3-4 counters, rendering my 4x braving attacks as suicide rather than a method of killing the enemy.

I can't even imagine the enemies I'll have to face going on to chapter 4 and later.

And wow, that money trick. Let it continue going all night while sleeping. I now have 5,090,604 pg.

bZCTZfr.png

Spoiler

Autumn
Autumn

Sage

• Bullet Bill
  • 1,509 Posts

Posted 20 February 2014 - 06:05 PM

I don't want to spoil anything, but yes, be prepared (if you are like me, your head is gonna go WHAAAAAA)  and get as many jobs on as many as you can, they are all useful.  It is crazy, fun, but crazy. I know that the job I use the most is Summoner, very important for me, and performer and spiritmaster, and as happens now the Templar should prove valuable in the upcoming battle. Arcanist is fun but I can't see a use in Boss battles for it. I really want the vampire. 

Posted Image

Top Bunk
Top Bunk

Top Bunk

• Administrator
  • 15,537 Posts

Posted 20 February 2014 - 07:25 PM

I have all my jobs I currently have (except for two of them) at level 6. Might go and bump them all up to 8. The abilink feature has been helping me grind, thanks to your Monk class. Able to have Natural Talent added with P.Atk +10% and P.Atk +20% in my 4 support ability slots. Maximizing my attack power to sweep things with. At least on the overworld. Not gonna try and chance it with the enemies that can counter attack. Once I get my own Monk to level 14, I may switch the abilink to one of my other characters to repeat the process.

Can't wait to get the other jobs though so I can try those out too.

bZCTZfr.png

Spoiler

Hugh
Hugh

A Mann's Man

• 6,935 Posts

Posted 21 February 2014 - 03:22 PM

So the game is an RPG of sorts?

And I'm assuming jobs are attacks/moves and not actually jobs like "Work at pet store" or "Wash dishes"?

Top Bunk
Top Bunk

Top Bunk

• Administrator
  • 15,537 Posts

Posted 21 February 2014 - 04:56 PM

So the game is an RPG of sorts?

And I'm assuming jobs are attacks/moves and not actually jobs like "Work at pet store" or "Wash dishes"?

Yes, like a buffed up Final Fantasy game.

And not quite. The jobs are what the classes are called. Like the Monk, Black/White/Red Mage, Knight, Valkyrie, Ninja, etc. There's 24 different ones and they all excel with certain skills and weapons.

bZCTZfr.png

Spoiler

Hugh
Hugh

A Mann's Man

• 6,935 Posts

Posted 21 February 2014 - 06:07 PM

Ohhhh I see now, lol. I was just so confused. I might have to get this sometime.

Top Bunk
Top Bunk

Top Bunk

• Administrator
  • 15,537 Posts

Posted 21 February 2014 - 06:17 PM

Hopefully I cleared it up for you then. :v

I do highly recommend it. I absolutely love it, and the story gets pretty intense. So if you do end up getting it, I hope you end up enjoying it just as much.

bZCTZfr.png

Spoiler

Autumn
Autumn

Sage

• Bullet Bill
  • 1,509 Posts

Posted 21 February 2014 - 07:45 PM

I got Vampire, woot.  Wow, he is so hard to get. I did use a few friends, one of them was a guy named Slasher :D so thanks for that Slasher.  Now, onto what I should be doing.:D What an epic game.

Edited by Autumn, 21 February 2014 - 07:45 PM.

Posted Image

Top Bunk
Top Bunk

Top Bunk

• Administrator
  • 15,537 Posts

Posted 21 February 2014 - 07:53 PM

Yay, I was used~ okay, that sounds bad when taken out of context

And congrats on getting the Vampire!

I should probably re-send a special move next chance I get to use one. Somehow someone sent me a move that went over the 9999 limit, doing more than double that. I heard only moves that are used with SP can go over the limit. So I might try that and see how it goes.

bZCTZfr.png

Spoiler

Autumn
Autumn

Sage

• Bullet Bill
  • 1,509 Posts

Posted 21 February 2014 - 08:02 PM

Thanks, pretty happy about the genome ability, should be fun.  Gently used :P. Yes I have 2 people that have moves over 28 thousand.:) rather deadly lol. I try to do it with only my own characters might, but man, some times you need help. I keep sending moves each few battles, not sure if it does much, and I update a lot, to keep things current. Oh and to let you know how fast one can level up a job, well I am now at level 8 vampire on 2 characters, and I just got vampire not half hour ago. Level 9 now

Edited by Autumn, 21 February 2014 - 08:04 PM.

Posted Image

Top Bunk
Top Bunk

Top Bunk

• Administrator
  • 15,537 Posts

Posted 21 February 2014 - 08:23 PM

Certainly moves to save for dire needs. :p I try to see if I can get through on my own as well, but emergency situations do come up. I try to send moves when I can to keep updated, but sometimes it slips my mind. :v And I accidentally just sent a special move that was completely ineffective against a monster. Oops. Need to fix that :v

Leveling jobs seems to be getting easier for me as well, especially now that I have a Growth Egg to double my exp and jp earned. So currently working on that, at least getting all my jobs up to level 10. Then work on maxing them out as I go along. So yay to progress

bZCTZfr.png

Spoiler

Autumn
Autumn

Sage

• Bullet Bill
  • 1,509 Posts

Posted 23 February 2014 - 09:36 PM

Finally finished chapter 5. Now, to continue on this twisted path. I can open blue chests now and I have one more job to get. Wow, I have really no idea where this is all going, but it is becoming slightly clearer. 

Posted Image

Top Bunk
Top Bunk

Top Bunk

• Administrator
  • 15,537 Posts

Posted 23 February 2014 - 09:53 PM

Finally finished chapter 5. Now, to continue on this twisted path. I can open blue chests now and I have one more job to get. Wow, I have really no idea where this is all going, but it is becoming slightly clearer. 

I've been keeping track of all blue chest locations so I can return to them easier. So I'm looking forward to when I can finally open them. :v

bZCTZfr.png

Spoiler