Photo

Beautiful, Bravely Default.

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
75 replies to this topic

Autumn
Autumn

Sage

• Bullet Bill
  • 1,523 Posts

Posted 25 February 2014 - 08:36 PM

I got the conjurer job, that was one tough battle and I am all level 80. It took me three tries, with changing around a few main jobs I managed to get it right, and using a few pals into the bargain. Magic attacks do not work well against him. Now onward to see what we shall see. 

Posted Image

Top Bunk
Top Bunk

Top Bunk

• Administrator
  • 15,548 Posts

Posted 25 February 2014 - 09:21 PM

Congrats!

And lol. You're a few chapters ahead of me, yet I'm only 5 levels behind you at level 75 with all my characters.

I'm still grinding my jobs around the Eternia area. Running into the large pack of Mandragora makes for a nice 400+ JP when having the growth egg equipped. Makes for some nice grinding. As long as I don't screw up trying to kill them all. That party poison damage, so dangerous.

Fighting the soldiers in the central command fort area also works nicely, but sometimes they're faster than my slower characters when I have a job with a low speed stat, and it ruins the JP bonus.

bZCTZfr.png

Spoiler

Autumn
Autumn

Sage

• Bullet Bill
  • 1,523 Posts

Posted 25 February 2014 - 10:06 PM

Congrats!

And lol. You're a few chapters ahead of me, yet I'm only 5 levels behind you at level 75 with all my characters.

I'm still grinding my jobs around the Eternia area. Running into the large pack of Mandragora makes for a nice 400+ JP when having the growth egg equipped. Makes for some nice grinding. As long as I don't screw up trying to kill them all. That party poison damage, so dangerous.

Fighting the soldiers in the central command fort area also works nicely, but sometimes they're faster than my slower characters when I have a job with a low speed stat, and it ruins the JP bonus.

I always go to Eisen Region to level up. I spam summoning Promethian  fire against all the Skull Hunters and Samurai Zombies and get over 4,000 with bonus and 250 JP with bonus and over 4,000 pg. Aww, I want it to be a bit of a challenge and not a cake walk, if I was higher level it would be too easy:P.  Oh and the conjurer has a lovely gain MP ability that makes it so you rarely have to go anywhere to gain back MP so you can battle again.:).  You should find what awaits very easy. :D Hehe.

Posted Image

Top Bunk
Top Bunk

Top Bunk

• Administrator
  • 15,548 Posts

Posted 25 February 2014 - 10:21 PM

I always go to Eisen Region to level up. I spam summoning Promethian  fire against all the Skull Hunters and Samurai Zombies and get over 4,000 with bonus and 250 JP with bonus and over 4,000 pg. Aww, I want it to be a bit of a challenge and not a cake walk, if I was higher level it would be too easy:P.  Oh and the conjurer has a lovely gain MP ability that makes it so you rarely have to go anywhere to gain back MP so you can battle again.:).  You should find what awaits very easy. :D Hehe.

Lol, trust me, it doesn't make it any easier on me with my grinding. I'm playing it through on Hard mode. Anytime I think I grind enough to beat a boss, it surprises me and nearly wipes me out early on. I can't even imagine how difficult endgame will be even if I max everything out.

bZCTZfr.png

Spoiler

Autumn
Autumn

Sage

• Bullet Bill
  • 1,523 Posts

Posted 26 February 2014 - 10:36 PM

On  chapter 7 and everyone at level 87. Doing chapter 7 then on to....something. :D I highly suggest when you get the conjurer put it on everyone and get them to max level. You will have a great deal of fun with this job. :)

As of last night all my characters are level 99, I have been working on getting all jobs on all characters. It is fast going with the egg and a certain something. So in chapter 7 and going around beating all the sub bosses, that now come at you in packs, not just by themselves and the conversations are amusing. :)  Great fun and a bit tricky but so far I am doing very well. I just wanted to see if I could get some of the other great equipment and armour. 

Sunday, still in chapter 7 and soon will have all jobs on all characters at max.  I just had 4 big battles with the rest of the sub bosses (I just used Monk on all and conjurer as second job, except the last set of sub bosses, I had to change up a bit) , and did something else, now I am ready, well almost, to face a mega boss. Eek. Think I am going to try Valkyrie on all, see what happens. I always did like that jumping thing. 

http://bravelydefaul...tendo.com/quiz/

Edited by Autumn, 02 March 2014 - 07:02 PM.

Posted Image

Lugia Dragonite Guy
Lugia Dragonite Guy

Brave Frontier

• Captain Falcon
  • 7,079 Posts

Posted 05 March 2014 - 11:29 PM

Your Bravely Default job is...
WHITE MAGE
These healers use White Magic to support the party and keep the battle going.

Do your friends like you for you, or because you can magically heal them? What do you think?

-----------------------

Your Secondary Bravely Default job is...
NINJA
These sleek, slippery assassins can cut down foes quickly with a blade in each hand.

I'm a white ninja mage. I can deal with that.

browneyedgirlsarekillingbill_zpsb4ee5a57

Top Bunk
Top Bunk

Top Bunk

• Administrator
  • 15,548 Posts

Posted 05 March 2014 - 11:53 PM

7kGSM.jpg

7kGVf.jpg

A Ninja Time Mage / Time Ninja Mage. I approve it.

Also, the possible answers to some these questions were simply hilarious. made for some hard choices. :v

Also, got all my characters to level 99 and all my current jobs maxed, except for the Templar, since I only just got that job. But now I can continue on the story, yay.

bZCTZfr.png

Spoiler

Sanji07
Sanji07

Nya

• Kirby
  • 10,781 Posts

Posted 06 March 2014 - 01:03 AM

Can you guys link to the quiz?

Edited by Sanji07, 06 March 2014 - 01:03 AM.

Posted Image

^0w0^

Posted Image

Top Bunk
Top Bunk

Top Bunk

• Administrator
  • 15,548 Posts

Posted 06 March 2014 - 03:09 AM

Can you guys link to the quiz?

It's in Autumn's last post. But here it is. :v

bZCTZfr.png

Spoiler

Sanji07
Sanji07

Nya

• Kirby
  • 10,781 Posts

Posted 06 March 2014 - 03:54 AM

It's in Autumn's last post. But here it is. :v

Derp thanks. 8'D

Posted Image

^0w0^

Posted Image

Autumn
Autumn

Sage

• Bullet Bill
  • 1,523 Posts

Posted 06 March 2014 - 09:04 PM

Well, I am about to step into that light for the last time. I have had a few hours of some of the hardest battles in the game. Don't you just hate when you forget to change up a secondary job lol. 

Posted Image

Top Bunk
Top Bunk

Top Bunk

• Administrator
  • 15,548 Posts

Posted 06 March 2014 - 09:25 PM

Well, I am about to step into that light for the last time. I have had a few hours of some of the hardest battles in the game. Don't you just hate when you forget to change up a secondary job lol. 

Forgetting to change up a second job has screwed me over quite a few times. I's like, "Okay, I'm completely set for this boss now. Put on support abilities and equipment to deal maximum black magic and everything." -Starts the battle and notices I still have white magic set- "Ffffffffffffff-"

I also recently got the Vampire job, so I'm currently gathering all the genome abilities. Getting the hidden ones from the nemesis' might be tricky. But I should be able to get at least 3 of them in a round against Belphegor, I hope.

bZCTZfr.png

Spoiler

Autumn
Autumn

Sage

• Bullet Bill
  • 1,523 Posts

Posted 07 March 2014 - 11:12 AM

Wow! All finished all possibilities in Bravely Default. That was quite the game, and the story was really fun. Probably the longest rpg I have ever played, (rune factory 4 comes close though, for length). I hope to be able to play another game along these lines. There is a second game planned, a sequel to this, so that is something to look forward to. Great game!

Posted Image

Top Bunk
Top Bunk

Top Bunk

• Administrator
  • 15,548 Posts

Posted 08 March 2014 - 03:17 PM

I decided to try the false ending.

Spoiler

At least I don't mind giving myself early spoilers from doing so. :v

Though I was raising the Dark Knight job at the same time with all my characters and forgot to change them out during the boss fight, oops. At least I still had Agnés with the secondary job being Vampire. White Wind genome skill is so handy. Definitely wouldn't have survived without it. But yay, Vestal Garbs secured.

bZCTZfr.png

Spoiler

Autumn
Autumn

Sage

• Bullet Bill
  • 1,523 Posts

Posted 08 March 2014 - 08:08 PM

I decided to try the false ending.

Spoiler

At least I don't mind giving myself early spoilers from doing so. :v

Though I was raising the Dark Knight job at the same time with all my characters and forgot to change them out during the boss fight, oops. At least I still had Agnés with the secondary job being Vampire. White Wind genome skill is so handy. Definitely wouldn't have survived without it. But yay, Vestal Garbs secured.

Yay! I don't think it is much spoilers, I mean that is the natural progression of the story line and the way it should be played really. I am now running around fighting Nemisis and trying to catalogue any monsters I missed and get them all examined and get the genomes I may have missed and I think there are quite a few. 

Posted Image

Top Bunk
Top Bunk

Top Bunk

• Administrator
  • 15,548 Posts

Posted 08 March 2014 - 11:15 PM

Some of the nemesis are so hard. Especially a couple of the newer ones labeled as "???". I also somehow got a messed up level 99 Beelzebub. When I tried to fight it, it turned out to be an insanely overpowered Kamiizumi and I had no idea what was going on with that. Summoning Susano-o on me to nearly wipe everyone out, along with his counter attacks that always do 9999 damage to me for an instant kill. So I was really lost there and I deemed it impossible. Oh well.

I also got most of the genome abilities. Not sure if I'm going to get all monsters cataloged in this run though. I kinda forgot about sea monsters until after entering chapter 5. Though I could be wrong and already got them from what little sea travel I did do. If I missed any, I could just do New Game+ and finish things off, or see if they'll appear in the extra dungeon.

Is there any benefit to examining them all? I've been trying to do so anyways, but I haven't seen anything regarding it.

bZCTZfr.png

Spoiler

Autumn
Autumn

Sage

• Bullet Bill
  • 1,523 Posts

Posted 08 March 2014 - 11:38 PM

Some of the nemesis are so hard. Especially a couple of the newer ones labeled as "???". I also somehow got a messed up level 99 Beelzebub. When I tried to fight it, it turned out to be an insanely overpowered Kamiizumi and I had no idea what was going on with that. Summoning Susano-o on me to nearly wipe everyone out, along with his counter attacks that always do 9999 damage to me for an instant kill. So I was really lost there and I deemed it impossible. Oh well.

I also got most of the genome abilities. Not sure if I'm going to get all monsters cataloged in this run though. I kinda forgot about sea monsters until after entering chapter 5. Though I could be wrong and already got them from what little sea travel I did do. If I missed any, I could just do New Game+ and finish things off, or see if they'll appear in the extra dungeon.

Is there any benefit to examining them all? I've been trying to do so anyways, but I haven't seen anything regarding it.

I know, lol, I came up against a ??? nemesis that turned out to be level 99 White Mage and that guy who always wants to pound things lol, needless to say I gave up as I did not have the right jobs equipped for that battle. Hmm, I have not tried the game + yet, I thought I would mess around on my last save, maybe that is not a good idea? I forgot, I can't hunt sea monsters as my sea is all black...so...that means...healing yet another crystal, if I wish to continue. Maybe tomorrow I will have a look at game + lol. Examining, well just that it keeps the record of what they are weak to, but really I just hammer away at them and if I forget, trial soon tells me what works lol. But I am missing some sea, some human type and dragon, which confuses me, I wonder where I can find more dragons. 

Posted Image

Top Bunk
Top Bunk

Top Bunk

• Administrator
  • 15,548 Posts

Posted 09 March 2014 - 01:35 AM

Lol, makes me wonder if the japanese have more nemesis options. Since the one I've got had a japanese title/name for it and I couldn't find any other information regarding it.

A new game+ I would say is a good idea. You even get to choose all the things you want to keep or get rid of individually. So it would make it easy to go back and do it that way for completion's sake. :v Although if you are missing any monsters from Ch.4 and before, I think there's also a bonus dungeon that will have those monsters in it. Not exactly sure where it's at or how to get it as I didn't look much into it.. But still. At least the game is rather forgiving in letting you be able to complete it easily.

There's also apparently aquatic monsters that are not in in the sea, surprisingly. I decided to make a list for what monsters I'm still missing and apparently the only chapter 4 and before monster that I missed is the Fire D'Gon. All the others should be gettable, and I'll either do a new game+ myself or use the bonus dungeon to get that remaining enemy. After getting all the Ch.5+ enemies.

bZCTZfr.png

Spoiler

Autumn
Autumn

Sage

• Bullet Bill
  • 1,523 Posts

Posted 09 March 2014 - 09:32 AM

I think there are loads of nemesis, and some are obviously not really from old FF games (that is where they are from, right) some are just super powered sub bosses from Bravely. I have had ??? ones and ones with Japanese names. They get sent around the world and some come from enix. 

I kept everything for my New Game +, take everything, give nothing back.:) I also have been through the bonus dungeon one and half times, first time to loot it, now going through to get monsters and see just how tough they are, so far not that tough. Though not been to the very end to battle whatever lies in wait there. 

I found that if you just do all the marks on the map, then do all the crystals you don't miss anything, don't have to look up anything, other than maybe you want to know about monsters, all the sub bosses tell you what you need to know and the characters always say, lets head to such and such, I just ignored Airy and her, "Let's go to the crystal." rants.  And anything new gets marked on the map. Just keep fighting all the marks, then all the crystals, and you already broke one, it kinda gives a clue that maybe you should try to break one, though I got a bit lost and tried to break one half way through a cycle and it would not break, so I had to complete that cycle and then I broke the first one, that worked. 

I have not gone around to see if I could fight those dragons again, maybe I will do that, though I have them recorded, but I did not examine them last time. 

Addition. I spent the afternoon getting all the monsters, not the genomes but monsters, except a few must be in the dark aurora place, so I am opening all the crystals again, so I can get to the aurora and then I will be able to finish my monster list. And I wont' finish it again so my areas all stay open. :P

Edited by Autumn, 09 March 2014 - 07:06 PM.

Posted Image

Top Bunk
Top Bunk

Top Bunk

• Administrator
  • 15,548 Posts

Posted 16 March 2014 - 08:49 PM

I finally got all the genomes and the bestiary is complete, save for two monsters. One of them I can't get until I get access to the last area. The other one I ended up missing in chapter 4 and before.

I also just moved onto chapter 6. I am disappointed that all the bosses are back again... Took awhile to clear them out a second time in chapter 5, now I gotta do it again...

Do I even get anything like extra updated information, extra party chat scenes or anything special at all for beating them again?

Edit: Apparently I do get updated info and scenes... Welp, on one hand it makes me feel better because I probably would have beat them all again anyways, so the extra stuff is nice. But on the other hand, it's so tedious.

bZCTZfr.png

Spoiler