Photo

Beautiful, Bravely Default.

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
75 replies to this topic

Autumn
Autumn

Sage

• Bullet Bill
  • 1,509 Posts

Posted 16 March 2014 - 10:29 PM

I finally got all the genomes and the bestiary is complete, save for two monsters. One of them I can't get until I get access to the last area. The other one I ended up missing in chapter 4 and before.

I also just moved onto chapter 6. I am disappointed that all the bosses are back again... Took awhile to clear them out a second time in chapter 5, now I gotta do it again...

Do I even get anything like extra updated information, extra party chat scenes or anything special at all for beating them again?

Edit: Apparently I do get updated info and scenes... Welp, on one hand it makes me feel better because I probably would have beat them all again anyways, so the extra stuff is nice. But on the other hand, it's so tedious.

Congrats on completing all that. Yup, in each chapter you will have to beat all the sub bosses again and again in various groupings, and the conversations change. It is all rather exciting really, it gets harder as well. It can be tedious, but I only did not care for the crystal bit over and over again, I did not mind the boss fights. I left my game with everything open as I am really done with it, but I love the music so much in some places and I know I want to just go back and mess around now and then. I hope you enjoy the ending. 

Posted Image

Top Bunk
Top Bunk

Top Bunk

• Administrator
  • 15,537 Posts

Posted 17 March 2014 - 04:03 AM

Thanks~ But yeah, it still keeps things interesting at least. It's just a bit tedious when all my characters are already maxed out with everything. Makes me wish I still had stuff to level up, but I guess that's my own fault for grinding so much. :v

I also tend to brute force my way through boss battles, which works fine for most of them, but then for the later bosses I have to be a bit more strategic. And nemesis bosses are still ridiculously hard, at least the level 99 ones. Like when I tried to get Aeroja from Lucifer [+], I tried all sorts of things to beat him to no avail. And I couldn't find any sort of strategy to work against him. So I simply threw a bunch of defensive abilities onto my characters, waited for him to use Aeroja to get the genome ability, then fled the fight.

bZCTZfr.png

Spoiler

Top Bunk
Top Bunk

Top Bunk

• Administrator
  • 15,537 Posts

Posted 21 March 2014 - 02:02 AM

Ohman, I underestimated the bosses. By chapter 7, they group up more tactically. And now that I'm on chapter 8, they're even harder. Hard to keep my powerhouses alive with just Edea as my Spiritmaster + Healer. Agnés does fine as a Conjurer + Summoner, that 8k average damage to the entire group of bosses is nice. I have Ringabel as my Dark Knight + Spell Fencer powerhouse. Might need to tweak him for more damage output, but so far having him use a bow with bow lore, then casting Drain on it to use double Rage without losing any health works out nicely. Though he needs full BP to pull it off right. And Tiz is my backup as a Templar + Freelance/Misc. Takes very little damage with such high defenses, so if everyone else is wiped out he's guaranteed to still be alive to use phoenix feathers on Edea who can then revive and fully heal everyone else. Plus Rampart works out nicely. Having trouble finding any other setup that works out for me. Got through Chapter 7 and almost 8 now with it.

bZCTZfr.png

Spoiler

Autumn
Autumn

Sage

• Bullet Bill
  • 1,509 Posts

Posted 21 March 2014 - 07:41 AM

Time Mage with the last support, Hasten World gives everyone (including enemies) a BP at the end of each turn. You might consider the Valkyrie, with the Hasten World, if things get really sticky and I believe they do.:D  Monk is great with Templar as well. Also as a second job class Spiritmaster is very useful, stillness comes in handy as do the Fairy Ward and Enigma. (ah you have spiritmaster, great)

Edited by Autumn, 21 March 2014 - 07:41 AM.

Posted Image

Top Bunk
Top Bunk

Top Bunk

• Administrator
  • 15,537 Posts

Posted 21 March 2014 - 11:26 AM

The only issue with Hasten World is that giving the bosses more BP would only cause them to Brave more often and I run a higher risk of being wiped out in a single turn or two, especially now that they fight more strategically in groups, gaining BP to do just that. So with my current setup, it would be like setting my party up for a quick death.

I'm not quite sure how Monk and Templar go together. Templar is more focused on defense, while Monk is more focused on attack. However, the Monk is weaker statistically than the Freelancer class at this point because of the Freelancer's main ability.

Although if I bother to place attack into my Templar, I lose out on the defense I need. My Templar is my last line of defense in staying alive against anything the other characters can't handle. Although perhaps I could switch Freelancer to the main job and Templar as a secondary one. Even though I'd love out on equipment effectiveness, the raw stats might make up for that.

Currently my Spiritmaster + White Mage has been my best savior. Wearing a Brave Suit to start off with 1 BP, then using Stillness followed by Convert BP twice to keep my BP up. By the time Stillness ends after the second turn, I'd have enough BP to use either Fairy Ward or Enigma, or both. Depending on the bosses I'm up against. No need to waste BP on Enigma if none of the bosses use elemental damage though, and Fairy Ward is only useful against status ailment dealing bosses.

And you say to use it as a "second" job, but I have it as a primary job. It offers more MP which I need, as well as Mind and INT stats which are pretty critical for it. Maybe not so much INT, but Mind definitely. This combination maximizes the use I can get out of the classes. I also have Healing Lore and Holy One support abilities. Which allows a simple Cura to heal 9999 HP to my entire party at once. And even just Cure will heal at least 5k HP to everyone. I guess one could say it's overkill, or overheal in this case. But it's saved me a lot, especially when I get low on MP from using Convert BP. Though maybe I can replace Holy One with something else, keeping Healing Lore (as it's effectiveness with healing is the same, but applies to doubling th effectiveness of HP and MP healing items as well). I'm just not sure what to replace it with though.

bZCTZfr.png

Spoiler

Autumn
Autumn

Sage

• Bullet Bill
  • 1,509 Posts

Posted 21 March 2014 - 07:43 PM

LOL Slasher, you think a lot. I just did what felt right and I got through it all with no worries. :P I guess as long as it works and is fun that is what counts. And it was fun.:D 

Posted Image

Top Bunk
Top Bunk

Top Bunk

• Administrator
  • 15,537 Posts

Posted 21 March 2014 - 08:07 PM

That I do indeed. :v I have fun with it at least, but it's still difficult going up against bosses.

I did all the sub-bosses in Chapter 8 finally. Took me multiple tries though. That strategic AI boss setup.

After beating it the first time, I went to talk to Braev again afterwards, and had the option to fight everyone all over again... I tried it and apparently you have to fight them all in a row without a break inbetween. I got up to the 4th group before I ended up losing. I came so close too... Oh well, not going through that again.

bZCTZfr.png

Spoiler

Zae
Zae
  • Monty Mole
  • 393 Posts

Posted 03 April 2014 - 03:23 AM

i got the collecters edition of this game on release and only put 40 hours on it, im going to assume its pretty long though since i have the tenacity to look up peoples levels. :P

fun game though, also edea 4 life.

pew pew

Top Bunk
Top Bunk

Top Bunk

• Administrator
  • 15,537 Posts

Posted 03 April 2014 - 05:13 AM

i got the collecters edition of this game on release and only put 40 hours on it, im going to assume its pretty long though since i have the tenacity to look up peoples levels. :P

fun game though, also edea 4 life.

The collectors edition is so boss. <3

It's definitely pretty long though. I have over 300 hours logged before I decided to finally fight the last boss, although at least half that time was spent in sleep mode for sleep points, or being left on overnight to auto-money grind. So... yeah.

Also, we could add each other if you'd like. Using me with the Abilink feature may prove useful, considering I maxed everything out.  :v

bZCTZfr.png

Spoiler

Zae
Zae
  • Monty Mole
  • 393 Posts

Posted 03 April 2014 - 06:45 AM

The collectors edition is so boss. <3

It's definitely pretty long though. I have over 300 hours logged before I decided to finally fight the last boss, although at least half that time was spent in sleep mode for sleep points, or being left on overnight to auto-money grind. So... yeah.

Also, we could add each other if you'd like. Using me with the Abilink feature may prove useful, considering I maxed everything out.  :v

i have a strange habbit of never leaving my 3ds on for too long, usually afraid of it exploding. Thanks to the 360 of course.

But sure i could add you or you add me or wtf ever we need to do. |D

pew pew

Top Bunk
Top Bunk

Top Bunk

• Administrator
  • 15,537 Posts

Posted 03 April 2014 - 03:29 PM

i have a strange habbit of never leaving my 3ds on for too long, usually afraid of it exploding. Thanks to the 360 of course.

I never had an issue. :v I even left my 3DS on for over 80 hours before with no problems. Maxed out my money in the game while doing so. Lol.

Yay, awesome~

Here's my code then: 1633-4189-1270

bZCTZfr.png

Spoiler

Zae
Zae
  • Monty Mole
  • 393 Posts

Posted 03 April 2014 - 07:45 PM

I never had an issue. :v I even left my 3DS on for over 80 hours before with no problems. Maxed out my money in the game while doing so. Lol.

Yay, awesome~

Here's my code then: 1633-4189-1270

hmm will add later i guess the connection to my 3ds is being a bit wonkey, thanks though.

pew pew

Sanji07
Sanji07

Nya

• Kirby
  • 10,723 Posts

Posted 03 April 2014 - 09:36 PM

I always leave my 3DS off if I'm at home and not using it due to the low battery life. Sometimes it shuts off before I even get home. 8'|

Posted Image

^0w0^

Posted Image

Zae
Zae
  • Monty Mole
  • 393 Posts

Posted 04 April 2014 - 08:17 AM

I always leave my 3DS off if I'm at home and not using it due to the low battery life. Sometimes it shuts off before I even get home. 8'|

the battery life for 3ds is kinda painful because it seems to only last 4-5 hours if not connected to the charger.

Unlike my phone which lasts like 10 hours.

pew pew

Sanji07
Sanji07

Nya

• Kirby
  • 10,723 Posts

Posted 04 April 2014 - 06:46 PM

the battery life for 3ds is kinda painful because it seems to only last 4-5 hours if not connected to the charger.

Unlike my phone which lasts like 10 hours.

Exactly! A portable gaming device with a short battery life is not a good combination. 8'|

Posted Image

^0w0^

Posted Image

Zae
Zae
  • Monty Mole
  • 393 Posts

Posted 04 April 2014 - 08:01 PM

Exactly! A portable gaming device with a short battery life is not a good combination. 8'|

luckily for me i got a home charger and a vehicle charger.

ooooooooooh yeaaaaah

btw off topic

pew pew