Photo

Walking the Line

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
31 replies to this topic

Top Bunk
Top Bunk

Top Bunk

• Administrator
  • 15,537 Posts

Posted 01 April 2014 - 09:00 PM

Because April Fool's Day is just so boring.

How so? It should be enjoyable for anyone with a sense of humor.

bZCTZfr.png

Spoiler

Sunkissii
Sunkissii

It's that glow, I know

• Armos Knight
  • 3,375 Posts

Posted 01 April 2014 - 09:02 PM

Clearly. He doesn't understand the Master Of Fools like we do. :O

So let him be (Even though I disagree. But at the same time. If that's how he feels. That's fine. I respect it). Because all it matters is: As long as everyone else had fun. Then were good.

Edited by Sunny, 01 April 2014 - 09:12 PM.

wU2Pke4.gifD2qlmWT.gif I'm always happy. <3

EZLO21
EZLO21

Owner of Zelda 101

• Thwomp
  • 651 Posts

Posted 01 April 2014 - 10:34 PM

How so? It should be enjoyable for anyone with a sense of humor.

Because there is nothing funny about trying to fool people when it comes to Gaming news There I said it. Example Nintendo buying back Banjo-Kazooie from Microsoft It would be nice to see that back with Nintendo, But honestly tomorrow's headline about that will read Sorry guys we were wrong and Banjo-Kazooie is still a Microsoft IP and the Insert biggest Banjo-Kazooie Fan will cry, scream, and Whine like a Baby and say Why did you guys do this to me? That is not funny. Slipping on a Banana Pilling is much funnier then that.

Just thinking about someone slipping on a Banana Pilling is making me laugh lol.

Clearly. He doesn't understand the Master Of Fools like we do. :O
So let him be (Even though I disagree. But at the same time. If that's how he feels. That's fine. I respect it). Because all it matters is: As long as everyone else had fun. Then were good.

It is not that I don't understand it Sunny, it is just a boring day. But thanks for at least respecting that fact even if you disagree.
Posted Image

Top Bunk
Top Bunk

Top Bunk

• Administrator
  • 15,537 Posts

Posted 01 April 2014 - 10:51 PM

I don't really see that as boring. If people fall for it, then that means the joke is effective.

Slipping on banana peel is too cliche and unfunny. Pranks are best when they're new and original. Or at the very least, unexpected.

The fact that some companies even go out of their way to pull some kind of prank or joke makes it rather admirable. They're able to step out of professionalism even if just for a moment to trick people in a way that everyone can have a good laugh over it later on.

So I'm sorry, but I have to strongly disagree with you. And since this is my favorite day of the entire year, of course I will continue to defend it. Besides, why ruin the fun for everyone else? All you're doing is being a partypooper and making people who normally enjoy this day get down on themselves about it.

bZCTZfr.png

Spoiler

EZLO21
EZLO21

Owner of Zelda 101

• Thwomp
  • 651 Posts

Posted 01 April 2014 - 11:02 PM

I don't really see that as boring. If people fall for it, then that means the joke is effective.
Slipping on banana peel is too cliche and unfunny. Pranks are best when they're new and original. Or at the very least, unexpected.
The fact that some companies even go out of their way to pull some kind of prank or joke makes it rather admirable. They're able to step out of professionalism even if just for a moment to trick people in a way that everyone can have a good laugh over it later on.
So I'm sorry, but I have to strongly disagree with you. And since this is my favorite day of the entire year, of course I will continue to defend it. Besides, why ruin the fun for everyone else? All you're doing is being a partypooper and making people who normally enjoy this day get down on themselves about it.

While I respect that, April Fool's Day is just not my favorite day of the year Halloween is much better. Heck Christmas is much better then that too. But I do respectfully have to agree to disagree with you.
Posted Image

Sunkissii
Sunkissii

It's that glow, I know

• Armos Knight
  • 3,375 Posts

Posted 01 April 2014 - 11:21 PM

Okay. Awesome. Both of you have 2 different opinions about the holiday. Awesome. As long as you two respect each other of what each other is saying. Then we are in good terms. Though at the same time. Not to jump into either side or so. Fools day is about having fun in general. Meaning, it doesn't have to be about gaming or your favorites systems or whatever. It could be anything. But that's me.

EZLO21
EZLO21

Owner of Zelda 101

• Thwomp
  • 651 Posts

Posted 01 April 2014 - 11:51 PM

Okay. Awesome. Both of you have 2 different opinions about the holiday. Awesome. As long as you two respect each other of what each other is saying. Then we are in good terms. Though at the same time. Not to jump into either side or so. Fools day is about having fun in general. Meaning, it doesn't have to be about gaming or your favorites systems or whatever. It could be anything. But that's me.

Yeah that is True Sunny, I just take Nintendo Gaming Jokes more seriously whether they are true or false, because well I enjoy Nintendo's games and are passionate about covering them and like to post and read and hear about the more real news like GBA Games coming to the Wii U VC Service for example. My website started about only Zelda but I realized I like Mario and Sonic and Mega Man and then I started covering multiple Gaming series like Mega Man and other stuff I have played and not played too. So hearing April Fool's jokes about Nintendo Gaming Stuff minus the Wii Jokes just seemed boring and meh to me I guess.

But for those fooled I will say I would laugh about those who take them as fact and run with them.
Posted Image

Sunkissii
Sunkissii

It's that glow, I know

• Armos Knight
  • 3,375 Posts

Posted 02 April 2014 - 12:17 AM

Yeah that is True Sunny, I just take Nintendo Gaming Jokes more seriously whether they are true or false, because well I enjoy Nintendo's games and are passionate about covering them and like to post and read and hear about the more real news like GBA Games coming to the Wii U VC Service for example. My website started about only Zelda but I realized I like Mario and Sonic and Mega Man and then I started covering multiple Gaming series like Mega Man and other stuff I have played and not played too. So hearing April Fool's jokes about Nintendo Gaming Stuff minus the Wii Jokes just seemed boring and meh to me I guess.

But for those fooled I will say I would laugh about those who take them as fact and run with them.

And that's fine. However you take it. But you need to understand without jumping the gun.

That today was Shoe's birthday. Which also happens to fall on the April fool's holiday (And you know. Some birthdays end up on a holiday). But that's beside the point. My whole point was: As I said, today was Shoe's birthday. Hence all the joking reference of "walking the line, birthday thread, shoes, etc." It wasn't about Nintendo or anything in that range. We just wanted to say Happy birthday to him. But in a interesting way.

That's why you see many threads about him. We were having a fools party for him. But it wasn't like a "harsh way." It was all done for fun, positive way.

EZLO21
EZLO21

Owner of Zelda 101

• Thwomp
  • 651 Posts

Posted 02 April 2014 - 12:45 AM

And that's fine. However you take it. But you need to understand without jumping the gun.

That today was Shoe's birthday. Which also happens to fall on the April fool's holiday (And you know. Some birthdays end up on a holiday). But that's beside the point. My whole point was: As I said, today was Shoe's birthday. Hence all the joking reference of "walking the line, birthday thread, shoes, etc." It wasn't about Nintendo or anything in that range. We just wanted to say Happy birthday to him. But in a interesting way.

That's why you see many threads about him. We were having a fools party for him. But it wasn't like a "harsh way." It was all done for fun, positive way.

Ok and that is understandable.
Posted Image

Buffinator
Buffinator
  • Waddle Dee
  • 12 Posts

Posted 02 April 2014 - 11:12 PM

I am a walker I get out and walk just about every day except for when its cold out or bad weather like its been for much of this winter and early spring here where I live. I also ride a exercise bike in my basement you know the kind that you peddal and stays in one spot. I still play some games not much nintendo but I do have games on the computer. I also am disabled I have some disabilities.

Lustwaffle
Lustwaffle
  • Goomba
  • 7 Posts

Posted 03 April 2014 - 03:23 AM

I saw this in my email and seriously thought the Genisis (or whatever subtle, non-gaming forum name it was for a while) mistake was happening again.

Top Bunk
Top Bunk

Top Bunk

• Administrator
  • 15,537 Posts

Posted 03 April 2014 - 05:03 AM

I saw this in my email and seriously thought the Genisis (or whatever subtle, non-gaming forum name it was for a while) mistake was happening again.

Lol, you should stick around instead and ensure that those mistakes never happen then. :v

bZCTZfr.png

Spoiler