Photo

New NES game - Armed For Battle - real time strategy

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
14 replies to this topic

rizz1010
rizz1010
  • Goomba
  • 8 Posts

Posted 02 April 2014 - 03:56 PM

NEW:

Armed For Battle is now available in either a Loose Cartridge or Cartridge In Box!
Details and purchase information is at infiniteneslives.com

Hi all,

Armed For Battle is my brand new strategy game for the Nintendo Entertainment System.
I've been working on it for over 2 years, and it is nearly ready for a cartridge release.

At Midwest Gaming Classic (April 12 & 13 in Wisconsin), I will have a special demo available to play.
I also have a demo available to play right now at my blog.
http://1010howe.blogspot.com/

Here are 3 trailers showing gameplay (a little old now):

Trailer 3 - showing Battle View

Trailer 2 - showing World View

Trailer 1 - showing Castle View where you build your town
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=X7V_CSzbwaI
(this view has been modified just a bit for the final product)

More recent videos (gameplay tutorials) are on my youtube channel.

The box and manual are currently in production.

IMG_8866_zpscd71fa64.jpg

PM me with your email, and I will send you important updates, such as the cartridge release.
Or you can watch my blog, which gets updated about every week.

afbbrochure600_zps771cd66a.png

Edited by rizz1010, 02 July 2014 - 12:24 AM.

Top Bunk
Top Bunk

Top Bunk

• Administrator
  • 15,548 Posts

Posted 02 April 2014 - 05:05 PM

Wow, look at those high graphics, all those details. It must be the latest in technology and I must have it. I'll take it for $100. I know it should be worth $150, but I'm rough on cash right now.

bZCTZfr.png

Spoiler

MageLeif
MageLeif

Tidal Trickster

• Administrator
  • 10,668 Posts

Posted 02 April 2014 - 05:31 PM

sorry bro I only play League of Legends nowadays what's this "Nintendo" thing?

Tai
Tai
  • lke
  • 9,365 Posts

Posted 02 April 2014 - 11:09 PM

So what tools are you using to dev for the nes?

Posted Image

I AM AND I ARE ALL WE

China Cat Sunflower
China Cat Sunflower

Changing this would help

• Rattata
  • 190 Posts

Posted 02 April 2014 - 11:20 PM

Rizz I think I'm in love with you.

You are doing exactly what I think people should be messing with these days. Making exciting games within the limited confines of the best gaming platform ever created.

rizz1010
rizz1010
  • Goomba
  • 8 Posts

Posted 03 April 2014 - 12:41 PM

So what tools are you using to dev for the nes?

I use Context for writing code (6502 assembly).  I use Tile Layer Pro for graphics.  For sound, I put it straight into code and then test it with my sound engine.

Rizz I think I'm in love with you.

You are doing exactly what I think people should be messing with these days. Making exciting games within the limited confines of the best gaming platform ever created.

Thanks!  One thing that I really like is that it can be done by one person.  The NES was lacking in RTS games, since that genre emerged after the NES's time.

rizz1010
rizz1010
  • Goomba
  • 8 Posts

Posted 30 May 2014 - 01:46 AM

I have some exciting things to share.

The Official Trailer
(featuring a few parts of the gameplay you likely have not yet seen)

The auction for 29 Limited Edition copies.

Pictures of the Limited Edition items

The auction will end on June 5th (less than a week), so check out the info above soon!

Ween
Ween
  • Rattata
  • 136 Posts

Posted 30 May 2014 - 08:53 PM

It's pretty neat that you're making a NES game and putting it on actual cartridges. 

I tried out the demo, it seems pretty complicated though, I couldn't get very far before I got a game over screen for some reason.
From the screenshots it looks like there's a lot of depth to it. 

Have you worked on anything else for the NES? 

Spoiler

rizz1010
rizz1010
  • Goomba
  • 8 Posts

Posted 02 June 2014 - 10:13 AM

It's pretty neat that you're making a NES game and putting it on actual cartridges. 

I tried out the demo, it seems pretty complicated though, I couldn't get very far before I got a game over screen for some reason.
From the screenshots it looks like there's a lot of depth to it. 

Have you worked on anything else for the NES? 

Glad to hear you tried it out.  I have a feeling you got a game over because you were attacked and had no troops ready for the battle (in the demo version, pressing the start button will automatically cause an incoming attack).  I hope you'll give it another try - I recommend building a Bow Workshop to make 20 Bows, and Build an Archer Guild to make 20 archers... and then press the start button for a battle.  Once you have a few basics like that, then you can try out some of the other buildings & troops.

I have written code for the NES and studied NES coding 2 or more years prior to this project, but this is the first game release I've had.

rizz1010
rizz1010
  • Goomba
  • 8 Posts

Posted 02 July 2014 - 12:23 AM

Armed For Battle is now available in either a Loose Cartridge or Cartridge In Box!

Thanks for looking!

MageLeif
MageLeif

Tidal Trickster

• Administrator
  • 10,668 Posts

Posted 02 July 2014 - 04:11 AM

Thanks for looking!

Wow, that looks insanely nice, and the way the website is set up with the game's presentation is also extremely well-done as well.

rizz1010
rizz1010
  • Goomba
  • 8 Posts

Posted 02 July 2014 - 11:22 AM

Wow, that looks insanely nice, and the way the website is set up with the game's presentation is also extremely well-done as well.

Thank you Tundra Fizz.  By the way, I see you are at Digipen?  That's where I was in 1997, at the original Vancouver school.  :)   How's Claude?

MageLeif
MageLeif

Tidal Trickster

• Administrator
  • 10,668 Posts

Posted 02 July 2014 - 11:24 PM

Thank you Tundra Fizz.  By the way, I see you are at Digipen?  That's where I was in 1997, at the original Vancouver school.  :)   How's Claude?

Wow that's pretty cool that you went to DigiPen too :'D

He's doing well, though I don't see him too often now since I'm taking two summer classes (and have one class on Monday through Thursday).

I heard some horror stories about DigiPen's previous location, with one of the worst things being how there was no air conditioning so it was extremely hot and stuffy. I'm kind of glad I didn't have to go through that :o

rizz1010
rizz1010
  • Goomba
  • 8 Posts

Posted 10 October 2014 - 11:36 AM

Armed For Battle will be at the Portland Retro Gaming Expo happening next weekend!

At the Infinite NES Lives booth, you can come see and demo the game.  You'll also be able to save on shipping AND get an additional $5 off with the coupon at my blog.

I'm very excited to be in attendance this year at the show!

rizz1010
rizz1010
  • Goomba
  • 8 Posts

Posted 21 November 2014 - 03:14 PM

Sale coming up!

Armed For Battle will be $5 off from Black Friday through Cyber Monday (11/28 - 12/1).

If you haven't been to  InfiniteNESLives lately, 2 other homebrews have been added to the products page.