Photo

New Ace Attorney Game - with a TWIST

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
27 replies to this topic

Hugh
Hugh

A Mann's Man

• 6,935 Posts

Posted 24 April 2014 - 07:02 PM

The next Ace Attorney game... is set in the past. But not just before Phoenix, but wayyyy back in the Meiji era of Japan! I don't know when that was but a long time ago from the looks of it!

Bl0zhXKCcAAiLU0.jpg

Top Bunk
Top Bunk

Top Bunk

• Administrator
  • 15,537 Posts

Posted 24 April 2014 - 08:34 PM

Ohman, I was wondering when there would be another game. This looks pretty cool, and if I'm understanding it wright, the main character in this is one of Phoenix Wright's ancestors? That's what I seem to gather from when it at least. Not to mention those facial features are pretty spot on similar to his.

bZCTZfr.png

Spoiler

Tai
Tai
  • lke
  • 9,365 Posts

Posted 24 April 2014 - 08:47 PM

You mean the Meiji era of Las Angeles

Posted Image

I AM AND I ARE ALL WE

Hugh
Hugh

A Mann's Man

• 6,935 Posts

Posted 24 April 2014 - 08:58 PM

a84k1a8.png

But seriously, I don't think that they will even try shoehorning this into the States. I hope. But it would probably hilarious if they tried.

Sanji07
Sanji07

Nya

• Kirby
  • 10,723 Posts

Posted 24 April 2014 - 09:32 PM

You mean the Meiji era of Las Angeles

a84k1a8.png

But seriously, I don't think that they will even try shoehorning this into the States. I hope. But it would probably hilarious if they tried.

I still don't understand why the setting was changed. Not all games have to take place in the US just because they're translated. -_-

Posted Image

^0w0^

Posted Image

MageLeif
MageLeif

Tidal Trickster

• Administrator
  • 10,668 Posts

Posted 25 April 2014 - 12:29 AM

Another Ace Attorney game announced so soon?

I LOVE YOU CAPCOM <3

Top Bunk
Top Bunk

Top Bunk

• Administrator
  • 15,537 Posts

Posted 25 April 2014 - 12:40 AM

I still don't understand why the setting was changed. Not all games have to take place in the US just because they're translated. -_-

The setting has been changed to the US ever since the first game. Likely because back during that time, Japanese references and such would have been confusing for most people here to understand. Thus they did what they could change things up in ways an American audience would understand. But then the internet and gaming societies became intertwined and people no longer get confused about that stuff. But it's too late for them to change it back now. Unless they did some massive tweaking for the story on how he ends up in the US. Although I guess technically there's like a 3 generation gap, so they could actually keep it in Japan for this game and just explain that a future generation moved to the US within that time. Then as long as they don't make more AA games to fill in that time gap, then everything would work out fine.

bZCTZfr.png

Spoiler

Sanji07
Sanji07

Nya

• Kirby
  • 10,723 Posts

Posted 25 April 2014 - 02:59 AM

The setting has been changed to the US ever since the first game. Likely because back during that time, Japanese references and such would have been confusing for most people here to understand. Thus they did what they could change things up in ways an American audience would understand. But then the internet and gaming societies became intertwined and people no longer get confused about that stuff. But it's too late for them to change it back now. Unless they did some massive tweaking for the story on how he ends up in the US. Although I guess technically there's like a 3 generation gap, so they could actually keep it in Japan for this game and just explain that a future generation moved to the US within that time. Then as long as they don't make more AA games to fill in that time gap, then everything would work out fine.

I understand how some of the Japanese references could be confusing. It's just weird to change the actual country itself. If you tell me a story takes place in Japan, then I'll understand that it takes place in Japan. Not to mention that would have been a great opportunity to educate us a bit on Japanese culture, but I guess that opportunity has passed.

Posted Image

^0w0^

Posted Image

Hugh
Hugh

A Mann's Man

• 6,935 Posts

Posted 25 April 2014 - 09:59 PM

Some new info is out.

- It is a new series, called The Great Ace Attorney

- The protagonist is Phoenix Wright's ancestor

- Set in late 1800s, early 1900s for those who don't know when that time period was

Sanji07
Sanji07

Nya

• Kirby
  • 10,723 Posts

Posted 25 April 2014 - 11:09 PM

Some new info is out.

- It is a new series, called The Great Ace Attorney

- The protagonist is Phoenix Wright's ancestor

- Set in late 1800s, early 1900s for those who don't know when that time period was

WILL EDGEWORTH'S ANCESTOR BE IN IT TOO???

Posted Image

^0w0^

Posted Image

Top Bunk
Top Bunk

Top Bunk

• Administrator
  • 15,537 Posts

Posted 25 April 2014 - 11:15 PM

WILL EDGEWORTH'S ANCESTOR BE IN IT TOO???

Sanji just loves fancy rich snarky guys. First Pegasus, now Edgeworth.

bZCTZfr.png

Spoiler

Sanji07
Sanji07

Nya

• Kirby
  • 10,723 Posts

Posted 25 April 2014 - 11:16 PM

Sanji just loves fancy rich snarky guys. First Pegasus, now Edgeworth.

I didn't say I loved him THAT way.

Posted Image

^0w0^

Posted Image

Top Bunk
Top Bunk

Top Bunk

• Administrator
  • 15,537 Posts

Posted 25 April 2014 - 11:17 PM

I didn't say I loved him THAT way.

Shh, it's okay. You can have crushes on all the fancy guys you want.

bZCTZfr.png

Spoiler

Sanji07
Sanji07

Nya

• Kirby
  • 10,723 Posts

Posted 25 April 2014 - 11:36 PM

I DIDN'T SAY I HAD A CRUSH ON HIM >///>

Posted Image

^0w0^

Posted Image

Top Bunk
Top Bunk

Top Bunk

• Administrator
  • 15,537 Posts

Posted 26 April 2014 - 01:12 AM

I DIDN'T SAY I HAD A CRUSH ON HIM >///>

That face says otherwise. Don't worry, we won't judge~

bZCTZfr.png

Spoiler

Sanji07
Sanji07

Nya

• Kirby
  • 10,723 Posts

Posted 26 April 2014 - 01:31 AM

ore_no_imouto_ga_konnani_kawaii_wake_ga_

Posted Image

^0w0^

Posted Image

Kea
Kea

memento mori

• Ness
  • 7,888 Posts

Posted 26 April 2014 - 06:15 PM

Meiji era is 1868-1912. It was a period of industrialization and Westernization in Japan where many old traditions were changed or abandoned in order to keep up with the West, who was at this time exploiting and humiliating China. Japan ended its isolation with the West and began to trade with them, evened out class lines (including more-or-less destroying the noble samurai class), centralized the government and created elections, established a "Japanese" national identity (which included the creation and standardization of the Shinto religion), and a lot of technological and military growth.

It sounds like a cool idea, I'm interested in what it'll be like. :3c There's a lot of cool things they could do with it. I wonder if a defendant will be a washed-up old samurai or something.

I hope they don't localize the game to the US. While an early LA setting would be interesting, the two settings are just so different that it would be awkward. They could just put in some throwaway line about immigration ("I've been thinking about retiring in California...") or something like that, it wouldn't be too hard.

Edited by Keatos, 26 April 2014 - 06:17 PM.

Posted Image

Sunkissii
Sunkissii

It's that glow, I know

• Armos Knight
  • 3,379 Posts

Posted 26 April 2014 - 06:46 PM

*sigh*

Even if she doesn't admit it (or so). Can you please leave her alone?

Because if you do. Then someday, she might admit it. And that's where we can- I mean what.

Ignore what I said. I wasn't trying to help you or anything. :vvv (Lol kidding)

Edited by Kryst, 26 April 2014 - 06:48 PM.

wU2Pke4.gifD2qlmWT.gif I'm always happy. <3

Top Bunk
Top Bunk

Top Bunk

• Administrator
  • 15,537 Posts

Posted 26 April 2014 - 09:54 PM

*sigh*

Because if you do. Then someday, she might admit it. And that's where we can- I mean what.

She knows I'm only joking. If she seriously wanted me to leave her alone, she would tell me to.

Otherwise it's just a fun gag to pull and go along with. No harm done. :v

Returning to the topic at hand. I forgot about the stuff in history Keatos mentioned. And it's making the game sound more interesting remembering that stuff now. I just hope they keep the setting in Japan though. They can still make a nice lead-in for how they came to the US. After all, traveling seems to be commonplace for some characters within the series. So it's not hard to pull off.

bZCTZfr.png

Spoiler

Sanji07
Sanji07

Nya

• Kirby
  • 10,723 Posts

Posted 26 April 2014 - 11:11 PM

*sigh*

She knows I'm only joking. If she seriously wanted me to leave her alone, she would tell me to.

Otherwise it's just a fun gag to pull and go along with. No harm done. :v

Returning to the topic at hand. I forgot about the stuff in history Keatos mentioned. And it's making the game sound more interesting remembering that stuff now. I just hope they keep the setting in Japan though. They can still make a nice lead-in for how they came to the US. After all, traveling seems to be commonplace for some characters within the series. So it's not hard to pull off.

Thanks, but it's okay. I wouldn't use image reactions if I was really offended. 8'D

As for this conversation....I have to (re)post this comic:

comic331_zps0e179cf7.png

Posted Image

^0w0^

Posted Image