Photo

'New' Nintendo 3DS & 3DS XL

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
65 replies to this topic

SakuraSaturn
SakuraSaturn

If sarcasm burned calories, I'd be a twig.

• Hammer Bro
  • 1,940 Posts

Posted 15 January 2015 - 12:36 PM

@Colette - I know a lot of people like the XL version exactly for this reason. What I am so mad about is the fact that North America is the only reason that isn't getting a choice. It's like Nintendo is telling us what we want rather than asking us nit the price for the XL was a little lower I wouldnt mind so bad but for my hubby and I both to have one we will have to fork out over 400 dollars. Guess I have to wait for mine then. The majors mask console is pretty and all and that's what he will probably end up getting but again why only the XL version? I'm fine with a regular sized handheld. By time I get to buy a new 3 DS of my own the majors mask one will be sold out. And hopefully the price willgo down n

hTWXg2b_zps1fbbe04e.png

Thank you, Princess Elysia for the awesome sig! ^_^

Sanji07
Sanji07

Nya

• Kirby
  • 10,750 Posts

Posted 15 January 2015 - 04:22 PM

@Colette - I know a lot of people like the XL version exactly for this reason. What I am so mad about is the fact that North America is the only reason that isn't getting a choice. It's like Nintendo is telling us what we want rather than asking us nit the price for the XL was a little lower I wouldnt mind so bad but for my hubby and I both to have one we will have to fork out over 400 dollars. Guess I have to wait for mine then. The majors mask console is pretty and all and that's what he will probably end up getting but again why only the XL version? I'm fine with a regular sized handheld. By time I get to buy a new 3 DS of my own the majors mask one will be sold out. And hopefully the price willgo down n

This. Maybe Nintendo will release the regular versions later on?

Custom faceplates remind me think of this:

game-boy-micro-fl6-800.jpg

Posted Image

^0w0^

Posted Image

Colette
Colette
  • Thwomp
  • 711 Posts

Posted 15 January 2015 - 04:33 PM

I hope they realize the backlash from Nintendo fans, that North America is the only region not getting the regular new 3DS system. Not everyone likes the bigger size and @SakuraSaturn made a great point about the price difference (which I didn't even consider). I don't really like that the new 3DS XL system doesn't come with a charger, just seems like a way for Nintendo to get out of another expense.

The Majora's Mask new 3DS XL system in North America only receives the system, while most other countries got the system with the game pre-installed on it.

Posted Image

Justice and love will always win

SakuraSaturn
SakuraSaturn

• Hammer Bro
  • 1,940 Posts

Posted 15 January 2015 - 05:04 PM

I hope they realize the backlash from Nintendo fans, that North America is the only region not getting the regular new 3DS system. Not everyone likes the bigger size and @SakuraSaturn made a great point about the price difference (which I didn't even consider). I don't really like that the new 3DS XL system doesn't come with a charger, just seems like a way for Nintendo to get out of another expense.

The Majora's Mask new 3DS XL system in North America only receives the system, while most other countries got the system with the game pre-installed on it.

Wait...WHAT?! You don't get the game with the Majora's Mask system? We got the game with the Ocarina of Time LE console and the New Super Mario Bros. 2 LE console. Granted, the game did not come with the Pokemon X and Y LE consoles. But if other regions are getting this stuff, it honestly isn't fair that we don't. I've pretty much accepted that Japan gets awesome distros and more LE consoles and stuff...I get that. It's where Pokemon and Nintendo originate from and Pokemon is a lot bigger in Japan than it is here. (And like I said, the Japanese created the game.)

Shaking my head at Nintendo...

hTWXg2b_zps1fbbe04e.png

Grooms
Grooms

King of Contests

• Hammer Bro
  • 1,999 Posts

Posted 16 January 2015 - 07:56 AM

WHAT'S THAT? I CAN'T HEAR ANY OF YOU OVER

zt4cxkpkpkc7ys4im9rg.png

But srsly, it is weird that Nintendo is just like skipping over the regular sized one. However, since my girlfriend and I will be buying the Majora's Mask 3DS no matter what, I don't care too much.

I'm happy with the Majora's Mask new 3DS XL that I was able to pre-order from Best Buy.

I AM SO JEALOUS. I totally forgot to pay attention to the Nintendo Direct, and by the time I found out it was already sold out everywhere. Apparently you'll be able to pre-order it from the Nintendo of America site soon though, so I'm going to obsessively be checking up on that until it happens.

majorasmask.jpg

Colette
Colette
  • Thwomp
  • 711 Posts

Posted 16 January 2015 - 10:55 AM

@Grooms

I got lucky actually. Gamestop was the first retailer to put it on their site and it sold out within the first hour, and I was really upset I couldn't get it. At the time I thought it was a Gamestop exclusive so I went ahead and bought one on eBay. Best Buy put it up later in the day and I just so happened to be browsing twitter when someone I followed advertised it. That was the quickest I have ever ordered anything. I then went and promptly canceled the one I bought on eBay. I wish you luck in obtaining one.

Posted Image

Justice and love will always win

Platinum Chaos
Platinum Chaos

Deku Merchant

• Bob-omb
  • 99 Posts

Posted 20 January 2015 - 11:46 PM

Yeah it's a bit silly that Nintendo aren't giving North America the option of a normal sized New 3DS. 

I'm not that fussed about the New 3DS yet myself anyway, until there is a good library of games that utilize the device I'm happy with my normal 3DS XL. :v 

YuoBfER.png

e7fi90.png

Grooms
Grooms

King of Contests

• Hammer Bro
  • 1,999 Posts

Posted 24 January 2015 - 09:15 AM

I finally was able to pre-order the Majora's Mask 3DS!! :D Now I'm considering seeing if the other GameStop in my town has one so I can either

1) sell it to someone I know for the normal price :happybig:

2) sell it on eBay after they're all sold out for more money.  :plotting:

majorasmask.jpg

Top Bunk
Top Bunk

Top Bunk

• Administrator
  • 15,542 Posts

Posted 24 January 2015 - 12:47 PM

I finally was able to pre-order the Majora's Mask 3DS!! :D Now I'm considering seeing if the other GameStop in my town has one so I can either

1) sell it to someone I know for the normal price :happybig:

2) sell it on eBay after they're all sold out for more money.  :plotting:

If you manage to find another one, I'd be willing to buy it off you.

Same goes for if you find an MH4 New 3DS XL. I got one pre-ordered myself already, but my bro (Kimogaron on here) was wanting one too, and by the time he told me he wanted one it was too late.

I'd of course cover all shipping charges too and even give a little extra if you want.

bZCTZfr.png

Spoiler

Top Bunk
Top Bunk

Top Bunk

• Administrator
  • 15,542 Posts

Posted 23 February 2015 - 10:38 PM

No new posts here since the New 3DS release? I'm surprised.

I have one and I love it. It boots up much faster than the previous 3DS systems. And games load up and close out in an instant. The c-stick nub works out better than I expected it to as well.

My only complaints is that the power button is on the bottom and I have to be careful to not let the bottom part of the 3DS touch a solid surface for fear of accidentally shutting off mid-game. And also that the stylus is on the bottom too. Still find it annoying having to pull it out and put it away in a timely manner. Half the time I just keep the stylus held between my pinky and middle finger as I play so I don't have to worry about taking it out later.

bZCTZfr.png

Spoiler

Fatal
Fatal
  • Rattata
  • 151 Posts

Posted 24 February 2015 - 02:46 AM

I would start saving up for one of these if supply wasn't so limited. What's the point if nobody is making them?

Top Bunk
Top Bunk

Top Bunk

• Administrator
  • 15,542 Posts

Posted 24 February 2015 - 04:27 AM

I think Nintendo is just playing it safe with such limited stock. The first time they sold the original 3DS, sales went poorly and they had to take pay cuts and everything. Although now they're having a different problem where the demand is much higher than what they're giving. I can only theorize, but I'd assume that they're trying to keep stock limited to keep the demand up, making people want to buy one as soon as they can instead of waiting it out for fear of missing their chance to get one. Though I don't really think it's an effective plan, because then they're just making other people resort to buying from scalpers instead.

bZCTZfr.png

Spoiler

SakuraSaturn
SakuraSaturn

• Hammer Bro
  • 1,940 Posts

Posted 24 February 2015 - 03:09 PM

I think it is a little lame that the New 3DS is in such limited stock, but I do understand what The Top (you're welcome) is saying. I am still fuming that North America doesn't get the regular New 3DS with all the fancy faceplates and everything.

I'd love to get my hands on this faceplate...

pikachucover.jpg

hTWXg2b_zps1fbbe04e.png

Sanji07
Sanji07

Nya

• Kirby
  • 10,750 Posts

Posted 25 February 2015 - 12:26 AM

I think it is a little lame that the New 3DS is in such limited stock, but I do understand what The Top (you're welcome) is saying. I am still fuming that North America doesn't get the regular New 3DS with all the fancy faceplates and everything.

I'd love to get my hands on this faceplate...

pikachucover.jpg

Oh man that is ADORABLE! I too am ticked off that we're getting the XL version, but that's due to my small hands. 8'|

Posted Image

^0w0^

Posted Image

SakuraSaturn
SakuraSaturn

• Hammer Bro
  • 1,940 Posts

Posted 25 February 2015 - 12:47 PM

Me too Sanji. For the exact same reason.

hTWXg2b_zps1fbbe04e.png

Sanji07
Sanji07

Nya

• Kirby
  • 10,750 Posts

Posted 25 February 2015 - 08:35 PM

Me too Sanji. For the exact same reason.

SMALL-HANDED PEOPLE UNITE!

Posted Image

^0w0^

Posted Image

SakuraSaturn
SakuraSaturn

• Hammer Bro
  • 1,940 Posts

Posted 25 February 2015 - 09:09 PM

SMALL-HANDED PEOPLE UNITE!

TOMORROW.....with all the procrastinators.

hTWXg2b_zps1fbbe04e.png

SakuraSaturn
SakuraSaturn

• Hammer Bro
  • 1,940 Posts

Posted 27 February 2015 - 11:04 PM

Well hello there Pipeline. It's kind of late and I'm quite sleepy. Soooo...I'm just going to throw this link up here and let ya'll take a look-see at it. (And I will not apologize for the double post...I REGRET NOTHING.)

http://www.zeldadung...ming-worldwide/

Majoras-Mask-Bundle-2-300x160.jpg

Sorry I get kind of silly when I get real sleepy...

hTWXg2b_zps1fbbe04e.png

Sanji07
Sanji07

Nya

• Kirby
  • 10,750 Posts

Posted 27 February 2015 - 11:17 PM

Well hello there Pipeline. It's kind of late and I'm quite sleepy. Soooo...I'm just going to throw this link up here and let ya'll take a look-see at it. (And I will not apologize for the double post...I REGRET NOTHING.)

http://www.zeldadung...ming-worldwide/

Majoras-Mask-Bundle-2-300x160.jpg

Sorry I get kind of silly when I get real sleepy...

Ooh thanks for the update. ^_^

Posted Image

^0w0^

Posted Image

SakuraSaturn
SakuraSaturn

• Hammer Bro
  • 1,940 Posts

Posted 01 March 2015 - 08:03 PM

I actually saw a New 3DS at Walmart today. But. We don't have the money to buy it now. Go figure.

I don't see a ton of hype surrounding these, but maybe I'm just missing it.

hTWXg2b_zps1fbbe04e.png