Photo

'New' Nintendo 3DS & 3DS XL

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
65 replies to this topic

Top Bunk
Top Bunk

Top Bunk

• Administrator
  • 15,543 Posts

Posted 01 March 2015 - 09:23 PM

I actually saw a New 3DS at Walmart today. But. We don't have the money to buy it now. Go figure.

I don't see a ton of hype surrounding these, but maybe I'm just missing it.

The reason for the lack of hype is that there are plenty of people who don't see the New 3DS as a new handheld. They think it's just another regular 3DS. Nobody even realizes that they will have their own games in the future that won't work on older 3DS handhelds. And they also don't realize how much more processing power it actually has, like doing comparisons myself I can clearly tell the difference there.

idk though, I'm rather hyped in having one, and I have no regrets about my purchase at all despite already owning two older 3DS's (both of which still work in perfect condition).

bZCTZfr.png

Spoiler

Spin
Spin

Absolute Zero

• Ness
  • 7,455 Posts

Posted 22 June 2015 - 03:56 PM

http://www.nintendol...r_north_america

Reggie hints SOMETHING toward New Nintendo 3DS. Nintendo Life thinks it's the smaller model coming over here. But I doubt.

hA0AZYy.png

Sanji07
Sanji07

Nya

• Kirby
  • 10,771 Posts

Posted 22 June 2015 - 07:22 PM

http://www.nintendol...r_north_america

Reggie hints SOMETHING toward New Nintendo 3DS. Nintendo Life thinks it's the smaller model coming over here. But I doubt.

PLEASE let the smaller version come over here. My hands are small so I have no need for an XL handheld, not to mention my current 3DS fits perfectly in my Jack Skellington plush/backpack. I don't care when it comes over here, I just hope it does. 

Posted Image

^0w0^

Posted Image

Colette
Colette
  • Thwomp
  • 711 Posts

Posted 22 June 2015 - 09:28 PM

@Spin

This should have been released when the other one was announced. Europe and Japan get the smaller 3DS version, and I never understood why Nintendo of America decided against it. Being able to change the faceplate is a pretty cool feature, that I wish the XL version also had. I'm assuming this will also have a lower price point which will allow other people to buy the new system.

Edited by Colette, 22 June 2015 - 09:28 PM.

Posted Image

Justice and love will always win

SakuraSaturn
SakuraSaturn

If sarcasm burned calories, I'd be a twig.

• Hammer Bro
  • 1,940 Posts

Posted 23 June 2015 - 06:07 PM

I am surprised to see Reggie hinting so strongly about this, especially since everyone knows the XL models are usually the most popular...everywhere. Also, I did not know that the 2DS was not available in Japan, so I guess this kind of evens things out a bit between Japan and NA, even if the 2DS is a poor substitute for the real thing...

I would love to see the base model come to North America. My wallet would hate it, but I would love it.

hTWXg2b_zps1fbbe04e.png

Thank you, Princess Elysia for the awesome sig! ^_^

B9M
B9M

In World 7-4, lost in that damn maze.

• Monty Mole
  • 307 Posts

Posted 31 December 2015 - 10:13 PM

Just got one for Christmas  :happybig: . Went with a red model. Not too thrilled with the dpad on it but otherwise it's pretty good.