Photo

amiibo

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
100 replies to this topic

SakuraSaturn
SakuraSaturn

If sarcasm burned calories, I'd be a twig.

• Hammer Bro
  • 1,940 Posts

Posted 22 December 2014 - 03:25 PM

@Spin - Very lame. :( Did you try contacting Customer Service?

hTWXg2b_zps1fbbe04e.png

Thank you, Princess Elysia for the awesome sig! ^_^

Top Bunk
Top Bunk

Top Bunk

• Administrator
  • 15,542 Posts

Posted 22 December 2014 - 03:41 PM

Probably not much that could be done aside from getting a refund though. Those amiibos are selling out super fast everywhere because people are still afraid of discontinuations. If you don't pre-order them from day one of release, you'll likely miss your chance at them. And there have been rumors of prices potentially getting jacked up because of this for later batches, assuming they release future batches.

bZCTZfr.png

Spoiler

Hugh
Hugh

A Mann's Man

• 6,935 Posts

Posted 22 December 2014 - 03:44 PM

Brilliant marketing by Nintendo, I must say. It reminds me of the old Beanie Baby craze.

Top Bunk
Top Bunk

Top Bunk

• Administrator
  • 15,542 Posts

Posted 22 December 2014 - 04:54 PM

Brilliant marketing by Nintendo, I must say. It reminds me of the old Beanie Baby craze.

Indeed, I never thought they would sell this well. But now I can't find them anywhere near my area. My oldest bro has been trying to buy all the new ones that come out as soon as they become available for pre-order. Since he doesn't want to take the chances of the prices being raised later. And there's much regret in not getting the first couple sets either.

bZCTZfr.png

Spoiler

Spin
Spin

Absolute Zero

• Ness
  • 7,455 Posts

Posted 22 December 2014 - 06:44 PM

oh no, they wouldn't even refund us. they said to keep it. 

hA0AZYy.png

Top Bunk
Top Bunk

Top Bunk

• Administrator
  • 15,542 Posts

Posted 22 December 2014 - 07:51 PM

They can't just do that. You paid for a specific product and didn't get the correct product you wanted. They have to take it back and either give you the right product in return or give a refund. You should definitely take some sort of action there.

bZCTZfr.png

Spoiler

Colette
Colette
  • Thwomp
  • 711 Posts

Posted 23 December 2014 - 11:05 AM

They can't just do that. You paid for a specific product and didn't get the correct product you wanted. They have to take it back and either give you the right product in return or give a refund. You should definitely take some sort of action there.

The only thing Toys R Us would do is give me a $15 Toys R Us credit for the amiibo that I can only use on their website. They wouldn't let me send it back because on the packing slip it stated that they sent a Little Mac (the one I preordered) when in fact I received a Samus. They also couldn't send me another Little Mac because they were sold out and were not expecting to get another shipment in. So now I am stuck with an extra Samus and $15 credit that I will probably never use.

On the brightside I was able to buy Little Mac on Amazon.

Posted Image

Justice and love will always win

Hugh
Hugh

A Mann's Man

• 6,935 Posts

Posted 23 December 2014 - 02:28 PM

I went to a Target last week in town here and there were loads of Amiibos. I think there was many Yoshis, several Little Macs and a couple of Zeldas. Oh and a bunch of DKs too. They don't seem to be selling out super fast here or anything.

Top Bunk
Top Bunk

Top Bunk

• Administrator
  • 15,542 Posts

Posted 23 December 2014 - 03:36 PM

The only thing Toys R Us would do is give me a $15 Toys R Us credit for the amiibo that I can only use on their website. They wouldn't let me send it back because on the packing slip it stated that they sent a Little Mac (the one I preordered) when in fact I received a Samus. They also couldn't send me another Little Mac because they were sold out and were not expecting to get another shipment in. So now I am stuck with an extra Samus and $15 credit that I will probably never use.

On the brightside I was able to buy Little Mac on Amazon.

I suppose you could try reselling the extra Samus then. There may still be places selling out on them and you could potentially make a profit off it from people who want it badly enough.

I went to a Target last week in town here and there were loads of Amiibos. I think there was many Yoshis, several Little Macs and a couple of Zeldas. Oh and a bunch of DKs too. They don't seem to be selling out super fast here or anything.

Lol, I guess it pays off to live in the middle of nowhere in Canada. :v

bZCTZfr.png

Spoiler

PsychoDuck
PsychoDuck

A duck what acts crazy-like

• Pikachu
  • 8,535 Posts

Posted 23 December 2014 - 06:18 PM

I have pretty good luck finding Amiibos in most stores here, too. I dunno, maybe it's mostly the Americans that're going nuts about this.

Oi00g.png

(2009-2013)

TwitterYoutube

The Duck Has Spoken.

Top Bunk
Top Bunk

Top Bunk

• Administrator
  • 15,542 Posts

Posted 23 December 2014 - 07:00 PM

Clearly I should just move to Canada then.

bZCTZfr.png

Spoiler

PsychoDuck
PsychoDuck

• Pikachu
  • 8,535 Posts

Posted 23 December 2014 - 07:20 PM

Clearly I should just move to Canada then.

Well heck, I could've told ya that

Oi00g.png

(2009-2013)

TwitterYoutube

The Duck Has Spoken.

Top Bunk
Top Bunk

Top Bunk

• Administrator
  • 15,542 Posts

Posted 23 December 2014 - 07:36 PM

Well heck, I could've told ya that

Okay, I'm coming over tomorrow. Prepare a room for me, pls.

bZCTZfr.png

Spoiler

PsychoDuck
PsychoDuck

• Pikachu
  • 8,535 Posts

Posted 23 December 2014 - 08:09 PM

Okay, I'm coming over tomorrow. Prepare a room for me, pls.

Sorry, no room at the inn. You'll have to stay in the crappy manger with the disease-riddled livestock.

Oi00g.png

(2009-2013)

TwitterYoutube

The Duck Has Spoken.

SakuraSaturn
SakuraSaturn

• Hammer Bro
  • 1,940 Posts

Posted 23 December 2014 - 11:05 PM

My hubby is getting the Link amiibo for Christmas (he just doesn't know it yet)...I'm quite anxious to see the stuff it unlocks when you use it in Hyrule Warriors! The Link amiibo isn't compatible with Mario Kart 8, however. This might actually give us a reason to purchase Super Smash Bros. Wii U.

hTWXg2b_zps1fbbe04e.png

Sanji07
Sanji07

Nya

• Kirby
  • 10,767 Posts

Posted 24 December 2014 - 02:27 AM

Same here. The Target here had quite a few Links, Zeldas, Peaches, Yoshis, Pikachus and Kirbies(?). Even a couple Diddy Kongs were available. 

Posted Image

^0w0^

Posted Image

Spin
Spin

Absolute Zero

• Ness
  • 7,455 Posts

Posted 24 December 2014 - 02:17 PM

I think its just the preorders selling out. That and Marth. I don't think I've seen a Marth in store.

hA0AZYy.png

SakuraSaturn
SakuraSaturn

• Hammer Bro
  • 1,940 Posts

Posted 26 December 2014 - 12:26 PM

Here's a video of Miyamoto talking a little about amiibo characters, as well as some other topics. (I also included this link in the "Zelda Wii U" thread.)

http://www.chieftain...bo-miyamoto-wii

hTWXg2b_zps1fbbe04e.png

gbwyoshi
gbwyoshi
  • Blooper
  • 1,304 Posts

Posted 26 December 2014 - 05:56 PM

My hubby is getting the Link amiibo for Christmas (he just doesn't know it yet)...I'm quite anxious to see the stuff it unlocks when you use it in Hyrule Warriors! The Link amiibo isn't compatible with Mario Kart 8, however. This might actually give us a reason to purchase Super Smash Bros. Wii U.

But Link does unlock something in MK8

1415251856-mario-kart-8-amiibo.jpg

I think its just the preorders selling out. That and Marth. I don't think I've seen a Marth in store.

Problem is you have to compete with the employees at the store along with the call-ins(Who can put things on hold exactly at opening)

SakuraSaturn
SakuraSaturn

• Hammer Bro
  • 1,940 Posts

Posted 26 December 2014 - 06:50 PM

But Link does unlock something in MK8

1415251856-mario-kart-8-amiibo.jpg

Well, that is quite interesting! I came across something that said the Link amiibo was not compatible. Unless it means in terms of the character actually being playable within the game. Then if that was the case, then none of these characters are playable in MK8.

hTWXg2b_zps1fbbe04e.png