Photo

amiibo

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
100 replies to this topic

Colette
Colette
  • Thwomp
  • 711 Posts

Posted 29 December 2014 - 03:15 PM

I suppose you could try reselling the extra Samus then. There may still be places selling out on them and you could potentially make a profit off it from people who want it badly enough.

Lol, I guess it pays off to live in the middle of nowhere in Canada. :v

Well I guess it wasn't all bad. Toys R Us recently sent everyone that had their amiibo preorders cancelled special links in an email to re-order the amiibos at a discounted rate of $10.99, plus I was able to use the $15 credit that they gave me. So I ended up getting 6 amiibos for about $8.50 each.

Posted Image

Justice and love will always win

Sunkissii
Sunkissii
  • Armos Knight
  • 3,410 Posts

Posted 30 December 2014 - 12:08 AM

I been seeing alot of Princess Peach and Kirby Amiibo around my area.

I guess they aren't as popular as the rest.

wU2Pke4.gifD2qlmWT.gif Always happy~

SakuraSaturn
SakuraSaturn

If sarcasm burned calories, I'd be a twig.

• Hammer Bro
  • 1,940 Posts

Posted 30 December 2014 - 09:08 AM

I keep seeing Donkey Kong, Mario, and Samus. I was seeing Link for a while, but they must have sold out at my local Walmart.

hTWXg2b_zps1fbbe04e.png

Thank you, Princess Elysia for the awesome sig! ^_^

Joshua
Joshua

The Watcher

• Bulborb
  • 846 Posts

Posted 05 January 2015 - 08:58 PM

I see every Mario, Zelda, and DK character frequently. I also see a lot of Pikachu and Kirby. Other amiibo do not exist.

261excw.gif nl74m9.gif vo0jnk.png

SakuraSaturn
SakuraSaturn

• Hammer Bro
  • 1,940 Posts

Posted 07 January 2015 - 12:38 PM

I haven't seen any of the second wave at all at my local Walmart. They did come out didn't they?

hTWXg2b_zps1fbbe04e.png

Top Bunk
Top Bunk

Top Bunk

• Administrator
  • 15,548 Posts

Posted 07 January 2015 - 12:51 PM

I haven't really been keeping up on them, but I'd suggest checking out other stores, more specifically GameStop or Best Buy. If the second batch is confirmed and they're not there, then it simply means they instantly sold out again.

bZCTZfr.png

Spoiler

PsychoDuck
PsychoDuck

A duck what acts crazy-like

• Pikachu
  • 8,535 Posts

Posted 07 January 2015 - 01:43 PM

I haven't seen any of the second wave at all at my local Walmart. They did come out didn't they?

My local Wal-Mart has a bunch of Luigis sitting around. No other wave 2 Amiibo to speak of, though.

Oi00g.png

(2009-2013)

TwitterYoutube

The Duck Has Spoken.

Colette
Colette
  • Thwomp
  • 711 Posts

Posted 07 January 2015 - 01:43 PM

Well Toys R Us canceled my Pit Amiibo order, for the second time after sending me a special link to reorder it. At least this time they refunded me the order amount and sent me two $15 certificates that I can use on their website. Not sure what I am going to do with $30 though....any ideas?

Posted Image

Sanji07
Sanji07

Nya

• Kirby
  • 10,781 Posts

Posted 07 January 2015 - 05:20 PM

Well Toys R Us canceled my Pit Amiibo order, for the second time after sending me a special link to reorder it. At least this time they refunded me the order amount and sent me two $15 certificates that I can use on their website. Not sure what I am going to do with $30 though....any ideas?

Cash them in at GameStop? 8'D

Posted Image

^0w0^

Posted Image

Colette
Colette
  • Thwomp
  • 711 Posts

Posted 07 January 2015 - 05:24 PM

Cash them in at GameStop? 8'D

but...I can't use the certificates at Gamestop. I can only use it on Toys R Us website.

Posted Image

Sanji07
Sanji07

Nya

• Kirby
  • 10,781 Posts

Posted 07 January 2015 - 05:30 PM

but...I can't use the certificates at Gamestop. I can only use it on Toys R Us website.

I think you can exchange other gift certificates for GameStop credit. 

Posted Image

^0w0^

Posted Image

SakuraSaturn
SakuraSaturn

• Hammer Bro
  • 1,940 Posts

Posted 10 January 2015 - 02:15 PM

@Colette - Order some Pokemon plushies! That's what I'd do, at least. :3

hTWXg2b_zps1fbbe04e.png

SakuraSaturn
SakuraSaturn

• Hammer Bro
  • 1,940 Posts

Posted 11 January 2015 - 05:38 PM

Wave 3 Amiibo are already sold out at Gamestop and they aren't even available until February 1st! http://www.zeldadung...ut-at-gamestop/

I don't get it. Why are they so hard to find? I don't even think my local Walmart has restocked any recently because all I see now are Mario, Donkey Kong, and a few Fox. The Amiibo section there is very scarce and I've not seen any of Wave 2 yet. I haven't seen too many at Gamestop either. I don't recall that these were supposed to be limited edition.

hTWXg2b_zps1fbbe04e.png

Top Bunk
Top Bunk

Top Bunk

• Administrator
  • 15,548 Posts

Posted 11 January 2015 - 06:13 PM

Nintendo must be rolling in the dough, laughing maniacally over the success of their biggest gimmick to date. A genius move to keep quantity below the demand to make them more scarce, which in turn only drives the demand up even more.

If you haven't noticed, the only amiibo's people can find easily are of the common characters. The ones that have a lot of their own games already. People are mostly afraid of the less common characters being discontinued. It's pretty much guaranteed that Nintendo will keep a stock of Mario, Link, Donkey Kong, Fox, Kirby, etc amiibo's, because they're still making games that will likely utilize amiibo usage, so nobody's in a real rush to get those. However, the other characters that don't star in any games run the risk of having no future use, which might lead to Nintendo to stop producing those amiibo's. And if that happens, those specific amiibo's will skyrocket in price. At least that seems to be the mindest of everyone else.

Personally, I think they'll continue to make them until the demand dies out. As long as people are whining and complaining about how hard it is to get them, they'll keep making them in small batches to ride out the demand for as long as they can.

When amiibo's were first announced, everyone was skeptical, there were way too many characters, and $13 seemed like a lot to spend per figure. Hundreds of dollars would need to be spent to obtain all the amiibo's for every character in Smash 4. Although only a handful might have future use with other games. So they sold them in low quantities to test the waters. Then rumors of discontinued amiibo's arose. Nintendo merely took advantage of those rumors and it's been successful so far.

bZCTZfr.png

Spoiler

SakuraSaturn
SakuraSaturn

• Hammer Bro
  • 1,940 Posts

Posted 12 January 2015 - 05:27 PM

Supply & demand. Gosh, Intro. to Business Class is coming back to me right now. I don't really have any games that are compatible with them. I was intending to wait to buy them when more games came out.

Skylanders has done very well with their figurines. I don't see why more people haven't jumped on board with already familiar characters.

Perhaps I'll get them when Mario Party 10 comes out. It will probably be too late by then.

hTWXg2b_zps1fbbe04e.png

Garuu Popka
Garuu Popka

Gay for Sonichu

• Blooper
  • 1,395 Posts

Posted 13 January 2015 - 11:18 AM

logged back in just for this

i just want amiibos that i play as ;-;

Edited by Garuu Popka, 13 January 2015 - 11:42 AM.

Whaaaat?! Darkstar, you dare underestimate a femanon? She who has seen things no human being should ever lay eyes on, and still goes back to 4ch­an for more?! -16bit from Lucarioboards

Colette
Colette
  • Thwomp
  • 711 Posts

Posted 15 January 2015 - 11:53 AM

Nintendo did announce during the direct yesterday, that they will be producing more of the Marth amiibos. So maybe they will produce more of the other hard to find amiibos: Pit, Villager, Wii Fit Trainer. Luckily I was able to preorder all of the wave 3 amiibos at Amazon, Gamestop, Toys R Us, and Bestbuy. I still cannot get hold of that Rosalina amiibo that Nintendo decided to make a Target exclusive.

Nintendo also announced a new wave of amiibo yesterday during the direct. What does everyone think of a the new Super Mario line made for Mario Party 10? I don't really understand why they are releasing the same amiibo, but in different poses just for a different game. I probably won't be picking up the new Super Mario line of amiibo, except for the Toad amiibo.

gaming-nintendo-new-amiibo-range-1.jpg

super_mario_collection_amiibo-640x320.pn

Edited by Colette, 15 January 2015 - 11:54 AM.

Posted Image

Top Bunk
Top Bunk

Top Bunk

• Administrator
  • 15,548 Posts

Posted 15 January 2015 - 12:30 PM

More marketing by Nintendo. Marth is the most popular amiibo, they'll be making bank off that by releasing another batch, not to mention it'll bring the absurd prices down from scalpers who have like 50 of them on hand.

As for the Super Mario lineup of new amiibo's, it really makes no sense to me, but that's probably the point. Two things come to mind when I think of the new lineup; "Does that mean they're discontinuing the previous ones and making them more rare?" and "Maybe these new ones will be very limited and considered rare instead.", which leads people to the conclusion of making people think, "I gotta have them both just in case" to increase the sales of the previous "common" amiibo's that weren't selling as well as the others, while making money off the new ones too.

But idk, I just always see everything as a marketing scheme, so that's just me.

bZCTZfr.png

Spoiler

Sanji07
Sanji07

Nya

• Kirby
  • 10,781 Posts

Posted 15 January 2015 - 04:26 PM

I don't really get it either. Maybe this Peach will look better. 

Posted Image

^0w0^

Posted Image

Colette
Colette
  • Thwomp
  • 711 Posts

Posted 15 January 2015 - 04:35 PM

@Sanji07: I don't think Peach looked that bad in the original run. Maybe I just got a better quality figure? I have noticed that the quality seems to change on each figure with some begin perfectly painted and others looking like a 3 year old painted it.

Edited by Colette, 15 January 2015 - 04:35 PM.

Posted Image