Photo

amiibo

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
100 replies to this topic

Sanji07
Sanji07

Nya

• Kirby
  • 10,722 Posts

Posted 15 January 2015 - 04:37 PM

@Sanji07: I don't think Peach looked that bad in the original run. Maybe I just got a better quality figure? I have noticed that the quality seems to change on each figure with some begin perfectly painted and others looking like a 3 year old painted it.

I personally don't care for the current Peach figures. Not sure why, but to me she doesn't look like herself in the face. 

Posted Image

^0w0^

Posted Image

Colette
Colette
  • Thwomp
  • 711 Posts

Posted 15 January 2015 - 04:41 PM

@Sanji07: I guess I never really paid much attention to what her face looked like. I might end up getting the Super Mario line of amiibo eventually, if there is a sale.

Here is a closer look at the Peach Super Mario amiibo. What do you think about the face on that one?

amiibo_super_mario_collection_peach.jpg

I will admit that I do like the Luigi Super Mario amiibo better than the Smash Bro amiibo line.

Edited by Colette, 15 January 2015 - 04:43 PM.

Posted Image

Justice and love will always win

Sanji07
Sanji07

Nya

• Kirby
  • 10,722 Posts

Posted 15 January 2015 - 04:46 PM

@Sanji07: I guess I never really paid much attention to what her face looked like. I might end up getting the Super Mario line of amiibo eventually, if there is a sale.

Here is a closer look at the Peach Super Mario amiibo. What do you think about the face on that one?

amiibo_super_mario_collection_peach.jpg

I will admit that I do like the Luigi Super Mario amiibo better than the Smash Bro amiibo line.

Yeah I prefer this version. Probably won't drop $13 for it, but still looks nice. 8P

Posted Image

^0w0^

Posted Image

SakuraSaturn
SakuraSaturn

If sarcasm burned calories, I'd be a twig.

• Hammer Bro
  • 1,940 Posts

Posted 15 January 2015 - 05:12 PM

More marketing by Nintendo. Marth is the most popular amiibo, they'll be making bank off that by releasing another batch, not to mention it'll bring the absurd prices down from scalpers who have like 50 of them on hand.

As for the Super Mario lineup of new amiibo's, it really makes no sense to me, but that's probably the point. Two things come to mind when I think of the new lineup; "Does that mean they're discontinuing the previous ones and making them more rare?" and "Maybe these new ones will be very limited and considered rare instead.", which leads people to the conclusion of making people think, "I gotta have them both just in case" to increase the sales of the previous "common" amiibo's that weren't selling as well as the others, while making money off the new ones too.

But idk, I just always see everything as a marketing scheme, so that's just me.

Seriously cheap crap, Nintendo. Okay...it's just business. And maybe I don't understand business and marketing and how it works. *shrugs* BUT you made a very valid point. If we're having a hard enough time finding the first set of amiibo, who's to say that the next set won't push set 1 off the shelf and make them even harder to find?

And not to mention, what about all the people that's buying up a buttload of these things and then reselling them for profit?

hTWXg2b_zps1fbbe04e.png

Thank you, Princess Elysia for the awesome sig! ^_^

gbwyoshi
gbwyoshi
  • Blooper
  • 1,303 Posts

Posted 15 January 2015 - 08:43 PM

I think the point of the SMB line is for those who want to get MP10 but can't find the SSB ones.

Looking at the SMB line, they look simpler to make in bulk than the SSB line due to they had amiibo in mind for these. SSB they were trying to make them look like the in game trophy which leads to the pedestals. 

Top Bunk
Top Bunk

Top Bunk

• Administrator
  • 15,537 Posts

Posted 27 February 2015 - 03:22 AM

My earlier theories for Nintendo's marketing with amiibos isn't entirely valid now.

Apparently the west coast port strike is to blame for the low supply, so the issue is really out of Nintendo's hands.

Source

More info on Reddit

bZCTZfr.png

Spoiler

Sanji07
Sanji07

Nya

• Kirby
  • 10,722 Posts

Posted 27 February 2015 - 06:19 PM

My earlier theories for Nintendo's marketing with amiibos isn't entirely valid now.

Apparently the west coast port strike is to blame for the low supply, so the issue is really out of Nintendo's hands.

Source

More info on Reddit

I'm glad that this isn't Nintendo's fault. I must admit that the theory of them holding back supplies made me lose a little respect for them. 

Posted Image

^0w0^

Posted Image

SakuraSaturn
SakuraSaturn

If sarcasm burned calories, I'd be a twig.

• Hammer Bro
  • 1,940 Posts

Posted 27 February 2015 - 07:48 PM

OHHHHHH.

Glad to hear it isn't Nintendo's fault.

This is why strikes hurt the economy. I get the demand better pay and working condition thing, but everyday people who have to use services, too are punished for the whole thing (like in the case of the teacher strikes and the bus worker strikes) when most of the time the employer really doesn't care in the first place. But that's just my two cents.

hTWXg2b_zps1fbbe04e.png

Thank you, Princess Elysia for the awesome sig! ^_^

Colette
Colette
  • Thwomp
  • 711 Posts

Posted 14 June 2015 - 12:56 PM

chece3tuaae1fbo.jpg

Of course there are more amiibo that Nintendo announced today including: Falco, Duck Hunt, Mii Fighters, Game & Watch, Lucas, Roy, and Ryu. My favorite from the announced amiibo has to be the Game & Watch amiibo as you can switch it out with interchangeable pieces (all included).

Nintendo of America has finally listened to their fans and are issuing reprints of a lot of the hard to find or sold out amiibo. However amiibo are still difficult to pre-order anywhere and you can forget about walking in to a store and buying the "rare" amiibo as the initial stock is low and scalpers buy them up and sell them on eBay for 5-10x the regular retail price.

There are also several leaked amiibo such as animal crossing and 8bit Mario amiibo. The Animal Crossing amiibo will be used in the new 3DS animal crossing title and the 8bit Mario amiibo will be used with Mario Maker. Granted none of this is confirmed by Nintendo yet, instead it was sent in an email from Nintendo of Spain.

8-bit-mario-animal-crossing-amiibo.jpg

Edited by Colette, 14 June 2015 - 12:57 PM.

Posted Image

Justice and love will always win

Spin
Spin

Absolute Zero

• Ness
  • 7,455 Posts

Posted 14 June 2015 - 03:21 PM

why is Isabelle wearing a different outfit on that amiibo? Does she change clothes in game some times?

hA0AZYy.png

Top Bunk
Top Bunk

Top Bunk

• Administrator
  • 15,537 Posts

Posted 14 June 2015 - 06:39 PM

why is Isabelle wearing a different outfit on that amiibo? Does she change clothes in game some times?

Isabelle changes her clothes depending on the season, iirc.

bZCTZfr.png

Spoiler

Sanji07
Sanji07

Nya

• Kirby
  • 10,722 Posts

Posted 14 June 2015 - 06:47 PM

Isabelle changes her clothes depending on the season, iirc.

I wonder if she will get multiple amiibos for each change of clothes. 0o0

Posted Image

^0w0^

Posted Image

Spin
Spin

Absolute Zero

• Ness
  • 7,455 Posts

Posted 27 August 2015 - 11:37 PM

Here's the very first Third Party amiibo. Shovel Knight!

Unlocks coop mode in shovel knight for wii u

hA0AZYy.png

PsychoDuck
PsychoDuck

A duck what acts crazy-like

• Pikachu
  • 8,535 Posts

Posted 28 August 2015 - 12:08 AM

...yup, need it.

Also, worth noting that the figure shown in the video is a prototype. Final version has a black and purple base.

Oi00g.png

(2009-2013)

TwitterYoutube

The Duck Has Spoken.

Beauseant
Beauseant

And still I am Lady Death, always dressed extravagantly.

• Bulborb
  • 918 Posts

Posted 29 August 2015 - 11:36 AM

That shovelknight one is pretty cool, but i got something for people more deeply expert into Amiibo

I saw some really affordable Rosalina amiibo out there, i remember there being an entire shitstorm because some dork bought a shitton of them, is there really good looking counterfits out there or something? These things where pretty cheap

D5cpUXc.png

BlPltJD.png

PsychoDuck
PsychoDuck

• Pikachu
  • 8,535 Posts

Posted 29 August 2015 - 12:34 PM

There are indeed counterfeits running around out there. I've yet to find anything about a fake Rosalina, but it's possible. When you say cheap, though, what do you mean? She's had some restocks lately so her resale price may have dropped closer to MSRP. If it's less than $13 USD, though, it's definitely fake.

Edited by PsychoDuck, 29 August 2015 - 12:34 PM.

Oi00g.png

(2009-2013)

TwitterYoutube

The Duck Has Spoken.

Spin
Spin

Absolute Zero

• Ness
  • 7,455 Posts

Posted 01 September 2015 - 01:45 PM

http://www.ign.com/a...most-impossible

What in the world ign?

hA0AZYy.png

PsychoDuck
PsychoDuck

• Pikachu
  • 8,535 Posts

Posted 01 September 2015 - 01:50 PM

That... why...

Oi00g.png

(2009-2013)

TwitterYoutube

The Duck Has Spoken.

Top Bunk
Top Bunk

Top Bunk

• Administrator
  • 15,537 Posts

Posted 01 September 2015 - 05:41 PM

Clearly that Kirby was defective. No black hole was found inside.

bZCTZfr.png

Spoiler

PsychoDuck
PsychoDuck

• Pikachu
  • 8,535 Posts

Posted 01 September 2015 - 05:47 PM

Clearly that Kirby was defective. No black hole was found inside.

Cutting it open freed the black hole, IGN is now under quarantine while CERN investigates.

Oi00g.png

(2009-2013)

TwitterYoutube

The Duck Has Spoken.