Photo

Should I invest in a Pro Controller?

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
12 replies to this topic

Platinum Chaos
Platinum Chaos

Deku Merchant

• Bob-omb
  • 99 Posts

Posted 14 November 2014 - 11:47 AM

I've had my Wii U a good few months now and I'm just wondering if it's worth my money investing into a Pro Controller? I'm pretty happy with the Wii U Gamepad, it works great, it feels comfortable, especially when I use it to play Mario Kart and Fifa, to be fair they are the only Wii U games I've played so far.

However, I am going to continue to build up my Wii U games library over the coming months, so should I perhaps invest in a Pro Controller? Or should I maybe stick with the Gamepad? 

What say you guys?

What is your opinions on the Pro Controller? 

YuoBfER.png

e7fi90.png

Prof. Dohoho
Prof. Dohoho

Immoral Asstroll

• Monty Mole
  • 311 Posts

Posted 14 November 2014 - 12:35 PM

Definitely worth it. Feels great, comfortable button placements and all.

Top Bunk
Top Bunk

Top Bunk

• Administrator
  • 15,542 Posts

Posted 14 November 2014 - 12:58 PM

Personally I wouldn't bother getting one unless you can find it cheap somewhere. I've never had issues with using the gamepad as is. The button placements are the same, the only real difference is the gamepad is wider and has a screen on it, while the pro controller obviously has no screen with a closer grip. So in the end it's a matter of if you want your hands close together or far apart, or just don't have a preference over the two one way or the other.

bZCTZfr.png

Spoiler

Prof. Dohoho
Prof. Dohoho

Immoral Asstroll

• Monty Mole
  • 311 Posts

Posted 14 November 2014 - 01:08 PM

^True. I just can't stand the feel of holding that huge clunky thing :x
But yes, preference is certainly the big decider here.

GOOD_DOGE
GOOD_DOGE

"Make it quick."

• doge
  • 1,754 Posts

Posted 14 November 2014 - 03:10 PM

I don't have a pro controller, so I'm not in a position to say if it's good or bad, but...

You should probably just wait for the gamecube controller peripheral. From what I understand, it's going to be compatible with other games besides Super Smash 4. I know that's what I'll be using when I can. :D

SakuraSaturn
SakuraSaturn

If sarcasm burned calories, I'd be a twig.

• Hammer Bro
  • 1,940 Posts

Posted 15 November 2014 - 09:06 PM

I like the Pro controller, personally. I say go for it.

hTWXg2b_zps1fbbe04e.png

Thank you, Princess Elysia for the awesome sig! ^_^

Sanji07
Sanji07

Nya

• Kirby
  • 10,750 Posts

Posted 15 November 2014 - 09:23 PM

I would suggest sticking with your gamepad until you find other games that are less comfortable to play. 

Posted Image

^0w0^

Posted Image

Ween
Ween
  • Rattata
  • 136 Posts

Posted 16 November 2014 - 09:17 AM

The Pro Controller is a wonderful controller in my opinion, but I don't think there's much benefit over the gamepad. Though for multiplayer it may be better for other players to use one, rather than using a Wii remote.

Spoiler

Grooms
Grooms

King of Contests

• Hammer Bro
  • 1,999 Posts

Posted 16 November 2014 - 10:15 AM

Lots of mixed opinions here :D

I'm comfortable with both the Gamepad and the Pro controller. If you're going to be getting Smash Brothers, I'm not sure how the Gamepad would feel with that.

I'd suggest getting a Pro controller of the Gamecube controller adapter thing if you get Smash Brothers, but other than than, the Gamepad feels pretty good for other games.

majorasmask.jpg

Platinum Chaos
Platinum Chaos

Deku Merchant

• Bob-omb
  • 99 Posts

Posted 18 November 2014 - 04:56 PM

I would suggest sticking with your gamepad until you find other games that are less comfortable to play. 

Yeah I was thinking that, is the Gamepad comfortable with Wind Waker HD?

To be fair with the new Gamecube Controller Port Adapter coming to the Wii U, I would love to use a Gamecube for controller for games like Wind Waker HD and Smash Brothers. 

I will probably give the Pro Controller a miss, for now at least. :v 

YuoBfER.png

e7fi90.png

Top Bunk
Top Bunk

Top Bunk

• Administrator
  • 15,542 Posts

Posted 18 November 2014 - 06:35 PM

I still need to play Wind Waker HD, but I've seen a couple of my bros use the gamepad for it with no issues. So you should be good to go with that.

bZCTZfr.png

Spoiler

Xavyrr
Xavyrr

Crestfallen Advent

• Rattata
  • 232 Posts

Posted 15 December 2014 - 11:15 PM

For Wind Waker HD, stick to the Gamepad, it has a gyroscope that feels great (on par with OOT 3D aiming). It's very appropriate for this kind of game, and it feels great. 

For Smash Bros, get a Pro Controller. The Gamepad doesn't do me very much good in Smash. The buttons are spaced differently, the triggers are odd for it, and the controller is too bulky for that kind of game. 

Posted Image

B9M
B9M

In World 7-4, lost in that damn maze.

• Monty Mole
  • 306 Posts

Posted 11 January 2015 - 10:36 PM

The Pro Controller is well worth the investment imo. It works with quite a few games. I really enjoy using it while playing Mario Kart 8.