Photo

Graphic settings

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
25 replies to this topic

Spin
Spin

Absolute Zero

• Ness
  • 7,455 Posts

Posted 02 January 2015 - 10:55 PM

The quality of this forum would definitely increase if I could adjust the graphical settings of it. My pc can handle 16 millionX AA texture quality and 4D particle dispersion. Realism would totally increase with a heavy amount of motion blur while scrolling.

This website needs major graphical upgrades that can match my pc's performance power. Right now it is so 3 gens ago.

hA0AZYy.png

Top Bunk
Top Bunk

Top Bunk

• Administrator
  • 15,537 Posts

Posted 02 January 2015 - 11:14 PM

I'll have you know that this website is top of the line and utilizes the best tools and software available. Along with using the latest most powerful engine to handle anything.

bZCTZfr.png

Spoiler

Tai
Tai
  • lke
  • 9,365 Posts

Posted 02 January 2015 - 11:16 PM

Embedded WEBM support would be a start.

Posted Image

I AM AND I ARE ALL WE

Top Bunk
Top Bunk

Top Bunk

• Administrator
  • 15,537 Posts

Posted 02 January 2015 - 11:19 PM

Tai is making a legitimate suggestion, the world is going to end.

Although I should work on that. :v

bZCTZfr.png

Spoiler

PsychoDuck
PsychoDuck

A duck what acts crazy-like

• Pikachu
  • 8,535 Posts

Posted 02 January 2015 - 11:42 PM

I'll have you know that this website is top of the line and utilizes the best tools and software available. Along with using the latest most powerful engine to handle anything.

But can it play Crysis?

Oi00g.png

(2009-2013)

TwitterYoutube

The Duck Has Spoken.

Top Bunk
Top Bunk

Top Bunk

• Administrator
  • 15,537 Posts

Posted 03 January 2015 - 12:09 AM

But can it play Crysis?

99fps on Crysis ultra max settings.

bZCTZfr.png

Spoiler

Spin
Spin

Absolute Zero

• Ness
  • 7,455 Posts

Posted 03 January 2015 - 12:21 AM

99fps on Crysis ultra max settings.

Only 99? That's weak.

hA0AZYy.png

Top Bunk
Top Bunk

Top Bunk

• Administrator
  • 15,537 Posts

Posted 03 January 2015 - 12:22 AM

Only 99? That's weak.

Oops, sorry, I missed a number.

999fps. Fixed.

bZCTZfr.png

Spoiler

Spin
Spin

Absolute Zero

• Ness
  • 7,455 Posts

Posted 03 January 2015 - 12:32 AM

Oops, sorry, I missed a number.

999fps. Fixed.

If that was rocket science, your rocket would've fizzled.

hA0AZYy.png

Top Bunk
Top Bunk

Top Bunk

• Administrator
  • 15,537 Posts

Posted 03 January 2015 - 01:00 AM

If that was rocket science, your rocket would've fizzled.

I have the technology.

bZCTZfr.png

Spoiler

Sunkissii
Sunkissii

It's that glow, I know

• Armos Knight
  • 3,375 Posts

Posted 03 January 2015 - 03:19 AM

Tai is making a legitimate suggestion, the world is going to end.

Although I should work on that. :v

He seems to understand more than you do :v

wU2Pke4.gifD2qlmWT.gif I'm always happy. <3

Top Bunk
Top Bunk

Top Bunk

• Administrator
  • 15,537 Posts

Posted 03 January 2015 - 03:25 AM

He seems to understand more than you do :v

Whatever you say, Ms. 2nd place for owning a pet rock. :v

bZCTZfr.png

Spoiler

Shulk
Shulk
  • Mario
  • 24,960 Posts

Posted 07 January 2015 - 11:17 AM

Then I a question... why is this the slowest site that I visit? It takes the longest to load the index and even when I went to quote this post it took more then 2 seconds. I've never experienced that on any other site I've visited. Even when streaming movies in HD I have 0 buffer.

Edited by Shulk, 07 January 2015 - 11:18 AM.

Top Bunk
Top Bunk

Top Bunk

• Administrator
  • 15,537 Posts

Posted 07 January 2015 - 12:24 PM

Then I a question... why is this the slowest site that I visit? It takes the longest to load the index and even when I went to quote this post it took more then 2 seconds. I've never experienced that on any other site I've visited. Even when streaming movies in HD I have 0 buffer.

My post regarding that was merely sarcasm.

Though I'm not sure why you'd have loading issues, everything has always been perfectly fine for me. Though I can't really judge considering I only get 5mbps internet, so everything loads the same regardless.

Either way, if it's only a recent issue, it's possible it's because of the snow script in the header of the Skyward skin. Though nobody else seems to have an issue with it. If the issue has been there even before then, then the only other possibility is with the host, which we can't really do anything about. If I really wanted to, I could try clearing the cache of everything on the forums, but I've never touched that before so I don't exactly know the impact it would have and it probably wouldn't help any regardless.

Although thinking about it, I recall you making a complaint about the load times at some point in the past, but nobody else was able to confirm having the same issues. Without knowing what the cause is and having no information about it, there's nothing that can be done aside from speculations and theories.

bZCTZfr.png

Spoiler

Shulk
Shulk
  • Mario
  • 24,960 Posts

Posted 07 January 2015 - 12:50 PM

Ah okay sarcasm hahaha

But yeah I've always had issues with the load times on this forum. Takes about 6 seconds to load the index on the initial clicking of the bookmark. After that every post, menu, quote or any other action takes about 2-3 seconds.

I mean that's nothing compared to the days of dail-up but it's very noticeable compared to everything else. I also scan and clean my computer every single day because I'm anal about it. I remove all temp files, cookies and cache each day as well.

But yeah it's always been just me. And it never matters which device I use either. iPhone, iPad, laptop, desktop, heck I even used a Mac once to see how it would run. All different browsers too. So strange.

Ammy
Ammy

I love you, I miss you.

• Bullet Bill
  • 1,594 Posts

Posted 07 January 2015 - 01:05 PM

I think you took that post and this topic more seriously than intended.

iirc HostGator uses one of those shared hosting sites. They limit bandwidth/cpu usage/etc to all accounts on a given server (not that you'd ever know who all you share it). They are usually very skimpy on hardware to maximize profits, and you don't have a software environment tailored to your forums.

Additionally it is very likely that usual types of maintenance things that should be done with SQL and this script (IPB) are not done regularly. That can also have a negative impact on performance.

My only other thoughts on comments like this are that it is likely an exaggeration. Boldly over simplifying this kind of subject doesn't do it justice.

zjVHwFP.png

Shulk
Shulk
  • Mario
  • 24,960 Posts

Posted 07 January 2015 - 05:38 PM

Not over exaggerated. Iused a stopwatch to time it just to make sure and did it several times. But like I stated in my post its no big deal when compared with dial-up speeds lol

Top Bunk
Top Bunk

Top Bunk

• Administrator
  • 15,537 Posts

Posted 07 January 2015 - 07:21 PM

Trying to even remotely compare it to dial-up is an over-exaggeration in itself. :v

iirc, dial-up only reached up to speeds of 400kb. My current internet is 5mbps and roughly meets the times you mentioned (but occurs with every single site for me and not just this one). So a more fair comparison would be to compare it to average DSL speeds (and yes, 5/6mbps is the average for DSL, unless you have special lines installed and pay a ridiculous amount of money).

bZCTZfr.png

Spoiler

Shulk
Shulk
  • Mario
  • 24,960 Posts

Posted 07 January 2015 - 08:05 PM

Seriously you want to argue a simple comment. I remember why I stopped coming here. Too much drama -_-

You take things way to seriously. But whatever... if you want to stress yourself out go for it.

Prof. Dohoho
Prof. Dohoho

Immoral Asstroll

• Monty Mole
  • 311 Posts

Posted 07 January 2015 - 08:29 PM

Seriously you want to argue a simple comment. I remember why I stopped coming here. Too much drama -_-

You take things way to seriously. But whatever... if you want to stress yourself out go for it.

Runs in the family. I just got done arguing with my mom about why I shouldn't have to repeat the words "I love you" to her like she's the American Flag. I digress though.

No drama. If you look at it with an open mind, he's just trying to educate. How does a teacher teach a student if the teacher isn't allowed to bring a point across with factual information?

And I can't say he takes anything like this "seriously" in that way. He is indeed serious with the contents of the response, but there's no tension or the like within it. Lastly, this is hardly something anyone in my family could be stressing themselves out with, especially considering how we work lol.

Edited by Kimogaron, 08 January 2015 - 12:00 AM.