Photo

New Fire Emblem for 3DS

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
16 replies to this topic

Colette
Colette
  • Thwomp
  • 711 Posts

Posted 15 January 2015 - 12:22 PM

I'm surprised there is not a thread yet for the Fire Emblem game that was announced during yesterday's Nintendo Direct.

During Nintendo's Direct on January 14, 2015, Nintendo announced that a new Fire Emblem game would be coming to the 3DS systems. Currently there is no release date and they have yet to finalize the name. However looking at the game trailer, it appears that the gameplay is going to be very similar to Fire Emblem: Awakening. Satoru Iwata did state that the effect of your choices on the game world will be greater than any previous Fire Emblem. I wonder what he means by that statement, anyone have any ideas?

Personally I am very excited for the game and cannot wait to hear more about what features they might be adding or returning features from previous games. I enjoyed Fire Emblem: Awakening, especially the match system where characters would marry and then later in the game you got to meet their children. I am hoping that feature returns, or at least something similar.

What are your first impressions of the game?

Are you excited for the game?

What would you like to see in this new Fire Emblem game?

What returning features would you like to see?

Will you buy the game at launch?

Edited by Colette, 15 January 2015 - 12:24 PM.

Posted Image

Justice and love will always win

Autumn
Autumn

Sage

• Bullet Bill
  • 1,523 Posts

Posted 15 January 2015 - 08:38 PM

What are your first impressions of the game? I just got chills watching the preview. OMG, I have to have this. I so loved Awakening.

Are you excited for the game? Yes, OH YES.

What would you like to see in this new Fire Emblem game?  I really don't mind what they add.

What returning features would you like to see? I loved the pair match-ups and marriages and kids.

Will you buy the game at launch? Yes, yes, yes.

Oh man, this looks so exciting. :D This and the sequel to Bravely Default, Denpa Men and I hope hope another Fantasy Life (though I doubt that would happen this year) and I will be a super happy gamer. 

Posted Image

Colette
Colette
  • Thwomp
  • 711 Posts

Posted 16 January 2015 - 10:57 AM

@Autumn: Was the sequel to Bravely default announced for localization already? I must have missed that one. I really hope they keep the marriage/dating system. The conversations between the characters were usually pretty funny. Would you want a pre-order bonus or maybe a limited edition new 3DS system for the game? I know with Fire Emblem Awakening, Nintendo released a limited edition 3DS for the game.

Posted Image

Autumn
Autumn

Sage

• Bullet Bill
  • 1,523 Posts

Posted 16 January 2015 - 07:02 PM

@Collette, sadly no release date yet for Bravely Second, it is to come out in Japan April 2015, but I am hoping it won't take long before it comes here. I don't need any bonus for Fire Emblem, most likely I will download it, and as for a new system I will just go and buy a regular release one. I am all about the games and never was bothered by any specials or LE systems. I just need good games. :D Right now I am considering picking up Lufia, I love RPG and I never mind how old they are, it sounds ok and sounds even fun in certain respects.

Posted Image

Spin
Spin

Absolute Zero

• Ness
  • 7,456 Posts

Posted 16 January 2015 - 09:41 PM

I wonder if there is gonna be anything new or if it's just gonna be the same good stuff as usual.

hA0AZYy.png

Autumn
Autumn

Sage

• Bullet Bill
  • 1,523 Posts

Posted 16 January 2015 - 09:54 PM

Hmm, I have been thinking about what would happen on the game world, does he mean game map? If so, then I can see that who you recruit after battling and winning could make many changes in the game story, it could change the story ending. There may be many endings depending on your choices. I don't know really, but since I am playing Radiant Historia on my DSi I am very caught up in alternate pathways and endings. That would be really fun, to have different outcomes and not necessarily any of them the wrong ending.

Posted Image

Colette
Colette
  • Thwomp
  • 711 Posts

Posted 18 January 2015 - 04:52 PM

@Autumn: That would be a cool idea to add into the Fire Emblem series. Radiant Historia is one of my favorite Nintendo DS titles, and I love that it had different paths and endings. In Fire Emblem: Awakening, I didn't like how you couldn't save a certain character in the game. Wish there was a path you could have taken to change the outcome, like in Radiant Historia.

Posted Image

Autumn
Autumn

Sage

• Bullet Bill
  • 1,523 Posts

Posted 11 February 2015 - 09:18 AM

@Autumn: That would be a cool idea to add into the Fire Emblem series. Radiant Historia is one of my favorite Nintendo DS titles, and I love that it had different paths and endings. In Fire Emblem: Awakening, I didn't like how you couldn't save a certain character in the game. Wish there was a path you could have taken to change the outcome, like in Radiant Historia.

You could save characters if you played on the Casual mode, they would be gone from that battle, but would come back for the story and future battles. I did that, as I had never played a Fire Emblem game before and I really did not want people to be gone forever. 

Posted Image

Colette
Colette
  • Thwomp
  • 711 Posts

Posted 01 April 2015 - 08:37 PM

what does everyone think of the new trailer that was shown off during the direct today? I really like how your character is now the main character and how the choices in the game effect the story. Basically it looks like there is two storylines that you can follow, which means I will at least play this game twice. Can't wait until I can start playing this game. (typing on a windows tablet is difficult)

Edited by Colette, 01 April 2015 - 08:40 PM.

Posted Image

Bounty
Bounty

The end is nigh

• Armos Knight
  • 3,110 Posts

Posted 01 April 2015 - 09:11 PM

D'oh I knew there was a thread on this... Disregard mine, Colette had me beat!

2rcwyzs.png

Colette
Colette
  • Thwomp
  • 711 Posts

Posted 10 June 2015 - 05:16 PM

More information has been released on the new Fire Emblem game, which is officially called Fire Emblem if in Japan.

Japan's release date is right around the corner on June 25th, with still no official release date announced for us. I'm hoping once it comes over its just one cartridge that compiles the three different campaigns.

Here is a trailer that introduces the Black and White kingdoms, character creation, and features like choosing sides, battles, the bonding system, and the Castle feature. Unfortunately this is all in Japanese so I didn't understand most of it, but the game still looks amazing!

Next is a TV advertisement in Japan.

I am hoping that with E3 just around the corner that we will receive more information about this game from Nintendo of America.

Edited by Colette, 11 June 2015 - 09:02 AM.

Posted Image

Spin
Spin

Absolute Zero

• Ness
  • 7,456 Posts

Posted 07 August 2015 - 03:02 PM

Apparently not everyone is too thrilled about the new features in this game.

http://www.nintendol...atures_in_games

I personally don't like it. But I can't complain about a developer making a game he wants to play. I think a lot of the fluff in the new game will make it more agonizing to play. But on the other hand, I find strategy games agonizing either way.

Would much rather a FE Fighting game oh yeah

hA0AZYy.png

Top Bunk
Top Bunk

Top Bunk

• Administrator
  • 15,548 Posts

Posted 07 August 2015 - 08:03 PM

Do people really complain about OPTIONAL features that much? Like, what's the point in complaining about something that you never need to use and would have no impact on the core game? If you're playing the game just for the minor extras, then obviously you're doing it wrong. It's not like removing those things would make them add something else in place of it either.

I just don't understand.

bZCTZfr.png

Spoiler

Colette
Colette
  • Thwomp
  • 711 Posts

Posted 13 September 2015 - 07:05 PM

@Spin

I will probably use those extra features, if they are not removed in the NA version. Honestly it is an extra feature of the game, and doesn't impact the core game-play, so why does it matter?

I guess most people in the West haven't played a Japanese dating sim. That feature is in most of those games, and no one ever complains.

Posted Image

Xavyrr
Xavyrr

Crestfallen Advent

• Rattata
  • 232 Posts

Posted 18 September 2015 - 10:12 PM

AFAIK, FE: if is getting an M rating in the US, so I think most of if not all of the game will still be in tact. Also I have the game and I love the optional features. I rub my waifu's face every day. She's kawaii asfak. Oh the game's depressing too.

Posted Image

Colette
Colette
  • Thwomp
  • 711 Posts

Posted 19 September 2015 - 04:59 PM

@Xavyrr: Well that is nice to know. I'm actually surprised Nintendo of America is ok with the game getting an M rating. Most of their games are T or below. 

Depressing, how? Do I want to know? 

Also did you play all three of the story-lines available? 

Posted Image

Xavyrr
Xavyrr

Crestfallen Advent

• Rattata
  • 232 Posts

Posted 20 September 2015 - 11:52 PM

Depressing, how? Do I want to know?
Also did you play all three of the story-lines available?

;-;
Plot is sad, and goes from depressing to depressing in -7 seconds.
POTENTIALLY VAGUE SPOILERS:
Spoiler
I'm currently playing the Hoshido path (~50% done). I bought the special edition so I have have both Hoshido and Nohr on the cartridge, but I don't have a Japanese 3DS so I can't download the Invisible Kingdom path unless there is a ARM9 exploit found on 9.9+ (I'm using TubeHax to bypass region locking to play so I can't access the Japanese eShop).

Edited by Xavyrr, 20 September 2015 - 11:53 PM.

Posted Image