Photo

Kirby and the Rainbow Curse

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
9 replies to this topic

Sunkissii
Sunkissii

Space Unicorn

• Armos Knight
  • 3,406 Posts

Posted 16 January 2015 - 12:39 AM

Ladies and Gentleman; Meet Clay Kirby~

Kirby and the Rainbow Curse is a game, where Kirby is a clay (obviously) and you guide him through this clay motion world. Where you use your styles to make rainbow ropes for him, to roll into this new adventure (like you never seen before?).

Help him go through obstacles by making loops or whatever to defeat bosses.

You also get to call waddle dee's for help, if you are having trouble.

But that's not all:

- Kirby can mold into a Tank, Sub or Rocker

- You get to play with 3 other people 

- Your friends can drop out of the game anytime

Creative levels filled with hidden items and collectibles

- Unique line-drawing gameplay

============================================

Coming to you at Feb 2015~ What do you think?

(Did I mention this reminds me of canvas curse?)

wU2Pke4.gifD2qlmWT.gif Always happy~

Spin
Spin

Absolute Zero

• Ness
  • 7,455 Posts

Posted 16 January 2015 - 06:09 PM

I actually didn't like Canvas Curse on the DS. It was really slow to me. I'm used to speedrunning through Kirby games.

hA0AZYy.png

Sanji07
Sanji07

Nya

• Kirby
  • 10,771 Posts

Posted 16 January 2015 - 10:48 PM

I think it's supposed to be like a sequel to Canvas Curse. 

Posted Image

^0w0^

Posted Image

Spin
Spin

Absolute Zero

• Ness
  • 7,455 Posts

Posted 17 January 2015 - 03:25 PM

I think it's supposed to be like a sequel to Canvas Curse.

That's exactly what it is actually. I guess the previous game was very well received I remember right.

hA0AZYy.png

Prof. Dohoho
Prof. Dohoho

Immoral Asstroll

• Monty Mole
  • 311 Posts

Posted 17 January 2015 - 06:02 PM

But Canvas Curse was SOOOOOO BAAAAAAAAAAAAD...

The only thing it had was a few music tracks from Crystal Shards. Gameplay-wise, I just can't even x.x

Fine, maybe I'm being hard on it. Maybe some people enjoy drawing a line under a circle and having no proper control over their character. Mmkay, that's their thing.

Maybe I'm just a biased hater of all Kirby games post-Crystal Shards because it was easily, without any question, the best game in the series to date.

Edited by Kimogaron, 17 January 2015 - 06:06 PM.

Colette
Colette
  • Thwomp
  • 711 Posts

Posted 18 January 2015 - 04:57 PM

I'm not really looking forward to this game at all. I didn't enjoy Kirby Canvas Curse on the DS, and not sure why Nintendo decided to put the next game in the series on the Wii U instead of the 3Ds systems. Also I feel that the art style in this game is weird..? I can't put my finger on it, but something just seems off with the art style. I won't be buying this game at launch, as I feel the price of $60 is too much for this type of game and my lack of interest in the gameplay. I might pick it up eventually if it drops to the $20-30 dollar range just to add it to my game collection.

Posted Image

Justice and love will always win

Spin
Spin

Absolute Zero

• Ness
  • 7,455 Posts

Posted 18 January 2015 - 05:25 PM

I like the art style. But agreed that something is off about it. It's like the clay look is really fake in it. I think Clay Fighter had a better CG clay look to it.

I actually wouldn't be surprised that this game did not start out as a Kirby game, just like most Kirby spin-offs don't.

hA0AZYy.png

GOOD_DOGE
GOOD_DOGE

"Make it quick."

• doge
  • 1,756 Posts

Posted 27 January 2015 - 10:38 PM

Having really enjoyed Canvas Curse, I'm pretty excited to see another Kirby game that has the same kind of gameplay. Although I find it a bit odd that a title like this would be featured on the Wii U, it does look really nice (though I will admit I'm not a big fan of the artstyle this time around). I really like the multiplayer aspect and look forward to playing Rainbow Curse with my brother. I feel like Nintendo is the only company that will remain faithful to good ol' couch co-op.

Sunkissii
Sunkissii

Space Unicorn

• Armos Knight
  • 3,406 Posts

Posted 28 January 2015 - 12:11 AM

I personal love canvas curse. So I'm looking forward to this game.

Yet, it may seem weird because it's clay or whatever. It still looks interesting anyways.

wU2Pke4.gifD2qlmWT.gif Always happy~

Colette
Colette
  • Thwomp
  • 711 Posts

Posted 28 January 2015 - 12:13 PM

@GOOD_DOGE: I was expecting a sequel to this game to be made for the 3DS system. I am glad that Nintendo still makes games for couch co-op, as I enjoy being able to play games with Spin and friends when they come over. I do wish for this game that they kept the original art style from Canvas Curse, but maybe the art style will grow on me eventually.

Posted Image

Justice and love will always win