Photo

Majora's Mask Pin Pre-Order Bonus for Code Name S.T.E.A.M.

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
5 replies to this topic

Grooms
Grooms

King of Contests

• Hammer Bro
  • 1,999 Posts

Posted 17 January 2015 - 10:35 AM

majoras_mask_3d_pin_gamestop.jpg

GameStop is offering a Majora's Mask pin as a bonus when you pre-order Code Name S.T.E.A.M. for 3DS. The game releases on March 13th.

It seems like GameStop knows that Zelda fans are going to want this pin, and that they can offer it with any game and still get people to pre-order.

It worked for me. I knew nothing about this game when I made my pre-order. I looked up a trailer later, it seems like it could be fun.

majorasmask.jpg

Top Bunk
Top Bunk

Top Bunk

• Administrator
  • 15,542 Posts

Posted 17 January 2015 - 10:52 AM

Ooh, neat. I was always on the fence about whether or not to get this game. It seemed interesting, but not like "I need it right now" interesting. But a free pin makes it worth it more now.

bZCTZfr.png

Spoiler

SakuraSaturn
SakuraSaturn

If sarcasm burned calories, I'd be a twig.

• Hammer Bro
  • 1,940 Posts

Posted 17 January 2015 - 03:58 PM

I don't get it. The game doesn't look too impressive, just my opinion. Leave it to Gamestop to offer up a massively awesome pre-order bonus for a game that has nothing to do with The Legend of Zelda. As cool as this pin looks, I don't think it's worth it. I wonder how many people will be pre-ordering the game just to get the pin and then re-selling it unopened or immediately trading it back to Gamestop. I won't be.

hTWXg2b_zps1fbbe04e.png

Thank you, Princess Elysia for the awesome sig! ^_^

Top Bunk
Top Bunk

Top Bunk

• Administrator
  • 15,542 Posts

Posted 17 January 2015 - 04:04 PM

I'm getting it mostly for the pin, but I'm still willing to try out the game.

bZCTZfr.png

Spoiler

Colette
Colette
  • Thwomp
  • 711 Posts

Posted 18 January 2015 - 05:28 PM

I was interested in the game when Nintendo announced it, and I believe it is being made by part of the Fire Emblem team? I could be wrong on that, but either way it looks fun to play as I enjoy strategy games. The pin bonus is what made me decide to pre-order the game as I am a huge Legend of Zelda Majora's Mask fan. I would have picked up this game eventually, but due to someone's marketing strategy I will be picking this game up on day one.

Edited by Colette, 18 January 2015 - 05:28 PM.

Posted Image

Justice and love will always win

Sanji07
Sanji07

Nya

• Kirby
  • 10,767 Posts

Posted 19 January 2015 - 01:28 AM

Way to hook Zelda fans GameStop. Quite an interesting marketing ploy. I will admit that the plot is interesting.

Edited by Sanji07, 19 January 2015 - 01:34 AM.

Posted Image

^0w0^

Posted Image