Photo

Yoshi's woolly world

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
9 replies to this topic

Sunkissii
Sunkissii

Space Unicorn

• Armos Knight
  • 3,406 Posts

Posted 27 January 2015 - 01:59 AM

"Embark on a new Yoshi adventure in a world made from yarn, cloth and textiles. Explore the world by using yarn to weave wool platforms and warp pipes to reach new areas, and gleefully unravel its secrets and puzzles by pulling yarn walls apart. -E3"

*Players tangle, pull and stitch yarn to explore Yoshi's world

*Flowers and mystery clouds return

*Yoshi produces yarn instead of eggs, etc.

wU2Pke4.gifD2qlmWT.gif Always happy~

Katsie
Katsie
  • Rattata
  • 175 Posts

Posted 27 January 2015 - 04:45 AM

It looks more like the sequel to Yoshi's Island I'd rather have than New Island, personally.

nrIKKVa.png

Top Bunk
Top Bunk

Top Bunk

• Administrator
  • 15,542 Posts

Posted 27 January 2015 - 04:59 AM

I went to look for the thread we had about this game before, because I didn't think it was too old yet. But when I found it, it was 2 years old (Jan of 2013). It doesn't even feel like it's been 2 years since news of this game was first released. But wow, time sure flies.

Still looking forward to playing this game and it also still reminds me of Yoshi's Story. Just with yarn.

bZCTZfr.png

Spoiler

SakuraSaturn
SakuraSaturn

If sarcasm burned calories, I'd be a twig.

• Hammer Bro
  • 1,940 Posts

Posted 27 January 2015 - 05:40 PM

The first I heard about the game was E3 2014. But the game looks very cool. Brings back some fond memories of playing Yoshi's Story. The whole yarn thing is really cute. When Yoshi "eats" a Shy Guy it just unravels him and turns him into a yarn ball.

Looking forward to this one!

hTWXg2b_zps1fbbe04e.png

Thank you, Princess Elysia for the awesome sig! ^_^

Prof. Dohoho
Prof. Dohoho

Immoral Asstroll

• Monty Mole
  • 311 Posts

Posted 27 January 2015 - 08:42 PM

I'll probably watch it being played by my bro, since it looks like something I would quickly get annoyed with. It works for other people I guess, but I can't stand the idea of turning live characters into...MATERIALS???... Plus the fact that you can't die or have any real story or anything... Egh, just not my cup of tea.

They did this to Kirby, and now to Yoshi. I guess the cheerfulness of these two characters can fit the style, but I can see Nintendo going too far with it like they always do with things like this. Who's the next victim? Hopefully not "The Clothend of Woolda"-- and a definite "no" if they come out with a "Yarnfox: Threadwings In Woolneria".

Edited by Kimogaron, 27 January 2015 - 08:48 PM.

GOOD_DOGE
GOOD_DOGE

"Make it quick."

• doge
  • 1,756 Posts

Posted 27 January 2015 - 10:33 PM

I'm really looking forward to Woolly World. I liked playing Kirby's Epic Yarn with my brother and can't wait for a new co-op game. I know a lot of people have said that Epic Yarn was themed for a younger audience, but if you go into it with the right sense of humor, anyone can enjoy it. :D

Also this game looks gorgeous and reminds me of Yoshi's Story.

Sunkissii
Sunkissii

Space Unicorn

• Armos Knight
  • 3,406 Posts

Posted 28 January 2015 - 12:25 AM

Even though I haven't played Epic Yarn because I look like a kid's game (Oh trust me. I have watched my brother played it).

I do agree that it does look like it. Plus it does look like Yoshi island.

So I'm kinda excited about this game. 

Also, that is kinda weird that you found a thread about it, Slasher.

wU2Pke4.gifD2qlmWT.gif Always happy~

Colette
Colette
  • Thwomp
  • 711 Posts

Posted 28 January 2015 - 11:59 AM

I actually really liked Kirby's Epic Yarn when I usually do not like Kirby games. The main reason is because it was more laid-back, kid friendly, and easier than other Kirby titles. I also enjoyed playing co-op, and will gladly like having another co-op game that I can play with Spin or friends. I will definitely end up buying this game, just probably not at launch because of financial reasons.

Posted Image

Justice and love will always win

SakuraSaturn
SakuraSaturn

If sarcasm burned calories, I'd be a twig.

• Hammer Bro
  • 1,940 Posts

Posted 30 January 2015 - 09:31 PM

I never played Epic Yarn. Actually, I forgot it even existed. Then again, I never played any of the Kirby games.

I might get Yoshi's Wooly World if I have some extra cash, but it isn't at the top of my priorities. Seeing as how my priorities just got a whole lot tighter and all.

hTWXg2b_zps1fbbe04e.png

Thank you, Princess Elysia for the awesome sig! ^_^

Colette
Colette
  • Thwomp
  • 711 Posts

Posted 01 February 2015 - 12:33 PM

@SakuraSaturn: Unfortunately that is how I am with a lot of games, unless it has a special edition. Otherwise I just wait until the price drops to something more reasonable (usually the $20-30 price range) before I buy the games.

Posted Image

Justice and love will always win