Photo

I bought Majora's Mask AND Monster Hunter 4...

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
5 replies to this topic

Box-Head
Box-Head
  • Cheep-Cheep
  • 61 Posts

Posted 13 February 2015 - 02:17 AM

...but I've never played a Legend or Zelda OR Monster Hunter game  :dummy:   . 

If I were to just keep one, what do you all suggest? 

I love Nintendo, but I'm rather limited in my games.  In all honesty, I'm a horror genre gamer, but I play everything.  I've never fully invested in the classics.  Many of my friend believe I need to be exorcised since I've never spent a second on a LoZ game, in yet Monster Hunter seems so fun for it's co-op and it just looks gorgeous (Majora's Mask looks lovely as well). 

You all know better than me in this field.  Teach me your ways! 

Also, why not share if you've got either game along with if you got the new system why not. 

Fun fact, I worked the midnight release for them and there was a Super Smash Brawl competition at my store.  So much friendships broken, so many pink Links... :la:

Top Bunk
Top Bunk

Top Bunk

• Administrator
  • 15,548 Posts

Posted 13 February 2015 - 02:39 AM

Both are excellent and fun games, so I'm definitely getting both (and already had them pre-ordered, the MH4 game coming with my MH edition New 3DS XL). If you enjoy co-op/multiplayer and do a lot of it, I'd really suggest keeping Monster Hunter 4. It's the kind of game you can never get tired of when you play with other people and can essentially keep you occupied forever with no end to playing it and will always remain fun every step of the way.

Although... Majora's Mask is probably one of my favorite LoZ titles, and definitely an experience you need to play through as if your life depended on it. I can guarantee that you would have no regrets in getting both games. Though I'd also highly recommend playing the other LoZ games if you're able to as well. At least from Ocarina of Time and up, along with handheld titles like Minish Cap, the Oracle games, A Link to the Past, and A Link Between Worlds (as those are my most enjoyed handheld LoZ games, though I'm getting off-topic here).

bZCTZfr.png

Spoiler

Box-Head
Box-Head
  • Cheep-Cheep
  • 61 Posts

Posted 13 February 2015 - 02:46 AM

Both are excellent and fun games, so I'm definitely getting both (and already had them pre-ordered, the MH4 game coming with my MH edition New 3DS XL). If you enjoy co-op/multiplayer and do a lot of it, I'd really suggest keeping Monster Hunter 4. It's the kind of game you can never get tired of when you play with other people and can essentially keep you occupied forever with no end to playing it and will always remain fun every step of the way.

Although... Majora's Mask is probably one of my favorite LoZ titles, and definitely an experience you need to play through as if your life depended on it. I can guarantee that you would have no regrets in getting both games. Though I'd also highly recommend playing the other LoZ games if you're able to as well. At least from Ocarina of Time and up, along with handheld titles like Minish Cap, the Oracle games, A Link to the Past, and A Link Between Worlds (as those are my most enjoyed handheld LoZ games, though I'm getting off-topic here).

I love time consuming games, and the ones where you gotta think too.  From what I've been told I feel they're both as such.  But yeah, I've been tempted with Link Between Words and Ocarina...

Top Bunk
Top Bunk

Top Bunk

• Administrator
  • 15,548 Posts

Posted 13 February 2015 - 03:41 AM

Indeed they are. Lot's of thinking and planning involved in both games.

Should definitely play those other games too. Ocarina of Time is what started the big leap in the making of LoZ games to be what they are now. And A Link Between Worlds is tied for my favorite alongside A Link to the Past (for obvious reasons, since they play out the same, just with a different story).

bZCTZfr.png

Spoiler

Santatoes
Santatoes
  • Rattata
  • 145 Posts

Posted 18 February 2015 - 08:18 PM

At least from Ocarina of Time and up, along with handheld titles like Minish Cap, the Oracle games, A Link to the Past, and A Link Between Worlds (as those are my most enjoyed handheld LoZ games, though I'm getting off-topic here).

No love for my first Zelda game, Link's Awakening DX? I mean, the DX version was a GBC remake of the original, and only came out like a few weeks after OoT, but it's still great. :c

Also, Monster Hunter WOOOOOO! Hundreds of hours in that thing. Hundreds. If not more. It's pretty grindy, but in the best way possible because it's always a unique hunt.

Posted Image

Top Bunk
Top Bunk

Top Bunk

• Administrator
  • 15,548 Posts

Posted 18 February 2015 - 11:28 PM

No love for my first Zelda game, Link's Awakening DX? I mean, the DX version was a GBC remake of the original, and only came out like a few weeks after OoT, but it's still great. :c

Also, Monster Hunter WOOOOOO! Hundreds of hours in that thing. Hundreds. If not more. It's pretty grindy, but in the best way possible because it's always a unique hunt.

I forgot about Link's Awakening, but that one's good too.

And Monster Hunter has the most fun grinding of any game and just overall excellent in general. Everybody needs to play it.

bZCTZfr.png

Spoiler