Photo

Things you are thankful for and why

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
20 replies to this topic

Shulk
Shulk
  • Mario
  • 24,960 Posts

Posted 23 February 2015 - 08:02 AM

Typically people may make a thread like this around a certain holiday, but why should one day out of the year make us reflect on the things we are thankful for? No rather we should be thankful each and every day!

So here try each day to post something you are thankful for on that day. It could be anything but also explain why you are thankful. You could also just randomly post things that aren't from the day but that came to your mind in which you are thankful.

Today for me, I am thankful for coffee. It is something that is natural provided by the creator. It is sometimes referred to as a heavenly drink or a drink from God. I love it because it's bold and rich in flavor. It comes in so many varieties. You can just eat the bean as is, or you can make it into many different things. Typically I'll drink some every day. I love the sound of the grinder in the morning and then when the pot makes the ding. I use to run upstairs at that sound, but now I saunter up the stairs not as eagerly ever since my detox. Coffee though is something I just enjoy very much and I'm thankful to have it.

Ammy
Ammy

I love you, I miss you.

• Bullet Bill
  • 1,596 Posts

Posted 23 February 2015 - 11:43 AM

I am thankful for those who understand and appreciate history.

zjVHwFP.png

Sanji07
Sanji07

Nya

• Kirby
  • 10,789 Posts

Posted 23 February 2015 - 06:30 PM

I thought we had a thread like this that died awhile back...Glad to see another one back up. 

I am thankful for the chance to learn at a tech school. My teacher and classmates are kind and funny, plus I get to learn at my own pace. Projects are actually enjoyable (for the most part). 

Posted Image

^0w0^

Posted Image

Shulk
Shulk
  • Mario
  • 24,960 Posts

Posted 23 February 2015 - 06:34 PM

Yeah we did. But since it did die I know that staff would rather a new thread then a bump of an old one.

I'm thankful that I understand technology. So much in the world now revolves around using a computer and there are just so many people who seem incapable of using one.

Sanji07
Sanji07

Nya

• Kirby
  • 10,789 Posts

Posted 23 February 2015 - 06:36 PM

@Rhyme Good idea. 

Posted Image

^0w0^

Posted Image

Fatal
Fatal
  • Rattata
  • 151 Posts

Posted 23 February 2015 - 11:33 PM

I'm thankful for he people whom built up the foundation we live in. (Disregarding the corruptors) They built up these countries so that we could live in a peaceful, thriving communities.

Edited by Flame386, 23 February 2015 - 11:52 PM.

SakuraSaturn
SakuraSaturn

If sarcasm burned calories, I'd be a twig.

• Hammer Bro
  • 1,940 Posts

Posted 24 February 2015 - 03:17 PM

I am thankful for my job that--even though I only get to keep it until May and I'm getting cut over the summer--I have learned so much knowledge that I did not have before and gained plenty of important job skills. Skills that I am confident will help me (if I so choose) to find another job that is full time and year round.

What a great thread, @Rhyme! Sometimes we all need reminding that we have so much to be thankful for no matter the time of the year.

hTWXg2b_zps1fbbe04e.png

Thank you, Princess Elysia for the awesome sig! ^_^

Shulk
Shulk
  • Mario
  • 24,960 Posts

Posted 24 February 2015 - 11:02 PM

Okay here is a weird one that I just thought of. I'm thankful for aging. Yes, I'm happy that we all get older because with age comes experience and maturity. This has become very evident with the online communities I'm a part of such as this. We have all grown over the years and now most people who are still around are 20+. You hardly see any drama online anymore because we are not self righteous brats looking to become "popular". Everyone may at some point in their life have this need to feel accepted and online that's no different. However, the way most would go about gaining popularity on websites was so childish. So I'm thankful we've all grown up. hahaha

Fatal
Fatal
  • Rattata
  • 151 Posts

Posted 24 February 2015 - 11:24 PM

I'm thankful for the fact that we can have an awesome forum with tons of people just like us backing us up. That's the way I feel, at least. :)

Sunkissii
Sunkissii
  • Armos Knight
  • 3,410 Posts

Posted 25 February 2015 - 12:07 AM

I'm thankful for:

*Family

Reason: I'm happy to have a good family, that is willing to support and help me

through tough times and such. And also getting through it together.

*2 best (Online) friends

Reason: For being there for me, helping me get through tough times, etc.

*Skills and learning new experience

Reason: From helping or volunteering at my church or helping other people around my state/area.

*Learning from my mistakes

Reason: Even though I would beat myself up for it. I gotta remember that it's just

a mistake. And I should just move on and hope I don't make that mistake again. 

Edited by Sunny, 25 February 2015 - 01:17 AM.

wU2Pke4.gifD2qlmWT.gif Always happy~

Sanji07
Sanji07

Nya

• Kirby
  • 10,789 Posts

Posted 25 February 2015 - 12:36 AM

I'm thankful for the fact that we can have an awesome forum with tons of people just like us backing us up. That's the way I feel, at least. :)

Yeah this place feels like a second home to me. 83

Posted Image

^0w0^

Posted Image

Shulk
Shulk
  • Mario
  • 24,960 Posts

Posted 09 March 2015 - 06:22 AM

It's kind of funny. Our Watchtower study yesterday was all about giving thanks and showing appreciation for the things you have. My grandmother gave her very first comment! She was so excited she jumped out of her seat and shouted before the mic even got to her lol. So I'm very grateful for my grandmother. She is a beautiful person and such a joy to be around ever since she started to study the Bible.

Zae
Zae
  • Monty Mole
  • 393 Posts

Posted 18 March 2015 - 12:47 AM

Thankful for my best friend and love interest, Quickie-la.

For bringing me through immense depression, suicide, hateful personality, and bringing me to my belief in god, even though she was atheist at the time.

All something she isnt even aware of.

Thankful for my second in line best friend, Mason.

For teaching me that males can be trusted and not be total assholes, and that some bad thing that a person has been cursed with doesnt make them bad.

I got a lot of other things but those two are the main things.

Edited by Zae, 18 March 2015 - 12:47 AM.

pew pew

Sanji07
Sanji07

Nya

• Kirby
  • 10,789 Posts

Posted 19 March 2015 - 05:15 PM

Thankful for my best friend and love interest, Quickie-la.

For bringing me through immense depression, suicide, hateful personality, and bringing me to my belief in god, even though she was atheist at the time.

All something she isnt even aware of.

Thankful for my second in line best friend, Mason.

For teaching me that males can be trusted and not be total assholes, and that some bad thing that a person has been cursed with doesnt make them bad.

I got a lot of other things but those two are the main things.

I'm thankful you have such great friends. XD They can be hard to come by, especially those who are willing to witness.

I'm thankful for my boyfriend. Yes I worry alot and am constantly in fear of making the same mistakes as I have in past relationships, but...well I'm thankful for him. Despite my anxiety at times. Maybe some anxiety isn't bad. It shows I'm trying new things by being out of my comfort zone. 

Edited by Sanji07, 19 March 2015 - 05:17 PM.

Posted Image

^0w0^

Posted Image

Shulk
Shulk
  • Mario
  • 24,960 Posts

Posted 31 March 2015 - 05:36 PM

I am thankful for coupons. I've never really been a person to use them, but they can save you so much money! A few months ago because of coupons I saved over $50 on medicine. I would have bought more if I had the money. And now today I got half my food for free because of coupons. I definitely plan to use more coupons.

Colette
Colette
  • Thwomp
  • 711 Posts

Posted 10 June 2015 - 02:13 PM

I am so thankful for my family and family, without them I wouldn't be the person I am today. I'm also so thankful to have been given the change to meet my husband and all the wonderful things that have happened since that day.

Posted Image

Justice and love will always win

Sanji07
Sanji07

Nya

• Kirby
  • 10,789 Posts

Posted 10 June 2015 - 04:25 PM

I am thankful for my pets. They each have such unique personalities, and seeing them interact with each other is both adorable and hilarious (especially since the cats loves tackling our youngest dog).  :meow:

Posted Image

^0w0^

Posted Image

Beauseant
Beauseant

And still I am Lady Death, always dressed extravagantly.

• Bulborb
  • 919 Posts

Posted 12 June 2015 - 02:55 PM

My things i am thanksful for! 

My friends, both offline and online

My games/PC and consoles

The existance of this place

Anyone who ever made any kind of art for me

The melon i am currently eating

D5cpUXc.png

BlPltJD.png

Colette
Colette
  • Thwomp
  • 711 Posts

Posted 14 June 2015 - 12:42 PM

I am thankful for the chance of repairing Spin and I's relationship with his parents. The past two weeks, we have been able to go over on Saturday to spend time with them playing board games, card games, and video games.

I'm also thankful for the existence of video games and the entertainment they provide. I've been playing them since I got my first game console (N64) on Christmas. I'm also thankful for the chance video games gave me to meet several of my IRL and online friends.

Posted Image

Justice and love will always win

Sanji07
Sanji07

Nya

• Kirby
  • 10,789 Posts

Posted 14 June 2015 - 01:22 PM

I am thankful for the chance of repairing Spin and I's relationship with his parents. The past two weeks, we have been able to go over on Saturday to spend time with them playing board games, card games, and video games.

I'm also thankful for the existence of video games and the entertainment they provide. I've been playing them since I got my first game console (N64) on Christmas. I'm also thankful for the chance video games gave me to meet several of my IRL and online friends.

That's great to hear! ^_^

Posted Image

^0w0^

Posted Image