Photo

Chat Thread 2017 - Now with 25% fewer pages!

• Please log in to reply
88 replies to this topic

Hugh
Hugh

A Mann's Man

• 6,935 Posts

Users Awards

Posted 06 January 2017 - 05:10 PM

Really surprised the previous chat thread wasn't locked until I came back to meddle with things!

How's everyone's 2017 going so far? Anything noteworthy happen to you in 2016?

Sanji07
Sanji07

Nya

• Kirby
  • 10,749 Posts

Users Awards

Posted 06 January 2017 - 08:55 PM

2017 seems to be fine so far. I got my first job and flew for the first time last year.  :meh:

Posted Image

^0w0^

Posted Image

Hugh
Hugh

A Mann's Man

• 6,935 Posts

Users Awards

Posted 07 January 2017 - 02:28 AM

Omg Sanji that's awesome! What's the job? And where did you fly to?

Trinity
Trinity

Speaks In Animated Images

• Zelda
  • 5,329 Posts

Users Awards

Posted 07 January 2017 - 12:41 PM

Flying is fun and I wish I could do it more often.  Maybe even fly myself sometime.

I also got a jobe last year.  Take that, 2016 haters.  :v

Posted Image
Spoiler

B9M
B9M

In World 7-4, lost in that damn maze.

• Monty Mole
  • 306 Posts

Posted 07 January 2017 - 08:07 PM

Got let go on another forum. So... 2017 has been something so far. But good riddance to them. Onto better things.

MageLeif
MageLeif

Tidal Trickster

• Administrator
  • 10,668 Posts

Users Awards

Posted 07 January 2017 - 09:35 PM

Nothing really notable for me in 2016, but I will most likely be moving to California soon for a full-time job.

For about the last year I've been working 30 hours a week as a software engineer and my company wants to promote me to a better position.

Top Bunk
Top Bunk

Top Bunk

• Administrator
  • 15,542 Posts

Users Awards

Posted 08 January 2017 - 02:00 AM

@MageLeif Congrats on the (possible) promotion! Those work hours though, gg.

2016 was a stupid year for me. My most eventful experience was getting on a plane and leaving the country for the first time in my life. My most negative experience involves the reason for that trip. Emotional rollercoasters aside, I spent too much in the year on things I shouldn't have.

Here's to not making mistakes in 2017. Cheers.

bZCTZfr.png

Spoiler

Sanji07
Sanji07

Nya

• Kirby
  • 10,749 Posts

Users Awards

Posted 08 January 2017 - 02:42 AM

Omg Sanji that's awesome! What's the job? And where did you fly to?

Thanks. I'm a cashier at the Fresh Market here. Back in October, my dad and  I flew to Indiana to see his buddy and wife in Illinois.  :dummy:

Posted Image

^0w0^

Posted Image

NintendoQueen
NintendoQueen

Haaaave You Met Ted?

• Space Pirate
  • 2,482 Posts

Users Awards

Posted 08 January 2017 - 04:30 AM

@Top Bunk

Hey, we all make mistakes. But you still got to go to Canada, which is so cool! 

Also, 2016 was a pretty good year for me. I got to go to Pennsylvania for a few days back in August, I renewed my love for hula hooping, and I started going back to college, which I am totally loving. <3

Here's to an even better 2017! The scary thing is that I will turn 28 years old this year....

:)

Hugh
Hugh

A Mann's Man

• 6,935 Posts

Users Awards

Posted 08 January 2017 - 11:43 AM

Oh my gosh hello everybody!!!!! :) I'm really happy I'm getting the chance to catch up with all of you!

Got let go on another forum. So... 2017 has been something so far. But good riddance to them. Onto better things.

I'm sorry to hear that... I hope us here at NP will be able to help fill at least some of the void and help you out!

Nothing really notable for me in 2016, but I will most likely be moving to California soon for a full-time job.

For about the last year I've been working 30 hours a week as a software engineer and my company wants to promote me to a better position.

That's so awesome, Mage! That's such an amazing step forward and I'm really happy for you! Are you excited to go to go?

2016 was a stupid year for me. My most eventful experience was getting on a plane and leaving the country for the first time in my life. My most negative experience involves the reason for that trip. Emotional rollercoasters aside, I spent too much in the year on things I shouldn't have.

Aw I'm sorry, TB :(  It sounds like 2016 was a bit of a low year for you and I hope this one goes better! But Canada though... you didn't even visit me </3  How was flying for the first time?

Thanks. I'm a cashier at the Fresh Market here. Back in October, my dad and  I flew to Indiana to see his buddy and wife in Illinois.  :dummy:

That's really cool! How do you like working there? Man everyone is flying places and I am so jealous!!!!!

@Top Bunk

Also, 2016 was a pretty good year for me. I got to go to Pennsylvania for a few days back in August, I renewed my love for hula hooping, and I started going back to college, which I am totally loving. <3

Here's to an even better 2017! The scary thing is that I will turn 28 years old this year....

You do hula hooping?!?!?!? That's so awesome!!!!! And you're back in college too?! What are you studying?

B9M
B9M

In World 7-4, lost in that damn maze.

• Monty Mole
  • 306 Posts

Posted 08 January 2017 - 04:23 PM

Oh my gosh hello everybody!!!!! :) I'm really happy I'm getting the chance to catch up with all of you!

I'm sorry to hear that... I hope us here at NP will be able to help fill at least some of the void and help you out!

That's so awesome, Mage! That's such an amazing step forward and I'm really happy for you! Are you excited to go to go?

Aw I'm sorry, TB :(  It sounds like 2016 was a bit of a low year for you and I hope this one goes better! But Canada though... you didn't even visit me </3  How was flying for the first time?

That's really cool! How do you like working there? Man everyone is flying places and I am so jealous!!!!!

You do hula hooping?!?!?!? That's so awesome!!!!! And you're back in college too?! What are you studying?

Thanks. The place was heading in a not so good direction. So onto better things. 

Top Bunk
Top Bunk

Top Bunk

• Administrator
  • 15,542 Posts

Users Awards

Posted 08 January 2017 - 05:11 PM

@Top Bunk

I guess going to Canada was pretty cool overall. I just wish I spent more time sightseeing and exploring instead of wasting my time there on some wench.

It wouldn't have been easy to go from BC to Sasquatch land, otherwise I might have visited :p I actually enjoyed flying though. My mom kept trying to tell me it would be some horrifying experience, just because she's afraid of planes herself. Yet it felt so liberating, feeling the plane take off, soaring in the sky, seeing the landscape shrink below, and eventually landing at its destination. I used to think I'd never be able to get on a plane in my life, but at least that's something I can check off my bucket list now.

bZCTZfr.png

Spoiler

Sanji07
Sanji07

Nya

• Kirby
  • 10,749 Posts

Users Awards

Posted 08 January 2017 - 07:27 PM

@Hugh It's okay. First job and all. 8P

Posted Image

^0w0^

Posted Image

MageLeif
MageLeif

Tidal Trickster

• Administrator
  • 10,668 Posts

Users Awards

Posted 08 January 2017 - 10:05 PM

Yeah I'm pretty excited since I'll finally be living independently :D

I kind of liked working only 30 hours a week, gave me a lot of free time to learn other things that helped prepare me for other things I might do for work in the future. Now it'll be nice though working 40 hours for that extra moneys.

And hopefully the next time you go to a foreign country it'll be for a vacation/leisure.

Top Bunk
Top Bunk

Top Bunk

• Administrator
  • 15,542 Posts

Users Awards

Posted 09 January 2017 - 12:42 PM

Yeah I'm pretty excited since I'll finally be living independently :D

I kind of liked working only 30 hours a week, gave me a lot of free time to learn other things that helped prepare me for other things I might do for work in the future. Now it'll be nice though working 40 hours for that extra moneys.

And hopefully the next time you go to a foreign country it'll be for a vacation/leisure.

If you're going to live independently, maybe I'll just have to crash at your place. :v Might be better jobs out there compared to what I can get here anyways.

More money is always good at least, so can't complain about that.

Would certainly be nice to travel to other countries for vacation every now and then. I'd need a much better job to save up money with to do that though, and of course I'd have to move out so that I can do it without my mother ever knowing. :v

bZCTZfr.png

Spoiler

Hugh
Hugh

A Mann's Man

• 6,935 Posts

Users Awards

Posted 09 January 2017 - 07:41 PM

@TB: Well despite that part of the trip being horrible, I'm still glad you were able to complete your goal of flying and to visit BC! It's gorgeous! Definitely wouldn't have been feasible to come here, it's like a 14 hour drive    -_-

@Mage: For sure, it'll be tough with less time to yourself, but soon enough you'll be rolling in money! How far away is the move for you? Is it still feasible to visit your parents relatively often?

PsychoDuck
PsychoDuck

A duck what acts crazy-like

• Pikachu
  • 8,535 Posts

Users Awards

Posted 09 January 2017 - 08:44 PM

Hey people. I have job now. Work in large warehouse. Warehouse have many robots. Cool ones. Warehouse and robots have been on news. Discovery Channel filmed a thing. Not sure if aired. Robots though. Is cool. High tech and all that kind of stuff.

And here I am moving crap around with a pallet truck and kinda just being near the robotic cool stuff without actually working on/with it. Such is life.

• Kea likes this

Oi00g.png

(2009-2013)

TwitterYoutube

The Duck Has Spoken.

Sanji07
Sanji07

Nya

• Kirby
  • 10,749 Posts

Users Awards

Posted 09 January 2017 - 08:57 PM

@Psychoduck Welcome back, and congrats on the job! ^-^

Posted Image

^0w0^

Posted Image

MageLeif
MageLeif

Tidal Trickster

• Administrator
  • 10,668 Posts

Users Awards

Posted 09 January 2017 - 09:25 PM

If you're going to live independently, maybe I'll just have to crash at your place. :v Might be better jobs out there compared to what I can get here anyways.

More money is always good at least, so can't complain about that.

Would certainly be nice to travel to other countries for vacation every now and then. I'd need a much better job to save up money with to do that though, and of course I'd have to move out so that I can do it without my mother ever knowing. :v

I'd be living somewhere near North Hollywood in Los Angeles. Later in the year I'm planning on moving my boyfriend in and helping him to find a job too. There's a ton of places looking for work in the area.

Originally I had plans with another friend to stay with me and find work in the area (I'd get a 2 bedroom apartment), but he decided to go to college instead.

Anyways, if you want to split rent at my future place that'd be cool with me.

MageLeif
MageLeif

Tidal Trickster

• Administrator
  • 10,668 Posts

Users Awards

Posted 09 January 2017 - 09:31 PM

@Mage: For sure, it'll be tough with less time to yourself, but soon enough you'll be rolling in money! How far away is the move for you? Is it still feasible to visit your parents relatively often?

I'm in Minnesota right now, so it'll be halfway across the country. I don't mind it though; will probably visit parents for a few days during Thanksgiving and two weeks for Christmas/New Years.

Hey people. I have job now. Work in large warehouse. Warehouse have many robots. Cool ones. Warehouse and robots have been on news. Discovery Channel filmed a thing. Not sure if aired. Robots though. Is cool. High tech and all that kind of stuff.

And here I am moving crap around with a pallet truck and kinda just being near the robotic cool stuff without actually working on/with it. Such is life.

Feels just like yesterday when we were teenagers debating global warming  :la:

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users