Photo

Yo-kai Watch 2(third game) Psychic Specters -this Fall.

• Please log in to reply
5 replies to this topic

Autumn
Autumn

Sage

• Bullet Bill
  • 1,523 Posts

Users Awards

Posted 07 August 2017 - 10:59 AM

Everyone knows about the new Pokemon games coming out in November 2017, Ultra Sun and Ultra Moon, but did you know there is a new Yo-kai Watch game coming out in Sept. 2017? Because who would not rather collect Yo-kai than Pokemon? I love both games actually, but Yo-kai are something special and very fun. 

Yo-kai are those little spirits, ghosts, demons in Japanese lore that can be helpful but, mostly they cause mischief. If you are having a bad day put it down to a Yo-kai being near you.

This new game, Psychic Specters is the third in the series of Yo-kai Wach 2. It is a single game that ties into the first two Bony Spirits/Fleshy Souls. It will take place in the same areas and it has the same time traveling from present to the past, as the other two games had. In this game, you will find out a bit more about how Yo-kai came to be and answers to more burning questions you may have had about Yo-kai.

There will be new Yo-kai and new trains, new areas, and new quests. 

Quests are a big part of Yo-kai Watch games, it is good to be helpful and often times people are having a hard time and need your help because of those prankster loving Yo-kai.

I love Yo-kai Watch games. They are fun, quirky, beautiful, and I love the battle system.

The battle system for Yo-kai Watch is not standard and not everyone has fallen in love with it. Some people think that you as the player are not taking charge and just watching your Yo-kai do their thing. The same could be said for Pokemon, you choose a Pokemon you choose to attack and you choose a move. Unless a game is real time battle you are always going to be watching your characters battle.

I find the pace fast and you have to be always watching to see when you can unleash your best moves when you need to heal or give a healing item and you have to spin that wheel as some Yo-kai are better at dealing with certain types of enemies. Many of the battles can be challenging. While this is all going on your are also trying to "catch" get a new Yo-kai to join you, and this is hit or miss, though there are things you can do to up the chances of befriending a Yo-kai.

You have a maximum of 6 Yo-kai that you battle with. You can set up any Yo-kai that you want to use on a wheel, place them next to other Yo-kai of the same Tribe (Slippery Tribe, Eerie, Heartful, and so on)  to get a boost. Yo-kai have attitudes, much like Pokemon natures, and you can boost attitude or in some cases change it with special books you buy or find.

While in battle you can spin the wheel so that your top three are in combat, this gives you many combinations to select to be the most effective. The wheel battle system is fast and can be furious in a boss battle. The Yo-kai battle in auto mode, but there is a special attack that is a Soultimate move, when the Soultimate gauge is full you perform an action on the bottom 3DS screen with your stylus and your Soultimate move will be unleashed.

What new Yo-kai await Nate and what new stories will be told?

I am very excited to play this new addition to the Yo-kai Watch games. 

Posted Image

Sanji07
Sanji07

Nya

• Kirby
  • 10,767 Posts

Users Awards

Posted 08 August 2017 - 04:27 PM

tumblr_m7ahgi2MiQ1qmjlowo1_500.gif

I still haven't played the first game yet...

Edited by Sanji07, 08 August 2017 - 04:27 PM.

Posted Image

^0w0^

Posted Image

Autumn
Autumn

Sage

• Bullet Bill
  • 1,523 Posts

Users Awards

Posted 08 August 2017 - 05:22 PM

Sanji:O. You have to play it, they are so awesome. Do you have the first one? I rarely seem to run into people that play the games I do, and yet I play so many games. Maybe I am the only gamer around? lol can't be, they sell so many of these games. I don't play pc games maybe the people I run into are pc gamers. Well, I hope you do play it and I hope you love it. 

Posted Image

Sanji07
Sanji07

Nya

• Kirby
  • 10,767 Posts

Users Awards

Posted 09 August 2017 - 12:12 AM

Sanji:O. You have to play it, they are so awesome. Do you have the first one? I rarely seem to run into people that play the games I do, and yet I play so many games. Maybe I am the only gamer around? lol can't be, they sell so many of these games. I don't play pc games maybe the people I run into are pc gamers. Well, I hope you do play it and I hope you love it. 

Yes I have the first and second games (Bony Spirits-I preordered it for the keychain X'D). I've just been busy with real life. Not to mention the fact that I still haven't beaten Pokemon Sun yet....

Posted Image

^0w0^

Posted Image

Autumn
Autumn

Sage

• Bullet Bill
  • 1,523 Posts

Users Awards

Posted 09 August 2017 - 06:08 PM

A keychain? Lucky. Of course, I usually download most of my games these days so no bonus for me.:( Pokemon Sun, I got Moon it was a nice game. I will pre-order Ultra Sun probably, not probably pre-ordering Pokemon just that I will switch to Sun this time instead of Moon. Life, it sure can get in the way of games, later on in life, you will have a lot of free time, hopefully. I love my free time, though it does not pay. 

Posted Image

Sanji07
Sanji07

Nya

• Kirby
  • 10,767 Posts

Users Awards

Posted 10 August 2017 - 06:06 PM

A keychain? Lucky. Of course, I usually download most of my games these days so no bonus for me.:( Pokemon Sun, I got Moon it was a nice game. I will pre-order Ultra Sun probably, not probably pre-ordering Pokemon just that I will switch to Sun this time instead of Moon. Life, it sure can get in the way of games, later on in life, you will have a lot of free time, hopefully. I love my free time, though it does not pay. 

Yeah I would have waited if not for the cat yokai keychain (forgot his name). X'D I was originally going to get Moon, but then changed my mind immediately when I saw Solgaleo. I love cats so much, and I fell in love with the big, fluffy lion-like pokemon right away. X'D 

Posted Image

^0w0^

Posted Image

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users