Photo

Looking for a new author? Jonas Jonasson, brilliant writer.

• Please log in to reply
No replies to this topic

Autumn
Autumn

Sage

• Bullet Bill
  • 1,523 Posts

Users Awards

Posted 07 August 2017 - 11:23 AM

Reading, it is a delightful summer pastime and there is nothing better on a cold winter day/evening than curling up with a good book.

I have always read a lot. This past year I have discovered a new favourite author.

Jonas Jonasson, a writer from Sweden. Jonas has been a journalist, television producer, and media consultant. He decided to turn his talents to writing fiction. 

I cannot praise this author enough. He has written to date three books. Each book is very different and each a delight.

My first encounter with this amazing author's work was the book, 

The Hundred- Year -Old -Man Who Climbed Out A Window And Disappeared. The story starts out rather sane, a gentleman is about to celebrate his 100th birthday. He lives in a home for the elderly and he is not satisfied. So, he escapes. From the scene in the train station, I fell in love with this author's writing. The story is a wild ride that takes us on a journey that no-one who reads it will forget. We are taken into this old man's past to see what he did when he was younger, and this is where Jonas really shines, the memories are hilarious and my jaw dropped many times. At the same time, we follow along to see where this old man goes and what he gets up to. A fabulous read and a fantastic journey. 

I have bought three copies of this book to give to others to read, it is that amazing.

The second book I read by this author is The Girl Who Saved The King Of Sweden.

A story about one young woman who goes from a rough start in life to the highest places in society and the difference she made. An incredible journey. I highly recommend this book. It will have you cheering this young woman on.

I have bought two copies of this book to give to others to read. 

The third book Jonas has out is Hitman Anders And the Meaning Of It All. A great read, not my favorite of his books but well worth the time. Yes, it really is about a hitman and his journey in a zany story.

Jonas Jonasson is working on a fourth book. All his books are written in Swedish and then translated into English, so I have a wait ahead of me.

Give this author a try if you love to read and are looking for something new. Find the books at your library or sometimes a good used bookstore will have copies. They are books worth paying full price for if you can afford it. 

Posted Image

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users