7 replies to this topic

Sanji07
Sanji07

Nya

• Kirby
  • 10,781 Posts

Users Awards

Posted 22 August 2017 - 02:10 PM

Did any of you guys get to see the solar eclipse? It was around 73-80% totality here, but wasn't really noticeable without special glasses. It did look amazing with the glasses. |3 

Posted Image

^0w0^

Posted Image

Top Bunk
Top Bunk

Top Bunk

• Administrator
  • 15,548 Posts

Users Awards

Posted 22 August 2017 - 04:39 PM

Did any of you guys get to see the solar eclipse? It was around 73-80% totality here, but wasn't really noticeable without special glasses. It did look amazing with the glasses. |3 

I hope for the sake of your retinas that you didn't try looking at the solar eclipse before putting the special glasses on. :v

I missed out on the solar eclipse though. Slept in too late and missed the free eclipse glasses that were being given away, and I certainly wasn't going to waste money buying some. Had like 95%+ totality here though. Would have had 100% if I lived further south in my state.

bZCTZfr.png

Spoiler

Sanji07
Sanji07

Nya

• Kirby
  • 10,781 Posts

Users Awards

Posted 22 August 2017 - 05:03 PM

I hope for the sake of your retinas that you didn't try looking at the solar eclipse before putting the special glasses on. :v

I missed out on the solar eclipse though. Slept in too late and missed the free eclipse glasses that were being given away, and I certainly wasn't going to waste money buying some. Had like 95%+ totality here though. Would have had 100% if I lived further south in my state.

Definitely not. XD;; My brother and I watched it at a pier with a couple friends. A leaving family gave one of our friends a pair of glasses, so we were really fortunate. 

Sorry to hear that. I'm sure there are plenty of good photos and videos. 

Posted Image

^0w0^

Posted Image

Top Bunk
Top Bunk

Top Bunk

• Administrator
  • 15,548 Posts

Users Awards

Posted 24 August 2017 - 12:44 AM

Not as interesting if it's not viewed in person. But it's supposed to happen again in April 2024. Plenty of time to prepare for.

bZCTZfr.png

Spoiler

Hugh
Hugh

A Mann's Man

• 6,936 Posts

Users Awards

Posted 24 August 2017 - 02:26 PM

We only had 75% coverage here, but I had some old glasses from the Venus transit in 2013 so we just used those!

Sanji07
Sanji07

Nya

• Kirby
  • 10,781 Posts

Users Awards

Posted 26 August 2017 - 07:02 PM

We only had 75% coverage here, but I had some old glasses from the Venus transit in 2013 so we just used those!

That's pretty cool! 

Posted Image

^0w0^

Posted Image

Sunkissii
Sunkissii
  • Armos Knight
  • 3,410 Posts

Users Awards

Posted 29 August 2017 - 09:16 AM

I didn't know about it until someone (My mom's friend) was talking about going to see the eclipse. And I didn't have anyone to go with. So I missed it. Tried to look online to see if anyone recorded it (You know like the news team or something). 

wU2Pke4.gifD2qlmWT.gif Always happy~

Sanji07
Sanji07

Nya

• Kirby
  • 10,781 Posts

Users Awards

Posted 29 August 2017 - 11:28 PM

I didn't know about it until someone (My mom's friend) was talking about going to see the eclipse. And I didn't have anyone to go with. So I missed it. Tried to look online to see if anyone recorded it (You know like the news team or something). 

I'm sure you can find lots of videos on youtube. NASA had a livestreaming, as did others. There are definitely plenty of pictures too.

Posted Image

^0w0^

Posted Image

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users