6 replies to this topic

Sanji07
Sanji07

Nya

• Kirby
  • 10,795 Posts

Users Awards

Posted 10 September 2017 - 03:16 PM

How are you guys holding up? I should be okay. Strong wind and rain is expected, but Irma is not expected to hit my area directly. 

Posted Image

^0w0^

Posted Image

Top Bunk
Top Bunk

Top Bunk

• Administrator
  • 15,549 Posts

Users Awards

Posted 11 September 2017 - 05:34 AM

According to those I've talked to that live where it hit harder, it's not as catastrophic as people were led to believe. A lot of power outages, which were expected, along with fallen trees and other damage here and there. But as far as I know, houses still stand and people are alive. Flooding might be an issue depending on location too, Floridans around the coast usually have good flooding prevention. All this is just second-hand knowledge, so I don't have as many details as someone who was directly in it would have.

bZCTZfr.png

Spoiler

Sanji07
Sanji07

Nya

• Kirby
  • 10,795 Posts

Users Awards

Posted 11 September 2017 - 04:04 PM

According to those I've talked to that live where it hit harder, it's not as catastrophic as people were led to believe. A lot of power outages, which were expected, along with fallen trees and other damage here and there. But as far as I know, houses still stand and people are alive. Flooding might be an issue depending on location too, Floridans around the coast usually have good flooding prevention. All this is just second-hand knowledge, so I don't have as many details as someone who was directly in it would have.

Yeah that sounds about right. I know some of my friends in Georgia are having power outages. 

Posted Image

^0w0^

Posted Image

Shoe
Shoe

I didn't do it

• Bulborb
  • 847 Posts

Users Awards

Posted 19 October 2017 - 11:40 AM

Our area in Palm Beach County was alright at the end of it. Could have been much worse here. Some torn fences, felled trees, etc but nothing major.

I went down to the keys with a team last week. The damage there was really bad, I took some pictures.

CchfwDD.jpg

There was debris like this for miles. In the residential areas there were miles and miles of trash like this as well, but in some areas the piles were half as tall as these.

1gw1NEo.jpg

These were the trucks and machines they were using to clear it all. Its a big job and likely going to take a very long time. There were all kinds of piles of appliances and furniture too like washers, dryers, refrigerators, beds, couches and such all ruined and tossed out. There were several trailer homes left on the side of the road smashed up too.

For those who don't know, the Florida Keys are the little island on the southernmost tip of Florida.

It's also worth mentioning that Puerto Rico has suffered horribly after Maria, the strongest and most devastating hurricane to hit them possibly ever. Its a mess...

Edited by Shoe, 19 October 2017 - 11:49 AM.

Sanji07
Sanji07

Nya

• Kirby
  • 10,795 Posts

Users Awards

Posted 25 October 2017 - 02:04 PM

@Shoe I'm glad to hear you're alright. It's really sad seeing how much destruction Puerto Rico and the Keys have suffered.

Posted Image

^0w0^

Posted Image

Trinity
Trinity

Speaks In Animated Images

• Zelda
  • 5,330 Posts

Users Awards

Posted 27 October 2017 - 06:36 PM

On the broader topic of this year's tropical cyclone season,

Welcome to Japan.

n-typhoon-b-20171024.jpg

Posted Image
Spoiler

Shoe
Shoe

I didn't do it

• Bulborb
  • 847 Posts

Users Awards

Posted 03 November 2017 - 01:43 PM

Wow. That looks pretty horrendous to say the least.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users