• Please log in to reply
121 replies to this topic

Razor Bern
Razor Bern

Pirate

• Ike
  • 9,443 Posts

Posted 26 November 2012 - 10:48 AM

Everyone should at least try Superman 64 out once just to experience the legendary level of suck that game possesses. Totally worth the 5 bucks Keatos.

ShulkSignature.jpg

Joshua
Joshua

The Watcher

• Bulborb
  • 846 Posts

Users Awards

Posted 28 November 2012 - 12:15 AM

I also saw Castlevania 64, another terrible game, I hear. IF I GOT IT, IT WOULD BE MY FIRST CASTLEVANIA...!

If it's your first Castlevania, you'll probably be fine with it. Castlevania 64 is not actually a terrible game. It's definitely flawed and not up to par with more noteworthy action/adventure games on the Nintendo 64. The game can be frustrating and very challenging, but I really enjoyed playing it.

It was my first Castlevania, and I still consider it a fine game. However, having played most of the other Castlevania games at this point, I understand completely why it got a bad reputation. In particular, Symphony of the Night was released two years prior to 64 and was the first "Metroidvania" Castlevania game. Symphony of the Night is a vastly superior game. It's easy to see why Castlevania fans were disappointed with 64.

EDIT: I just went looking...critics were actually pretty nice to Castlevania 64. http://www.metacriti.../critic-reviews

Edited by Joshua, 28 November 2012 - 12:18 AM.

261excw.gif nl74m9.gif vo0jnk.png

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users