• Please log in to reply
21 replies to this topic

Ben
Ben

Koopaling

• Koopa Troopa
  • 637 Posts

Posted 05 February 2008 - 06:21 PM

Hello folks. Just so you don't get confused this is a post about Pokemon Fire Red for the gameboy advance. Not diamond or pearl.

Anyways in Fire Red I went up against the elite four and was crushed. http://forum.nintend...tyle_emoticons/default/crying.png(
I thought I had a good team and that I would beat them without a problem. If anyone has played this game can you please give me some tips?

My team is:

Charizard, lvl 55
Pidgeot, level 55
Articuno, lvl 53
Zapdos, lvl 53
Moltres, lvl 53

(after I beat the elite four I want to trade the legendaries birdies to pearl) :p
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Ashlynn Lilacflower
Ashlynn Lilacflower

Waddle Dee

• Rattata
  • 100 Posts

Posted 05 February 2008 - 06:26 PM

Those legendary birds don't help. I didn't use my Wartortle (yes, it's still a Wartortle) for the Elite Four. I used a level 65 Pidgeot, and a few other stronger Pokemon. You could try using you Charizard. My brother hasn't beaten them yet, and he uses his Charizard every time. I recommend leveling up your Pidgeot.http://forum.nintendopipeline.net/public/style_emoticons/default/crying.png)

Kea
Kea

memento mori

• Ness
  • 7,888 Posts

Users Awards

Posted 05 February 2008 - 06:47 PM

First of all, get rid of the legendary birds.

Also, I would suggest building a more diverse theme... If I can remember correctly, my E4 team was... Charizard, Jolteon, Pidgeot, Lapras, and I THINK two sacrifices... Maybe only one, but I can't remember the 5th Pokémon... '-' Oh well.

You also need a better electric... Get a Raichu or Jolteon. I guess Zapdos MIGHT work, but having all three is... eh...

Okay, just incase you don't remember, the E4 is Ice, Fighting, Ghost, and Dragon.

Take Ice out with your Charizard and Electric. Use Electric for the Ice-Water ones.

For Fighting, use your Pidgeot and (if you chose to keep them) your legendary birds. Lapras (because you need one ;P) takes out the Rock ones he has.

Ghost? Ghost is weak against... Dark... Umm... Get a Pokémon that knows Bite and abuse it. :P

For Dragon, if your Charizard knows Dragon Claw, that'll be good for the Dragonairs (Dragonite?). For Aerodactyl, try... Maybe a Water-type like Lapras. Gyarados should be taken out with an Electric. If Charizard dies, get that Lapras. Ice Beam is really good.

Anyway, you should level up that Eevee and turn it into a Jolteon and level up your Lapras. Also get one other Pokémon of your choice. Something that knows dark-type moves, maybe.

Also, level up more.

Posted Image

Epona
Epona

...life could be simple.

• Armos Knight
  • 3,212 Posts

Users Awards

Posted 05 February 2008 - 06:50 PM

Wow, those are some nice tips, lol.

Anywho, this should just be in the... I guess legacy system board, since it's not about D/P.

~Moved

Autumn
Autumn

Sage

• Bullet Bill
  • 1,523 Posts

Users Awards

Posted 05 February 2008 - 07:44 PM

Ben, LG/FR are a lot harder than D/P. I am no expert but I know the legendary birds won`t help you with this one, and your levels are a bit low. I had a tough time in LG, I had to go back to the E4 three times, not so in Diamond, first time was the win. Good luck, it is a nice feeling to beat this E4.
Posted Image

Ben
Ben

Koopaling

• Koopa Troopa
  • 637 Posts

Posted 05 February 2008 - 08:22 PM

Yes thankyou for the advice everyone. http://forum.nintend...tyle_emoticons/default/crying.png)
I have set up a new team and I plan on training them all to atleast be level 60.

My new pokemon in my team are:

Charizard
Pideott
Raichu
Haunter
Lapras
Morowak

They are all good and it has pokemon that will help a lot. The raichu will help against the ice trainer, the Morowak will also be good as well as the Lapras on the other people too.
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Dtram
Dtram

Pokémon Trainer

• Bulborb
  • 962 Posts

Posted 06 February 2008 - 12:15 AM

Yeah I agree, getting through the red/blue/yellow and fire/green was hell. It is SO much harder then ruby and sapphire, which are a complete pushover and is actually kinda sad that they settled for those levels, but I did sure enjoy defeating the harder one more. http://forum.nintend...tyle_emoticons/default/cute.png

Also the very first time I went up against this league, and when I finally defeated the champion...I was so frustrated to find I had to defeat my rival (gary)...:angry:

So I had to train on the league around 4 more times until I could finally defeat him. But I definitely prefer them harder though, the diamond and pearl one isnt bad, especially that dang hippowdon (I never have any super effective moves on it :P)

Well yeah, leaf green and fire red are definitely much harder then most others.

76561198011105803.png

SkullKid
SkullKid

.::Super Sowers::.

• Magikoopa
  • 2,165 Posts

Users Awards

Posted 06 February 2008 - 12:23 AM

Yeah, the Pokemon games have gotten harder since the good old days.

I gave up on the newer Pokemon games, with all of these stats...
That team could beat the E4 on the REAL Red game...http://forum.nintendopipeline.net/public/style_emoticons/default/crying.png/

Posted Image

Posted Image

Kea
Kea

memento mori

• Ness
  • 7,888 Posts

Users Awards

Posted 06 February 2008 - 07:03 AM

Yeah, the Pokemon games have gotten harder since the good old days.

I gave up on the newer Pokemon games, with all of these stats...
That team could beat the E4 on the REAL Red game...http://forum.nintendopipeline.net/public/style_emoticons/default/crying.png/

That's also in part because R/B's AI kinda sucked... I mean, when I was fighting the Ice lady person, her Dewgong just used "Growl" the whole time. And the Ghost lady! Her Gengar or Haunter... It just used "Dream Eater", even if my Pokémon weren't asleep. Only people I really had trouble with was Lance, I think...

I remember it being fairly easy, except for the fact that you could get Frozen much easier.

Posted Image

Dtram
Dtram

Pokémon Trainer

• Bulborb
  • 962 Posts

Posted 06 February 2008 - 07:23 AM

That's also in part because R/B's AI kinda sucked... I mean, when I was fighting the Ice lady person, her Dewgong just used "Growl" the whole time. And the Ghost lady! Her Gengar or Haunter... It just used "Dream Eater", even if my Pokémon weren't asleep. Only people I really had trouble with was Lance, I think...

I remember it being fairly easy, except for the fact that you could get Frozen much easier.

I completely agree, the AI for the previous games was horrible. I'm not sure if they have already done this, but if they have it doesn't show it, but they should ATLEAST programme the game so the opponents actually know the foe's weakness.

But either way, its still extremely easy. Also btw, I always had trouble on the first Ice lady, then didn't have "too" much trouble later on.

76561198011105803.png

TSFRJ
TSFRJ

Waddle Dee

• Rattata
  • 113 Posts

Posted 27 February 2008 - 01:51 AM

never take on E4 withany pokemon under level 60

davykins
davykins
  • Thwomp
  • 710 Posts

Posted 28 February 2008 - 07:14 AM

Well, dang. I thought I'd start leveling up my Legendary birds. I already taught Articuno and Zapdos their most powerful moves; Zapdos is Thunder and Articuno is Blizzard; via TM. I guess I'll have to go rare Pokemon hunting, or something. But now that I traded my Kadabra and my Machoke with a buddy, I think I might be better off.

Also, after the 6th gym, this game does get really hard, and you will notice that the other trainers and the wild Pokemon become much harder. I'm on Victory Road right now, and it's doozy!

WingedYoshi
WingedYoshi

Former Administrator, '09.

• Moblin
  • 2,629 Posts

Users Awards

Posted 28 February 2008 - 11:50 AM

Well, dang. I thought I'd start leveling up my Legendary birds. I already taught Articuno and Zapdos their most powerful moves; Zapdos is Thunder and Articuno is Blizzard; via TM. I guess I'll have to go rare Pokemon hunting, or something. But now that I traded my Kadabra and my Machoke with a buddy, I think I might be better off.

Also, after the 6th gym, this game does get really hard, and you will notice that the other trainers and the wild Pokemon become much harder. I'm on Victory Road right now, and it's doozy!

Ahh! A Classic lover like me! I go way back, and so whenever I play, I usually play with my team from since when I was about 7 or 8; Jolteon, Rapidash, Articuno, Arcanine, Poliwrath, and of course, Machamp! :D

davykins
davykins
  • Thwomp
  • 710 Posts

Posted 28 February 2008 - 03:55 PM

Ahh! A Classic lover like me! I go way back, and so whenever I play, I usually play with my team from since when I was about 7 or 8; Jolteon, Rapidash, Articuno, Arcanine, Poliwrath, and of course, Machamp! :D

Machamp was always my HM slave. :desire:

And my team was usually Venasaur, Gyrados, Kabutops, Moltres, Alakazam, and Machamp.

Cajuntagious
Cajuntagious

The Midnight Bacon Bandit

• Moblin
  • 2,617 Posts

Posted 02 April 2010 - 12:28 PM

It's not hard at all. And holy crap your team is horrible. ._O

You can't win with three legends? LOL

You also have two fire types. O_o

You also have all 5 of your pokemon flying types. <_<

For another thing, you only have 5 pokemon and you can have 6 max. =

Moonlight_Zelda
Moonlight_Zelda

Aspiring Author

• Blooper
  • 1,204 Posts

Posted 04 April 2010 - 04:37 PM

Kanto is one of the more difficult regions, to be sure. The main reason Johto was challenging was the lack of higher level pokemon to train on for the gyms/E4.

However:

Charizard
Pidgeott
Raichu
Haunter
Lapras
Morowak

I'd suggest replacing Haunter with something more flexible. Like a Dragonite (which quite literally owns in the Kanto region). It may take a while to obtain, but it is well worth the time invested.

Lugia Dragonite Guy
Lugia Dragonite Guy

Brave Frontier

• Captain Falcon
  • 7,079 Posts

Users Awards

Posted 04 April 2010 - 04:38 PM

I hate Fire Red because you'll always be incredibly underleveled when you get to the Elite Four.

browneyedgirlsarekillingbill_zpsb4ee5a57

Moonlight_Zelda
Moonlight_Zelda

Aspiring Author

• Blooper
  • 1,204 Posts

Posted 04 April 2010 - 04:43 PM

I hate Fire Red because you'll always be incredibly underleveled when you get to the Elite Four.

Aren't you (the general player) in most regions? Unless some training is set aside about four badges into the game, there it always a lot of catching up to do.

Edited by Moonlight_Zelda, 04 April 2010 - 04:43 PM.

Nathan_Xylar
Nathan_Xylar

The Paladin of Chivalry

• Kremling
  • 1,093 Posts

Posted 04 April 2010 - 05:04 PM

Topic revival? What is this I don't even. :awesome:

I never had a problem with FireRed/LeafGreen, especially with the Elite Four. I always used Charizard (Fire and Flying attacks), Umbreon (Dark, obviously), Lapras (Water and Ice), Sandslash (Ground), Kadabra/Alakazam (Psychic), and I BELIEVE Pikachu for my Electric attacks, but I may be mistaken. Occasionally I may switch between a Fighting or Psychic type, depending on how fickle I am at the moment, but either way, most if not all of my weaknesses are covered.
Posted Image
Posted Image

Espi
Espi
  • Captain Olimar
  • 5,874 Posts

Posted 04 April 2010 - 10:15 PM

Yeah, the Elite Four in the GBA games are all much harder than those in Sinnoh. (I beat Cynthia with a lv.51 Dialga, and I can't imagine it being any easier than that.)

Don't be afraid to use items, and realize that the Champion's Pokemon are all high level.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users