Photo

Which system is better?

• Please log in to reply
97 replies to this topic

Poll: NES or SNES? (30 member(s) have cast votes)

NES or SNES?

You cannot see the results of the poll until you have voted. Please login and cast your vote to see the results of this poll.
Vote Guests cannot vote

Wishgirl
Wishgirl

Toad

• Monty Mole
  • 401 Posts

Posted 11 May 2008 - 11:47 AM

:console:Which do you think is the better the SNES or the NES. I prefer the NES original is always the best!:console:

Posted Image
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Decho
Decho
  • Captain Falcon
  • 6,523 Posts

Users Awards

Posted 11 May 2008 - 09:50 PM

SNES.

I greatly prefer the games on it, and I'm a sucker for RPGs, so SNES without a second thought.

Also, it had superior versions of NES games (like Super Mario All-Stars), amazing sequals (A Link to the Past, Final Fantasy IV/VI, Super Castlevania IV), great RPGs (Star Ocean, Tales of Phantasia, Terranigma, Chrono Trigger, Earthbound, et cetera), and the controller was batter.

So yeah. SNES.

Yubba_Bubba_MAX
Yubba_Bubba_MAX

Mr Farglenaut

• Koopa Troopa
  • 621 Posts

Posted 11 May 2008 - 11:20 PM

NES.

Just cuz I don't have a SNES. But if I did, I would prolly go for SNES, but since I don't, I'm going for NES.

Mysig_zpsf5b3ee47.png

m0h7kRZ.png

SlasherBar2.pngBijulLT.png

FlamingMetroidzd
FlamingMetroidzd

Toad

• Monty Mole
  • 380 Posts

Posted 12 May 2008 - 04:46 AM

Come on. SNES, by far. Just look at the name. It's Super NES. Does that not imply that it is better?

With games like LttP, Super Metriod, SMRPG (as mentioned above), and all these others that I don't know about, but probably should, where can you go wrong?
Posted Image

__Alex__
__Alex__

Ghost

• Thwomp
  • 692 Posts

Posted 12 May 2008 - 06:36 AM

SNES.

I greatly prefer the games on it, and I'm a sucker for RPGs, so SNES without a second thought.

Also, it had superior versions of NES games (like Super Mario All-Stars), amazing sequals (A Link to the Past, Final Fantasy IV/VI, Super Castlevania IV), great RPGs (Star Ocean, Tales of Phantasia, Terranigma, Chrono Trigger, Earthbound, et cetera), and the controller was batter.

So yeah. SNES.

Same for me. I love 16-bit/2D RPGs. Final Fanasy VI, Chrono Trigger, Super Mario RPG, and EarthBound are my faves.

And I don't think I would be bold in saying the SNES had the most awesome, classic titles. Not to mention that a lot of the great games on the NES, like Super Mario Bros. and Metroid, were greatly improved with their newer editions in their respective series (like Super Mario World and Super Metroid).

And who could forget those Mode 7 graphics? I'd like to see your NES pull that off. :ghost:

Posted Image http://i28.photobuck...TackleSig2.png

My best work; made with SoSik's Halo Signature Tutorial. My latest work; an experimental (decent) sprite signature.

Ben
Ben

Koopaling

• Koopa Troopa
  • 637 Posts

Posted 12 May 2008 - 08:49 AM

SNES for three reasons.

1. Harvest Moon
2. Super Mario RPG
3. Earthbound

:P
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

SkullKid
SkullKid

.::Super Sowers::.

• Magikoopa
  • 2,165 Posts

Users Awards

Posted 12 May 2008 - 02:48 PM

I'm gonna have to say SNES.
Even though I love the NES, I have way more memories with my SNES.

Posted Image

Posted Image

Kea
Kea

memento mori

• Ness
  • 7,888 Posts

Users Awards

Posted 12 May 2008 - 03:11 PM

You know, I really have to say the SNES. In fact, it's pretty much a no contest for me. I do enjoy some NES games, but the number of SNES games I like outnumber the NES games by like... Well, a lot.

I mean, I love those good platformers (Donkey Kong Country, Super Mario World, etc.) and those 2-D RPGs. Sure, I only played one RPG on an actual SNES (Illusion of Gaia; decent game. Good gameplay, bad writing), but I enjoy many SNES ports and I'm interested in others.

Soo... Hooray for SNES.

Posted Image

RunawayRed
RunawayRed

Goomba

• Shy Guy
  • 37 Posts

Posted 13 May 2008 - 08:56 AM

SNES, because it was my first home console and I loved all the great games for it such as:

The Legend of Zelda: A Link to the Past
Super Mario World
Super Mario RPG: Legend of the Seven Stars
EarthBound
Donkey Kong Country
Super Mario Kart
SimCity

And so on http://forum.nintend...tyle_emoticons/default/crying.png)
Posted Image

pink_yoshi_2468
pink_yoshi_2468

Goomba

• Cheep-Cheep
  • 55 Posts

Posted 13 May 2008 - 06:31 PM

I think that the N64 is better because of all the great games they had for it just like the first 3 mario partys, suoer mario 64, mario tennis, yoshis' story, Mario Kart 64. I do like other systems but this one is my favorite!!
Posted Image

Kea
Kea

memento mori

• Ness
  • 7,888 Posts

Users Awards

Posted 13 May 2008 - 06:34 PM

I think that the N64 is better because of all the great games they had for it just like the first 3 mario partys, suoer mario 64, mario tennis, yoshis' story, Mario Kart 64. I do like other systems but this one is my favorite!!

Pink, read the topic again. ;] This is about the NES and SNES, not the N64.

I do think the N64 was pretty good, though. Not the best (I didn't have that many good games), but pretty good.

Posted Image

Wishgirl
Wishgirl

Toad

• Monty Mole
  • 401 Posts

Posted 13 May 2008 - 06:35 PM

This is only for the NES and SNES not the N64 but you could start your own thread like which is better N64 or Gamecube.

Posted Image
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

FlamingMetroidzd
FlamingMetroidzd

Toad

• Monty Mole
  • 380 Posts

Posted 14 May 2008 - 06:43 AM

Reasons for NES seem pretty weak. Can anyone think of any other reasons? Even though I'm biased towards SNES, I just can't think of anything better about NES.
Posted Image

WingedYoshi
WingedYoshi

Former Administrator, '09.

• Moblin
  • 2,629 Posts

Users Awards

Posted 14 May 2008 - 10:01 AM

Reasons for NES seem pretty weak. Can anyone think of any other reasons? Even though I'm biased towards SNES, I just can't think of anything better about NES.

It basically broke records, and has even created a type of "culture" evident in media - kids lining up for games... the Super Mario Bros. Theme song... tons of things have become part of pop culture from the NES, and it's become an icon of gamer society.

Newer gamers 13 and younger may not appreciate it's significance if they weren't brought up with it by their parents or anything - all I know is I grew up with it, and it's the reason I bought an N64. That little grey box essentially made my childhood, since I had early social problems.

Without it, I may still not have had friends... it probably kept me from losing my mind and becoming angry. http://forum.nintend...tyle_emoticons/default/crying.png)

Wishgirl
Wishgirl

Toad

• Monty Mole
  • 401 Posts

Posted 14 May 2008 - 02:17 PM

It basically broke records, and has even created a type of "culture" evident in media - kids lining up for games... the Super Mario Bros. Theme song... tons of things have become part of pop culture from the NES, and it's become an icon of gamer society.

Newer gamers 13 and younger may not appreciate it's significance if they weren't brought up with it by their parents or anything - all I know is I grew up with it, and it's the reason I bought an N64. That little grey box essentially made my childhood, since I had early social problems.

Without it, I may still not have had friends... it probably kept me from losing my mind and becoming angry. http://forum.nintend...tyle_emoticons/default/crying.png)

That's why I like the NES. It was a console that started the revolution. Without it we wouldn't have N64, GameCube, Wii, even Playstation systems, and XBox.

Posted Image
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Guest_Tiger
Guest_Tiger
  • Guests

Posted 15 May 2008 - 03:04 PM

Well I would have to say NES because like some people I was my first gaming system
http://forum.nintend...tyle_emoticons/default/crying.png) http://forum.nintend...tyle_emoticons/default/crying.png) http://forum.nintend...tyle_emoticons/default/crying.png)

Hugh
Hugh

A Mann's Man

• 6,936 Posts

Users Awards

Posted 16 May 2008 - 12:44 AM

NES, lots of good memories with mine. Saved my brother and I from insanity at our grandparent's house. I find the controller more comfortable and less awkward to push all of the buttons. And it's really durable.

WingedYoshi
WingedYoshi

Former Administrator, '09.

• Moblin
  • 2,629 Posts

Users Awards

Posted 17 May 2008 - 01:13 AM

NES, lots of good memories with mine. Saved my brother and I from insanity at our grandparent's house. I find the controller more comfortable and less awkward to push all of the buttons. And it's really durable.

Actually, I found the NES was relatively flimsy - especially from the age that it came from, when everything was built to last. Now, things are made to break so they can keep selling new ones.. Kind of dumb just to do that for greed.

The controller though is pretty much 50/50 with me. The extra buttons are meh, but the whole controller doesn't feel as sticky as a NES one does.

Becani
Becani

RARRRR I'M A BEAR

• Hammer Bro
  • 1,818 Posts

Posted 17 May 2008 - 01:18 AM

I Never Played on the SNES, but I do Remember Playing on the NES at my Grammy's house. It was Great fun, even though all of It's games are a bit shallow and simplistic.

But I most remember the Sharp edges of the Controller biting my Hands.......... oww......

Acgamer
Acgamer

Funny Title

• Armos Knight
  • 3,147 Posts

Posted 17 May 2008 - 08:46 AM

SNES, obviously. :P it can play NES and SNES games, plus, it has more games. A win-win situation. :P

Posted Image

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users