• Please log in to reply
22 replies to this topic

NinBoy
NinBoy

Pffft

• Bulborb
  • 945 Posts

Posted 24 May 2008 - 02:21 PM

I'm curious to which system is most popular amongst all Nintendo Pipeline members. Name your favorite and list at least three reasons why you prefer that system over the others.

davykins
davykins
  • Thwomp
  • 710 Posts

Posted 24 May 2008 - 03:26 PM

N64.
1. The Legend of Zelda: Ocarina of Time
2. Banjo Kazooie
3. Banjo Tooie

Oh, and the introduction to true 3D graphics, four player multiplayer, the introduction to a ton of new series and the perfection of older series.

Ben
Ben

Koopaling

• Koopa Troopa
  • 637 Posts

Posted 24 May 2008 - 08:35 PM

My fav. retro system is the SNES! It had some awesome games like Mario RPG, Harvest Moon, and Earthbound.. But also the SNES was the first nintendo system I owned. :P
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

B_11_321
B_11_321

Lions Tigers & Bears O My

• Koopa Troopa
  • 559 Posts

Posted 25 May 2008 - 07:58 AM

N64 it really started what Nintendo was heading for. Also, it was the console that had the game that Mario got his voice :D

Posted Image

"Have the courage to follow your heart and intuition

They somehow already know what you truly want to become

Everything else is secondary"

-Steve Jobs

WingedYoshi
WingedYoshi

Former Administrator, '09.

• Moblin
  • 2,629 Posts

Users Awards

Posted 25 May 2008 - 11:56 AM

Bill Grey: N64.
2. Banjo Kazooie
3. Banjo Tooie

Oh, and the introduction to true 3D graphics, four player multiplayer, the introduction to a ton of new series and the perfection of older series.

Perfectly said Bill. :D BANJO KAZOOIE WAS MY FIRST GAME BEATEN EVER! :O I was so proud of myself..

Decho
Decho
  • Captain Falcon
  • 6,523 Posts

Users Awards

Posted 25 May 2008 - 12:20 PM

Well... no doubt nostalgia is the main cause of this, but I'm going with my first gaming system- the SNES.

Man, I had so much fun with this... I was so impressed at the time that I could press a button and something would happen. Heck, I spent a minute on Super Mario All-Stars when I was first playing it with my grandfather jumping, getting joy out of pushing a button and seeing something happen.

And then I started to get into gaming with it and as I grew up, I started to appreciate more and more games for it. I still remember how excited I was to get The Legend of Zelda: A Link to the Past for it for my seventh birthday.

So as one can see, yeah, nostalgia does have a pretty big impact on my opinion, but nostalgia alone doesn't make it my favorite system of all time.

Now, I have even more appreciation for the games, especially the RPGs for the system. A few years ago, a friend got me into RPGs when he let me borrow his copy of Breath of Fire II for the GBA, in which I proceeded to buy it myself. This got me into other RPGs and got me interested in RPGs for the SNES, which I soon learned there were a ton of great ones out for the system.

So let's see... that's two reasons. Nostalgia and RPGs. Now what else...

Oh yeah, I forgot, it was Nintendo at their best.

Face it, when you look at a list of top 10 favorite games and you see Mario, Metroid, Zelda, or Star Fox, you're most likely also going to see the words Super Mario World, Super Metroid, A Link to the Past, and.... er... Star Fox. The SNES was truly Nintendo's golden age for first party games, and that didn't stop in America. Overseas, Nintendo was making other works of epic-win like Fire Emblem 3-5.

And for the time, it had some nice graphics. Gotta love the visual nostalgia that is known as "Mode 7".

So yeah, I hope that was enough for anyone.

davykins
davykins
  • Thwomp
  • 710 Posts

Posted 26 May 2008 - 04:19 PM

Bill Grey: N64.
2. Banjo Kazooie
3. Banjo Tooie

Perfectly said Bill. :D BANJO KAZOOIE WAS MY FIRST GAME BEATEN EVER! :O I was so proud of myself..

Gruntilda is an extremely difficult boss; as is the game as a whole. People really overlook the difficulty of the game, but it does have a very nice learning curve. It is, in my opinion, the best platformer ever.

UBISCOTT
UBISCOTT

Waddle Dee

• Bob-omb
  • 97 Posts

Posted 27 May 2008 - 05:11 PM

The N64 is my favorite Retro system because it had so many awesome games! I mean, isn't the Ocarina of Time supposed to be like the best game ever? It also had Banjo & Kazooie and Banjo Tooie and I can't stress how many hours I spent playing the multiplayer with my brother, blowing the heck out of each other with the grenade eggs in the shoot-out things.

Another game that I loved was Pokemon Stadium. The minigames were fun and battling each other in 3D for the first time in Pokemon was pretty cool! One other game I thought was fun was Super Smash Bros. I mean, it was the introduction to the whole series! It was fun beating up everything as Mario and fighting my friends or my brother[s] in multiplayer. So in conclusion, that pretty much sums it up.:bye:
I have all signatures, and no signature.

Master Wario
Master Wario

How goes it?

• Boo
  • 1,640 Posts

Posted 27 May 2008 - 07:00 PM

N64.
1.Mario Kart64.
2.Super Mario 64.
3.OoT.

Also Diddy Kong Racing, and it had four controller slots.

JRK93.jpg

Sparkle
Sparkle

hella cute

• Thwomp
  • 664 Posts

Posted 27 May 2008 - 08:55 PM

My favorite retro game would have to be banjo-toowie.
Awesome name, eh? :P

ew

PsychoDuck
PsychoDuck

A duck what acts crazy-like

• Pikachu
  • 8,535 Posts

Users Awards

Posted 27 May 2008 - 11:51 PM

Ooh boy, this is a tough one... Hmmm.... I'm going to have to say... The DS Lite.

Reason #1: It has an absolutely immense selection of quality titles. I've got 41 games for it, and very few of them are anything but awesome.

Reason #2: Possibly the greatest handheld console design ever. Sleek, visually appealing, and definitely pocket-sized

Reason #3: It has Phoenix Wright. 'Nuff said.

Oh, wait, you wanted something retro? Well, then I'd have to say the Game Boy.

Reason #1: See "Reason #1" above, subtract "41 titles" statement

Reason #2: It's incredibly durable and able to take a few hits, yet still keep going.

Reason #3: Come on, man! It's the Game-freaking-Boy! What else can be said? It's just plain amazing!

Oi00g.png

(2009-2013)

TwitterYoutube

The Duck Has Spoken.

Yubba_Bubba_MAX
Yubba_Bubba_MAX

Mr Farglenaut

• Koopa Troopa
  • 621 Posts

Posted 29 May 2008 - 12:52 AM

Hm...................................this is VERY hard for me. Cuz every retro system from Nintendo I LOVE, and I have every retro Nintendo system.

Here's 3 reasons I would have for saying the NES. And if there's some that I didn't put up, and you think that I don't like those games, I do, I just forgot to put 'em up.

Reason #1: Super Mario Bros.

Reason #2: Super Mario Bros. 3

Reason #3: Duck Hunt

3 reasons for SNES.

1: F-Zero

2: Donkey Kong Country

3: Super Mario World

And 64.

1: OoT

2: SSB

3: All the other games that I liked on this system.

And I still don't know what my favorite retro system is. Like I said, it's VERY hard for me. But when I do decide, I'll post in this thread again, ok?

Mysig_zpsf5b3ee47.png

m0h7kRZ.png

SlasherBar2.pngBijulLT.png

Joe
Joe

Bomb-Omb

• Rattata
  • 183 Posts

Posted 26 June 2008 - 10:20 PM

N64.

The selection of games was enough to put this on top. Zelda, Banjo, Kirby, Yoshi,gex and of course starfox are some of the greatest games yet.
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Holy Good Vibrations!

~20.12
~20.12

Live life to the fullest

• Metroid
  • 2,207 Posts

Posted 03 January 2010 - 07:38 PM

N64
1.Mario Kart
2.Majora's Mask (WHAT!?)
3.Banjo Kazooie

Dan
Dan

Son, I am disappoint.

• Bob-omb
  • 92 Posts

Posted 03 January 2010 - 07:41 PM

NES:
Super Mario Bros.
The Legend of Zelda
Mega Man

These are all awesome games that we still play and remember today. I'm glad I grew up with my NES, it taught me many things, including how to kill ducks.

Posted Image
Dan is amused.

Cam3ron36@NP
Cam3ron36@NP

Retro Gamer/Reviewer

• Rattata
  • 163 Posts

Posted 10 January 2010 - 11:49 AM

Nice to see I'm not the only one :)

SNES:

Loved this thing, and still do. My two most favorite games for it are obscure... Top Gear 3000 and Super Earth Defense force. I enjoyed many others, and the SNES is just awesome.

Bounty
Bounty

The end is nigh

• Armos Knight
  • 3,110 Posts

Posted 01 December 2010 - 12:32 PM

I would say N64, but SNES was the best with all of the RPG's, even if they were 3rd parties.
1 - Chrono Trigger, still a legendary RPG to this very day.
2 - I loved the Megaman X series, still do.
3 - Super Mario World was pretty great.
4 - I could give a longer list, but choose to refrain from boring you guys.

2rcwyzs.png

Giygas
Giygas

Slasher's #√-1 Fan

• Ness
  • 7,269 Posts

Users Awards

Posted 01 December 2010 - 12:44 PM

Snes.

And Bounty took the words right out of my mouth....

EXCEPT FOR ONE!

EARTHBOUND!

Bounty
Bounty

The end is nigh

• Armos Knight
  • 3,110 Posts

Posted 01 December 2010 - 03:19 PM

Snes.

And Bounty took the words right out of my mouth....

EXCEPT FOR ONE!

EARTHBOUND!

I thought about that one. I started playing it, but the dialogue and the story started to get really weird for me.

2rcwyzs.png

ForeverSpooky
ForeverSpooky
  • Monty Mole
  • 304 Posts

Posted 01 December 2010 - 04:40 PM

I've never played Earthbound, but Mother 3 is a great game! What about the story did you dislike? I think the series is perfectly quirky, but maybe that just isn't your style.

Signaturesmaller_zpsd943ae22.png

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users