Photo

How many working retro systems do you have?

• Please log in to reply
30 replies to this topic

__THAT__GUY__
__THAT__GUY__

Bomb-Omb

• Rattata
  • 158 Posts

Posted 11 August 2008 - 09:36 AM

I still have a working N64, SNES, and NES. I play the SNES the most due to Super Mario Kart. Most people I talk to who have owned an NES say that it crapped out on them eventually, so that makes me happy that mine still works perfectly fine... even though my sister put girly stickers all over it back when we were kids. :E

BowserPwnage-1.png

25k1tmh.png

Top Bunk
Top Bunk

Top Bunk

• Administrator
  • 15,548 Posts

Users Awards

Posted 11 August 2008 - 09:39 AM

Lol, girly stickers killed your NES.

I have had like 4 NES's, all of which broke down.
Borrowed an SNES from my cousins before for awhile.
But my N64 still works perfectly fine, aside from the fact I lost all the attatchments to it.

So in which case, I currently can't play any of the old retro systems.

bZCTZfr.png

Spoiler

WingedYoshi
WingedYoshi

Former Administrator, '09.

• Moblin
  • 2,629 Posts

Users Awards

Posted 11 August 2008 - 09:41 AM

Ooh! Nice thread.

• Nes
  • GameGear
  • Genesis
  • PS1
  • PS2
  • SNES
  • GameBoy
  • Gameboy Color x2
  • Gameboy Advanced
  • Gameboy Advanced SP
  • Older DS
  • NeoGeo
  • TurboGraphix16 and a TG Beta 32.
  • Nintendo 64
  • Gamecube

Yeah. They all work. I bought em all with my own money except the 64. I got that for Christmas one year... Best year of my LIFE. ;_; I miss those days.

NinBoy
NinBoy

Pffft

• Bulborb
  • 945 Posts

Posted 11 August 2008 - 09:56 AM

Ooh! Nice thread.

• Nes
  • GameGear
  • Genesis
  • PS1
  • PS2
  • SNES
  • GameBoy
  • Gameboy Color x2
  • Gameboy Advanced
  • Gameboy Advanced SP
  • Older DS
  • NeoGeo
  • Nintendo 64
  • Gamecube

Yeah. They all work. I bought em all with my own money except the 64. I got that for Christmas one year... Best year of my LIFE. ;_; I miss those days.

The sad thing is, I own all of them too except NeoGeo, TurboGraphix, and the Playstation consoles. lmao

__THAT__GUY__
__THAT__GUY__

Bomb-Omb

• Rattata
  • 158 Posts

Posted 11 August 2008 - 10:08 AM

Ooh! Nice thread.

• Nes
  • GameGear
  • Genesis
  • PS1
  • PS2
  • SNES
  • GameBoy
  • Gameboy Color x2
  • Gameboy Advanced
  • Gameboy Advanced SP
  • Older DS
  • NeoGeo
  • Nintendo 64
  • Gamecube

I guess if we're going to consider all of those I can add some to my list:

Gameboy Color
Gameboy Advance (It's Advance, not Advanced, btw)
Older DS aka DS Phat, which I still play nearly every day.
Gamecube
Sega Gamegear (I often forget about this one)

I had a Genesis too but I have no clue what happened to it. We only had two games - Sonic 2 and Sonic 3, and I remember one day my older cousin left in Sonic 3 with the power on for waaaaaay too long so the game got fried. So then we were once again left with only Sonic 2, although we often rented games.

BowserPwnage-1.png

25k1tmh.png

WingedYoshi
WingedYoshi

• Moblin
  • 2,629 Posts

Users Awards

Posted 11 August 2008 - 11:21 AM

Lol Nice.

My Gameboy says Advanced... :|

Lol I'm looking at it now. =3

__THAT__GUY__
__THAT__GUY__

Bomb-Omb

• Rattata
  • 158 Posts

Posted 11 August 2008 - 11:23 AM

Lol Nice.

My Gameboy says Advanced... :|

Lol I'm looking at it now. =3

:O The internet has lied to me!

BowserPwnage-1.png

25k1tmh.png

PsychoDuck
PsychoDuck

A duck what acts crazy-like

• Pikachu
  • 8,535 Posts

Users Awards

Posted 11 August 2008 - 11:51 AM

Well, let's see... I guess I may as well just list all the retro consoles I own.

Nintendo Entertainment System (x2)
Nintendo 64
Playstation 1
Game Boy (x2)
Game Boy Color
Game Boy Advance (Just one "d" >_>)

As far as I know, both of the Nintendo Entertainment Systems still work, but only sometimes. They're pretty picky.

I haven't been able to get my Nintendo 64 working in ages, so I think it's done for :(

The Playstation 1 worked last time I checked, but that was a while ago.

Both the Game Boys still work great, although a few columns and rows of pixels on the displays of both of them are dead.

The Game Boy Color probably works, too, but I haven't touched it in ages.

The Game Boy Advance is also probably functioning just fine, but again, I haven't touched it in quite a while.

Oi00g.png

(2009-2013)

TwitterYoutube

The Duck Has Spoken.

Kea
Kea

memento mori

• Ness
  • 7,888 Posts

Users Awards

Posted 11 August 2008 - 06:57 PM

Well, if you consider anything that isn't a Wii, XBox 360, PS3, DS Lite, and PSP Slim, I have:

N64
GBA
DS Phat
PS2

...not very much, I know. Most of my money goes into games and N64 and GBA was my first console/handheld.

My N64 used to be broken, but I cleaned out the part where the cartridge goes and it works pretty well now. I can't seem to get Player 2 to work on Pokemon Stadium 2 (works on other N64 games...) and the GameBoy attachment to work though. My original controller's control stick also reeeeally sucks. It's so loose.

GBA works just fine. It's a purple one that says "Target" on it. XD The control pad's down button seems to be going, though.

DS Phat works fine, but the hinge is broken. The L button went out for a while, but it came back. Made playing Phoenix Wright a pain. XD I also remember dropping it a lot, so there's quite a few scratches on the outside. One time the top screen got inverted from dropping it.

PS2 is working perfectly. The official controller that came with it sucks though since the rumble doesn't work. When you shake it, you can hear something move around inside of it, too. o_O

There's also a working SNES at my grandparent's if that counts, too. I used to have a GameCube as well, but it died.

Posted Image

WingedYoshi
WingedYoshi

• Moblin
  • 2,629 Posts

Users Awards

Posted 11 August 2008 - 06:59 PM

Well, if you consider anything that isn't a Wii, XBox 360, PS3, DS Lite, and PSP Slim, I have:

N64
GBA
DS Phat
PS2

...not very much, I know. Most of my money goes into games and N64 and GBA was my first console/handheld.

My N64 used to be broken, but I cleaned out the part where the cartridge goes and it works pretty well now. I can't seem to get Player 2 to work on Pokemon Stadium 2 (works on other N64 games...) and the GameBoy attachment to work though. My original controller's control stick also reeeeally sucks. It's so loose.

GBA works just fine. It's a purple one that says "Target" on it. XD The control pad's down button seems to be going, though.

DS Phat works fine, but the hinge is broken. The L button went out for a while, but it came back. Made playing Phoenix Wright a pain. XD I also remember dropping it a lot, so there's quite a few scratches on the outside. One time the top screen got inverted from dropping it.

PS2 is working perfectly. The official controller that came with it sucks though since the rumble doesn't work. When you shake it, you can hear something move around inside of it, too. o_O

There's also a working SNES at my grandparent's if that counts, too. I used to have a GameCube as well, but it died.

Your Gamecube died? :| How'd that happen? Mine was always so durable - dropped it so many times, I'd have thought it'd not work as well...

Anyway, wow. I totally had the same problem with the button... 'cept it was the R button. I've had that problem on my old Game Boy and my DS Phat as well (Sisters). They've ALL fixed themselves somehow...

Kea
Kea

memento mori

• Ness
  • 7,888 Posts

Users Awards

Posted 11 August 2008 - 07:05 PM

Your Gamecube died? :| How'd that happen? Mine was always so durable - dropped it so many times, I'd have thought it'd not work as well...

I'm assuming it's from those times I've left the power on for days at a time. Tales of Symphonia, one of my first really long games, so I didn't realize that you need to turn the game off once in a while. XD; I'm long past that though.

Both Tales of Symphonia and Paper Mario: The Thousand-Year Door were probably the main reasons my GCN died. Dang RPGs. D:

Anyway, wow. I totally had the same problem with the button... 'cept it was the R button. I've had that problem on my old Game Boy and my DS Phat as well (Sisters). They've ALL fixed themselves somehow...

And yeah, it's weird how they fix themselves somehow. Just about everything internal that's ever been wrong with my DS fixed itself.

Posted Image

WingedYoshi
WingedYoshi

• Moblin
  • 2,629 Posts

Users Awards

Posted 12 August 2008 - 01:05 AM

I'm assuming it's from those times I've left the power on for days at a time. Tales of Symphonia, one of my first really long games, so I didn't realize that you need to turn the game off once in a while. XD; I'm long past that though.

Both Tales of Symphonia and Paper Mario: The Thousand-Year Door were probably the main reasons my GCN died. Dang RPGs. D:

And yeah, it's weird how they fix themselves somehow. Just about everything internal that's ever been wrong with my DS fixed itself.

Haha! Yes, I probably clocked 60 or 70 hours on Paper Mario TTYD... that game was amazing.

Anyway, yeah, leaving your game console on for days will do that... I could never leave my console on like that... I'd feel guilty... and I don't know why, either. :

__THAT__GUY__
__THAT__GUY__

Bomb-Omb

• Rattata
  • 158 Posts

Posted 12 August 2008 - 09:37 AM

Haha! Yes, I probably clocked 60 or 70 hours on Paper Mario TTYD... that game was amazing.

Anyway, yeah, leaving your game console on for days will do that... I could never leave my console on like that... I'd feel guilty... and I don't know why, either. :

My first GCN died because the lens screwed up. I tried to fix it and the lens ended up coming off entirely. :laugh:

My mom ended up getting me a new one though, and now it is being used to prop up my 360 so that all of its vents are exposed. ;)

BowserPwnage-1.png

25k1tmh.png

Kea
Kea

memento mori

• Ness
  • 7,888 Posts

Users Awards

Posted 12 August 2008 - 11:06 PM

I had 100+ hours. XD I don't think that all of those hours were earned the correct way, though... But I got to 99:99 maybe a chapter before the last, so it's probably pretty close.

I was stupid back then, yeah. xD I could never do it now... Even those half on/half off modes (usually a red light stays on) on the PS2 and Wii worry me.

My first GCN died because the lens screwed up. I tried to fix it and the lens ended up coming off entirely. :laugh:

My mom ended up getting me a new one though, and now it is being used to prop up my 360 so that all of its vents are exposed. ;)

My GCN's lens was part of the problem, too. XD I readjusted it a bunch (it seemed to work best in the middle, but after I played a game it moved away from the middle) and even manually spun the disc sometimes (spin the disc with my hand and close the lid really fast... not very good for the discs). It work sometimes, but soon the poor GCN wouldn't read a single thing.

Posted Image

Megaman_Exe
Megaman_Exe

Waddle Dee

• Bob-omb
  • 87 Posts

Posted 13 August 2008 - 08:52 AM

All of my retro systems still function which include the following:

NES Original
NES New Style (top cartridge loader)
Gameboy (Original) (Nintendo replaced my broken one when I dropped it for free)
Gameboy Color
SNES
Nintendo 64
Gameboy Advance
Gameboy Advance SP
Gamecube
Standard DS
DS Lite
Although they don't really count I still have the Super Gameboy and Gameboy Player which both still function well.

I never got a virtual boy as I didn't know how it'd affect my eyes since they are already sensitive to light as it is. The only items that have broke were my old NES rectangular controllers, which still work but the control pads are messed up on them, and I blew the adapter for my old NES from pausing Super Mario 3 one day and running off and forgetting about it. That and one of my old SNES controllers has the cords halfway ripped out.. probably due to me tripping over the cords (I really hated that, thank goodness for wireless stuff now). So yeah as far as all my retro stuff goes the controllers is what broke down mainly. I still use a lot of them as well.. especially my SNES.. I still think of the SNES days as the golden era of Nintendo Gaming.

__THAT__GUY__
__THAT__GUY__

Bomb-Omb

• Rattata
  • 158 Posts

Posted 13 August 2008 - 10:40 AM

All of my retro systems still function which include the following:

NES Original
NES New Style (top cartridge loader)
Gameboy (Original) (Nintendo replaced my broken one when I dropped it for free)
Gameboy Color
SNES
Nintendo 64
Gameboy Advance
Gameboy Advance SP
Gamecube
Standard DS
DS Lite
Although they don't really count I still have the Super Gameboy and Gameboy Player which both still function well.

I never got a virtual boy as I didn't know how it'd affect my eyes since they are already sensitive to light as it is. The only items that have broke were my old NES rectangular controllers, which still work but the control pads are messed up on them, and I blew the adapter for my old NES from pausing Super Mario 3 one day and running off and forgetting about it. That and one of my old SNES controllers has the cords halfway ripped out.. probably due to me tripping over the cords (I really hated that, thank goodness for wireless stuff now). So yeah as far as all my retro stuff goes the controllers is what broke down mainly. I still use a lot of them as well.. especially my SNES.. I still think of the SNES days as the golden era of Nintendo Gaming.

The Super Gameboy!!! :laugh: Ah, good times. I also skipped the Virtual Boy due to how much I valued my ability to see. It wasn't so fun anyway. My friend had one and I played the Mario Tennis game on it. I don't remember it being very impressive.

I never had a problem with NES or SNES controllers. The ones I use are the ones that came with the console. Unfortunately I only have one of each left since some got lost during so many relocations of the systems. :

BowserPwnage-1.png

25k1tmh.png

Agentdvd
Agentdvd

Toad

• Monty Mole
  • 458 Posts

Posted 13 August 2008 - 09:17 PM

These aren't all mine (in fact I don't own any of them.)
* Nes
* SNES
* Nintendo 64
* GameBoy (Brickboy)
* Gameboy Color
* Gameboy Advanced
* Gameboy Advanced SP
* Phat DS
* Gamecube
* GameGear
* Genesis
* PS2
* Phat PSP

Pretty sweet collection if you ask me.
My new name is AgentDeleatur(pronounced deleter) feel free to call me AgentDVD if you still want though.

Posted Image

Acgamer
Acgamer

Funny Title

• Armos Knight
  • 3,147 Posts

Posted 16 August 2008 - 11:52 AM

I have a blue GBA with the Toys R Us logo on it. xD It's weird why that was on there.

And my DS Lite's L button doesn't work either. xD I think mine was because of Phoenix Wright. >.>

Anyway...

GBA
Gameboy
Gameboy Color
SP
Gamecube
PS2

Posted Image

Master Wario
Master Wario

How goes it?

• Boo
  • 1,640 Posts

Posted 16 August 2008 - 12:59 PM

N64 and Gamecube. They reset button on the 64 is broke, but it does work just fine. And I have left them both on all night for a lot of times.

JRK93.jpg

NinBoy
NinBoy

Pffft

• Bulborb
  • 945 Posts

Posted 16 August 2008 - 01:46 PM

:O The internet has lied to me!

O noes! Hows dares itz!

Haha, if you look around teh intarwebz, it also mentions the Gamecube was $200 when infact it was $250.

Mine works...After many of drops when moving the console back and forth between my room and the living area at my house. lol

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users